Status: Completed!

Never Let You Go

Chapter 13

Patrice heard the click of the door. It swung open and the Boston Bruin centre lifted his head up. His blood-shot, tear-stained eyes focused on the exit. Eliana stood in the frame. She smiled kindly to him.

He continued to stare at her, as she stepped to the side and gestured with her hand toward the exit in approval. She nodded to him. It was alright for him to leave. He didn’t move though.

She walked in and grabbed his arms in her hands and helped him to his feet. He was shaking from head to foot, but she led him out of the room finally. He didn’t look back, all he could do was keep his eyes forward.

As they walked, she lifted her hand at the side of him and pressed something sharp into his upper arm muscle. He flinched, wincing, but soon the pinching sharpness faded. She sat him in a cushioned chair, like in a doctor’s waiting room. His head lolled to the side, his eyes glazed over with no emotion.

“It was fun, Bergy, but like the playoffs and the NHL seasons, it must end. I injected you with a sedative, it will help to ease you back into normalness. I have faith that you will be able to return to top form, my beloved centerman. You’ll win the Selke for years to come and go down in Boston Bruin history!”

She kissed him once more in farewell and walked off. He closed his eyes and drifted off into sleep, limply lying in the chair.