Status: Taking a slightly (or not) dark turn with this one. UPDATE: It's gonna be dark.

The Conductor

The Return

Dark.

Nothing but darkness for miles.

The expanse is completely void of sound.

I can hear my heart beat inside of my chest – one sluggish
ba-dump! after another.
I can hear my blood rushing through my veins.

It’s unnerving.

My body is numb. My limbs refuse to move.
As if I am bound to something.

I cannot open my mouth to make a sound.
I cannot turn my head to look.

The only body parts that seem to function are my eyes.

Soon, the darkness fades away and I am now standing in the forest, still unable to move.

The silence was broken by distant pants and the crushing and crunching of leaves and twigs.
The noises grew closer and closer until…

A trip. A fall.
A cry out in pain as he panicked, trying his best to pull himself from off of the ground, but failed.

He turned over, revealing his identity and the utter fear on his face.

Tyler.

I wanted to smile.
I wanted to call out to him.
I wanted to run to him and comfort him.

But I still could not move anything but my eyes.

The crunching of the leaves returned in the distance, coming closer and closer.

The glint of a cleaver – a sharp point jutted out from the edge.
A tall, lanky figure with disheveled, brown hair.
A devious smile.

Venturing closer and closer to Tyler, who was still on the ground, paralyzed.

I wanted to scream. I wanted to yell for Tyler to run away.
However, I could not open my mouth.

And Tyler, with tears streaming down his face, could only stare with fear-filled eyes at the man.

He tried to scream, but was cut off by the hand that wrapped around his throat.
The man with the cleaver chuckled as Tyler kicked and squirmed to escape.

I tried to yell again – no use.

I could only watch Tyler as he weakly tried to pry the man’s hand open as the man raised the cleaver in the air.

The tears continued.
He choked and gasped for air with such desperation.

He reached one of his hands towards the man.

“M-Michael…D-Don’t…!”

But the cleaver had already taken its place in Tyler’s stomach, tearing a large amount of flesh as it was pulled out dripping with blood.

A scream in agony and terror.
Tyler’s hands gripped at the ground.

“M-Michael…! P-Please…! It hurts…!”

Another hack into his body – blood splattered; part of an intestine was pulled out along with the cleaver.
There wasn’t a scream – a small gurgle took place as blood poured from Tyler’s mouth.

I still couldn’t move.
I couldn’t look away from the horror.

“Mich…ael…! Mich…!”

That isn’t me!
Tyler, that isn’t me! I’m right here!
That man isn’t me!

Tears poured from my own eyes as the man continued to hack away mercilessly at Tyler’s insides.
Tyler was lifeless by the fourth impact – the man continued to hack away regardless.

Lifeless limbs.
Lifeless eyes – still wide open with fear.

Splattered blood painted everything.

The man finally stopped; the cleaver fell to his side – it was completely soaked in blood with the remains of flesh and organs sticking to it.

He slowly turned his head.
A dark, devious smile plastered on a face the resembled my own.

“Time to wake up, Michael.”


My eyes shot open as I sat up, hyperventilating in cold sweat.

“Nightmare?”

I turned to see the magistrate and the guard waiting outside of the cell; both of them had worry etched on their faces.
I wiped the sweat from my forehead and took a moment to calm down – I tried my best not to break down in tears.

“We’ll give you a moment to collect yourself before we let you out.”

And I then was alone.

I lied back on the bed, running my hands through my hair and tugging at the strands.
The images from the nightmare quickly rushed through my head: painful and repetitive.

Is…Is that what I did?
Is that what I did to Tyler…?


The tears started to flow; I furiously wiped at them to get rid of the tears, but more came in multitudes.

I’m sorry, Tyler…!
I’m so so sorry…!

I’m sorry…!


| x | x | x |

“Remember my proposition: you will end the monster’s life. We will investigate his corpse. If we see fit, you will be partially pardoned for the murder of Ms. Goodwife and will not be executed. You will only serve two years in prison. However, if you attempt to flee and are caught, my generous proposition will be null and void. Is everything understood?”

I slowly nodded towards the magistrate.

“Very well then. You are dismissed.”

I was unchained and lead out of the court.

The townspeople simply stared – some with looks of fear, others with looks of disgust and disdain.
There were no words that had left their mouths.

I sluggishly made my way home, the proposition and the nightmare constantly circling through my mind.

I opened the door and stepped inside, closing the door behind me.

Ten days of incarceration, yet I am not happy to be back home.

I walked up the stairs and entered the bedroom, immediately stripping the disgusting clothing from me.
I bathed for an hour and brushed my teeth afterwards.

I stepped out of the bathroom to head towards the closet, but stopped immediately.

A figure, covered in dirt and smudges, stood in the middle of the room.

He turned to look at me but immediately dropped his gaze to the floor as he bit down on his lip.
Before I could even start to utter his name, he ran towards me and embraced me.

However, I remembered the proposition; I remembered the nightmare, and was terrified; I wanted to push him away, but…

“Michael…!”
My name in the form of a soft cry.

My lip quivered, and the tears began.
I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer.

“I’m sorry, Michael…I’m sorry…!”

My grip on him tightened as the tears continued.

I can’t do it.

“…I’m the one who should be sorry…”

I refuse to go through with it.

“Tyler…”

I…I love him...

“…I love you…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Now about the next chapter...
Well...
Anyway, another update, lovelies!
Don'tFearTheReaper, GreenZombieIce, bara-kitten <3
'Til the next chapter!