Status: Completed!

One Magical Night

False Alarms

Jonathan’s POV

Jonathan woke up and looked around him, the room was pitch black, but from what he could see he wasn’t in his own room. Why did he feel a strange sensation inside of himself? As he started to wake himself up more, he remembered the events of last night and looked over to his right noticing the figure beside him.

He sat up, smiling, still half in a daze, contemplating to himself whether he should just go back to sleep or not. Maybe he should leave and return to his own place? His stomach ultimately answered his question. He grumbled, rolling over in the warm bed. Gazing over at the clock, he realized it was only 4 am. Feeling a wave of nausea wash over him, he made a quick dash to the bathroom getting rid of the contents of his stomach. He flushed the toilet, resting his head on the bowl briefly, just in case there was anymore throwing up he needed to do.

Thinking about it, he decided that this had just been a one-night-stand and he should probably head back to his place, to avoid any awkwardness until the morning. He got up, grabbing his shirt from the floor and pulling it over his head, before he walked around searching for his jeans. He found them and bent down to grab them, pulling them on as quietly as he could with his back to the bed.

Aaralyn’s POV

Aaralyn heard someone walking around and opened her eyes up, rolling over to see that the spot beside her was empty. She looked to the side of the room, noticing Jonathan pulling on his jeans and grabbing some of the other items he had strewn around the room. She looked over to her alarm clock with showed that it was 4:30 in the morning and was perplexed as to why he was leaving so early.

"What are you doing?" Her voice was thick with sleep and the remainder of last night’s alcohol party.

He turned around, but then continued to pick up his things. "Heading home."

She propped herself up on an elbow to see him better. "Why?" She tried not to seem too desperate as she asked this question. She didn’t exactly want him to leave.

"I just figured it would be better to leave now than to awkwardly leave in the morning."

"Why would it be awkward?"

Jonathan opened his mouth to answer, but then realized that maybe this girl didn't see last night the way he thought she would, like Tyler, Patrick, or Brad would. He stood there motionless.

She took his lack of anything to say, as a clue to keep going and patted the side of the bed he had previously occupied. "Come on, there's no sense you going home now. Besides, it’s always better to sleep off a night of drinking with someone else beside you. And I don’t want you to get into any problems; strange people roam these hours of the morning. If you got hurt or worse, I don’t know what I would do."

He chuckled at her far-fetched logic, but after a few seconds of looking at her and her taking in the adorable sleepy eyed, messy haired man in front of her, he sighed, pulling his shirt off and removing his jeans again, crawling back into bed.

"There, happy now?" He asked, a joking tone to his voice.

"Not quite," she opened the arm closest to him and nodded for him to move into the awaiting space. He did as she requested and cuddled into her side, making himself comfy and loving the warmth that she provided.

And she loved the warmth that he provided for her as well. They grinned, as they snuggled in close to one another, once more.

"There, now I'm happy."