Status: In the works

The Doctors Broken Porcelain Ballerina

The Pit

The Doctor and Clara walked into the workshop to see Redd talking to a man. The man looked concern and upset to what Redd was telling him. They got closer to hear the last bit of what he was telling her.
“The pit is a dangerous place Redd. You can never go down there at all.”
“But Patrick, there is something down there that wants us. It took Nate last week and it almost got me too if I did not act as quickly as I did.”
Patrick put his hand on Redd’s shoulder and looked her straight in the eyes.
“Just promise me Redd that you will stay out of the pit. You are safe now and next time you go on stage we will make sure you have someone with you... Okay?”
“Yeah… I understand Patrick.”
Patrick nodded at her and walked back into his office as Redd made her way to the paint area which was in the corner of the workplace behind a wall. The Doctor looked at Clara and they followed her to the paint area to full understand what is going on in this place. Once there he saw Redd had her back turned to them as she was washing paint brushes in the sink. The Doctor leaned against the counter watching her, as Clara looked around to make sure no one was seeing them.
“It’s rude to stare at someone and a bit creepy at the same time. Are you a stalker Doc?”
The Doctor looked taken back to what Redd said to him. Clara covered her mouth to stifle a laugh at what she said and to the Doctors reaction. The Doctor gained his composure as Redd turned around and faced him.
“Well Miss Redd, I couldn’t help to hear that you seem to have some sort of situation happening around here.”
“I know Doc. So what does this have to do with you and whatever is going on?”
“I believe that I can help you on what is going on around here. With your help and all.”
Redd looked at the Doctor like he grew two heads at the very moment.
“You want to help out on what’s going on? How can you when even I don’t know what’s going on in this place and I’ve been here for four years? It’s my last year and I’m just trying to survive.”
The Doctor moved away from the counter as he made his way closer to Redd. He put one arm on either side of her pinning her against him and the sink. Clara’s eyes widen at the Doctors bold move that he is doing at that very moment. Redd lets out a gasp of having this man close to her that she barely knew and the Doctor. He was more surprised at what he was doing and wondered what possessed him to do this. The Doctor decided to use this as an advantage and went with the flow of what was going on. He looked Redd straight into her eyes and said in a very serious voice.
“You and I both know it has something to do with this pit. I need you to take us there and help out as much as you can.”
“And what exactly do I get out of this Doc? For helping out the both of you on this daring quest you have going on?”
The Doctor smiled at Redd as he moved away from her.
“You my dear get to join us on an adventure as we figure out what is going on with this place.”
Redd moved away from the sink, closer to Clara and the Doctor. She mimics the Doctor and his actions by putting her hands on either side of his body pinning him to the counter. Clara was at this point intrigued at this girl and her boldness. The Doctor on the other had is a bit uneasy about how she turned around and did to him what he did to her. She leaned in and looked him dead in the eyes.
“I will help you out…On one condition. I can join you and Clara in that blue box of yours.”
The Doctor and Clara looked shocked at Redd. It’s normal that no one pays attention to them at all when the Tardis appears and they step out of it.
“I may have been in a hurry to get to work Doc, but I’m a very observant person to what’s going on around me and my surroundings. I saw that blue box of yours appear out of nowhere and landed right in the middle of the quad. You’re not from here…are you?”
The Doctor smiled at her knowing that there was something about her that was special. He looked at Clara knowing Redd hit a nail with a hammer.
“Well Redd…looks like you have me in a corner and give me no choice, but to say yes.”
Redd smiled at the Doctor know his was right on the corner part literally.
“Let’s go Doc and discover what is going on here shall we?”
“Yes Redd let’s. Why don’t you lead the way to the entrance to the pit Redd since you know this place like the back of your hand.”
Redd moved away from the Doctor and walked out of the paint area towards the door that led to the stage.
“So we need to quietly make our way across the stage for it seems loud noises is what makes the strange thing happen. We will be taking the elevator part of the stage that is located near the audience down to the pit itself.”
The Doctor nodded his head as he looked towards the office where Patrick was. Clara followed the Doctors gaze and notices this too.
“Redd what about your boss?”
Redd looked at Clara then to the office where Patrick was busy away working and calling his supervisor to tell him what happened. She smiled and looked at Clara.
“Patrick will be busy for a while working on paperwork, projects and filling out documents on what just happened, we will be fine. Let’s go you two.”
They walked through the door to the stage and quickly made their way to the front.
“Stay here, while I put up the caution rope don’t need someone falling down the drop as part of the stage is gone.”
Redd put the tape up a disappeared behind a wall once she was done with the tape. All of a sudden the stage shifted and they started moving downward. Redd appeared and jogged to reach the part of the stage that was going down. The Doctor rubbed both his hands together and smiled as he turned to face both girls.
“Shall we see what’s going on ladies.”
Both the girls looked at each other and smiled as they descended down towards the pit
♠ ♠ ♠
Will be working on part three