Status: Completed!

One Magical Night

Night At The Hawks' Nest

After a heart-breaking Chicago Blackhawks loss going into the 2015 playoffs, Aaralyn made her way to the local bar in Chicago, “Hawk Nest.” She promptly sat down at the tall bar, nearly jumping into the chair. She drank until her sorrows disappeared. Then she returned to her house, alone and heartbroken once more.

She returned there the following night. She was a regular, so the bar keep greeted her warmly, got her regular drink prepared and set it down on the counter for her. This time, she was in high spirits, as were the people around her. They cheered and chanted, “We want the cup! We want the cup!”

The Chicago Blackhawks had drawn the infamous Colorado Avalanche, a difficult opponent, but a good series. They had faced off for the first game of the series, earlier that evening and had stomped on the Avs. The Hawks had won with a 7-4 score. A vicious and good old-fashioned pounding. Patrick Kane has scored a hat trick, and Jonathan Toews had the night of his career with a massive five point evening, including three assists and two goals.

Naturally, Aaralyn was alive with happiness. She quickly downed seven beers. On her eighth, she is totally intoxicated, but still happily chugging the beverage of alcohol. She gets to her feet, as the DJ plays “Chelsea Dagger.” Everyone in the bar goes nuts with excitement. They begin drunkenly dancing around and partying, screaming at the top of their lungs.

Aaralyn makes to join in the celebration, grabbing her beer up and whipping around. She immediately bumps into something or someone. Her beer splashes back onto her. The liquid drenches her shirt at the chest. She gasps, yelping in shock.

She hadn’t realized that people had entered the bar. Her eyes gradually came up the person’s figure that she had bumped into. As her eyes met the other person’s, she gasped, dropping the glass in her hand, in shock. The cup shattered on the ground, sending shards of glass everywhere on the floor.

“I’m sorry! I’m terribly sorry!” a male voice screamed to her, in a familiar monotone, grabbing her by the shoulders.

In front of her, stood the captain for the Chicago Blackhawks: Jonathan Toews. His amber eyes glittered brilliantly in the dim light. He was wearing a suit and tie, black in color. He looked sharp and handsome. And his hair was slicked back and freshly showered.

Aaralyn blushed. She was speechless, unable to respond due to her fangirling.

“Are you okay, can I buy you another drink?” he continued to fret, sweetly.

The redhead nodded, biting her lip. This was a dream come true for her. The hockey player took her around the shoulders and led her back to the bar. He aided her into one of the stools and then sat beside her. She noticed that the other Blackhawks, including the best friend in Patrick Kane took seats in the booths, leaving them alone.

Patrick eyed her. He wasn’t exactly mad, just curious, but it was enough for Aaralyn’s memory of her dream to come racing back into her head. His baby blue eyes glimmered under the light, searing into her own, sparkingly blue eyes. He shook his head and turned, deciding against whatever he was considering.

Patrick Sharp pulled him down into the booth.

Aaralyn turned to Jonathan, who had ordered a new drink for her. He was staring at her with a kind look.

“So, you a Hawks fan?” he asked.

“Yes, sir.”

“There’s no need to be nervous. I’m just Jonathan Toews. Forget that I’m famous!” He flashed her a kind smile. The kind of smile that sent shivers racing up and down her spine.

“I-I’m sorry, I’m just starstruck!” she managed to get out, flinging her arms around the Blackhawk captain.

He was shocked by the move of passion, but he allowd her to hug him. After all, it was the least he could do for her, given that he had bumped into her.

Suddenly she pulled back and buried her face in her hands. Her curly locks of crimson fell around her face, shielding her. “Oh no, I’m sorry. I acted on impulse. I’m sorry if I crossed a line, please don’t be mad at me, Mr. Toews!”

He flashed another warm and generous smile to her. “It’s alright. It’s not like I’ve not been manhandled before. It comes with the fame. Trust me, there has been worse. I’ve been pulled, yanked, kissed, inappropriately touched, I could go on and on.”

Aaralyn grinned. She giggled softly. Jonathan joined her in laughing.

“There was one fan at the 2013 Blackhawks Convention, who came up, grabbed my face and began making out pretty disturbingly with me!” He told, shuddering at the memory.

The tragically, upset look that the Chicago captain gave her, made her want to embrace him again. But she forcedly restrained herself. She didn’t want to chase him away yet. She was actually enjoying herself.

The bartender placed her new beer out, in front of her. Jonathan gestured to it, nodding. He reassured her that it was completely okay and that the drink was on him. She graciously sipped it slowly. He got himself a beer as well and drank it with her.

They became intoxicated together, laughing and joking. They goofed off with one another, chatting about personal matters. Aaralyn was so drunk that she confessed her love for Jonathan, who replied that he was falling in love with her. He ran his fingers through her curly locks, admiring the color dyed into the strands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aaralyn & Johnny <3