‹ Prequel: Coming Home
Sequel: Seize the Day

Unholy Confessions

Jealousy is an ugly word.

(Marigold's POV)

It was now a month into the Waking tour, I had spent majority of the time posting on job sites and hanging out with Lena and Lacey.Michelle kept her distance from me at Val's request, seeing as she was her sister although she still didn't think it was right for Val to be acting like this in the first place. I talked to Zacky for a good few hours until they had to go on.About twenty minutes later I noticed that Matt had sent me a text.

Mattypooh: Have you seen Val?
Marigold: No, sorry.
Mattypooh: Oh.Well I miss you.
Marigold: Me to.
Mattypooh: Can I call you later?

I hesitated before replying to that one.Matt had been persistent ever since that kiss before they left.Zack had no clue about anything going on since I was best friends with all of the guys, he didn't get suspicious about anything.I sighed, shaking my head.I knew I was going to regret this later.But for some reason I just felt like this was the right thing to do.

Marigold: Sure.
Mattypooh: Thank you<3

I lounged around the house in my favorite pajamas, Zacky's 'Misfits' T-shirt and my fluffy black shorts and watched rerun episodes of Friends.It was about to be midnight and I was surprisingly home alone.Lena was visiting her grandparents for the weekend and Lacey was working graveyard shifts at her new job.I felt like so much had happened in the last month that I didn't know what to exactly think.I trusted Zacky, there was no doubt about that, but it was really the whole ordeal with Matt that was preoccupying my thoughts.

My phone rang loudly at about 12:30, luckily I still hadn't fallen asleep yet."Hey Mari." I heard Matt's voice through the other end.I rolled over onto my back and got comfortable."Hi Matt, how's the tour going?" I could faintly hear noises coming from the background and then pure silence."Good actually, we're getting alot of positive feedback from everyone.I think everyone is having a case of the blues though.Johnny keeps talking about Lace, Jim about Lena, Brian about Michelle and Zack about you.I'm all alone." I missed Zacky alot, hell, I missed them all, but I knew Matt wasn't handling this single thing lightly.

"I know, Lacey and Lenny always talk about them.I honestly haven't seen or heard from the others though, I'm sorry Matt." He groaned lowly, probably walking around away from everyone else."I still keep thinking about our kiss, Mari.I can't get it out of my head." He said, making my heart start to beat faster.I scratched the back of my head nervously."I know, I know your with Zack.I respect that I do.But I'm in love with you too, Mari.Don't shut me out please." He practically begged, sounding more worried than anything else.

"I already told you, it's not going to happen that way Matt.I just can't." I heard him sigh, obviously not liking the things that I was saying but it was the truth."I'm fucking jealous of you two Mari, I want what Zacky has, I want you." He stated, making it very clear that he was now starting to get frustrated.

I glanced over at a picture sitting on my bedside table of me and Zacky from our high school prom.I couldn't betray him like that, not after everything we had been through these past few years.I definitely wasn't ready to lose it all for this."I'm your best friend Matt, nothing more, nothing less.Now look I gotta get some sleep, goodnight." I said before abruptly hanging up the phone.I felt bad for him, I really did, but I loved Zacky.

I quickly dialed his number, praying that he would answer soon.He did on the first ring."I was just about to call you to say goodnight." His sweet voice rang through my ears, making a relieved smile come to my face."Goodnight baby, I love you Zacky." I yawned slightly.He chuckled "Goodnight babe.I love you too Mari, I'll call you tomorrow." Once he hung up I immediately stretched out onto my bed.But as soon as I was about to close my eyes, a text message flashed brightly on my screen.It was from Matt.

Mattypooh: I'm not giving up.You will be mine.

Great, just great.This was the last thing that I needed to worry about.
♠ ♠ ♠
AND HERE IT IS, the first chapter to the sequel! I really hope you guys enjoy this, I promise I will make it as action-drama-love filled as possible! This chapter is a little short to just fill everyone in on everything, but please let me know how you like it! Enjoy guys! :)