‹ Prequel: Coming Home
Sequel: Seize the Day

Unholy Confessions

Forgotten Faces.

(Zacky's POV)

Later that night Marigold had called and said she was coming over. I waited patiently in the living room, watching some weird movie on Netflix until she showed up. She said that we had to talk so I automatically assumed that it couldn't be good news. "Hi baby." She said quietly as she came in the door. I immediately stood up an gave her a kiss. "So what's wrong babe? What'd you wanna talk about?" I could tell by the look in her eyes that something was definitely bothering her but I honestly couldn't figure out what it could possibly be.

She sat down on the sofa and put her hands to her face. "Zacky, I talked to Matt." I whipped my head to the side, looking at her confused. "Why the fuck were you talking to him? I thought he knew to leave you alone?" My temper was started to shrink by the moments as she just sat there, shaking her head at me. "He does Zack, but he told me that Val was with Gena today. They said she had a son and she.." I suddenly felt my throat start to tighten and my heart pound in my chest. She couldn't be thinking what I think she is, could she?

"She what? What did she do?" I saw a tear slip down her cheek before she cleared her throat and continued. "She named him after you Zacky. His name is Zachary James and according to Val he also has green eyes and dark hair, just like you." Marigold quickly burst into tears as she said the last part. I felt like I was being set on fire from the inside, I couldn't stop shaking and sweating profusely. "But she said the baby wasn't mine!" I knew I had to call Gena and get to the bottom of this before it ruined my relationship with Mari completely. I held her securely in my arms while she cried and sobbed loudly.

"I'm gonna talk to her in the morning to work this all out ok? I promise." She just nodded silently and sniffled. I felt horrible for having to put her through this, but there was ultimately nothing that I could do to stop it. I just knew that I had to go and see Gena as soon as possible.

(Matt's POV)

After I hung around with Gena, Val and the new baby for a while, I decided to head over to Brian's and tell him the interesting news that I had found out. He handed me a beer as we sat down around his living room. "So what's this amazing news you had to tell me?" I took a long swig from my beer before sighing. "I saw Gena's baby, Zacky jr. It was Zack's kid all along." Brian suddenly spit beer everywhere as his eyes went wide. I couldn't believe it either until I had finally seen the baby in person. "Fuck dude, do you know how bad that is? I mean, what's gonna happen now? I know for a fact Zacky's not ready to be a dad and he and Marigold are already skating on thin ice since the shit you pulled. Oh fuck." I rolled my eyes, everyone just couldn't move on from that could they?

"I don't know, but shit's gonna happen either way. I just hope everything works out." Brian eyed me suspiciously. I threw my hands up in defense. I wasn't up to anything, I was only going to be there for Marigold as a friend and that was the truth. "I'm not gonnna do anything relax!" Brian just smirked, taking another drink from his beer.

I could only hope that this news didn't spread around like wildfire, but knowing this secret was too good to not share with everyone who needed to know.

(Marigold's POV)

It was around midnight when I had finally left Zacky's and went back home. I usually spent the night but after finding out all this, I felt sick just being around anybody. I peered out of my window and looked up at the moon. It was brighter than usual, it lit up the whole beach like a nightlight. "I'm so sorry, Zack." I muttered to myself as I took out my phone and dialed Matt's number. He answered on the first ring. "Hey, Matt. Come over please?" He yawned a bit before answering. "I'll be right over babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
OHHHH MORE DRAMA! :0 I really hope you guys enjoy this update, sorry it took a little long to post! my dad is now in remission, which means they haven't detected anymore cancer cells so far! :D so thanks so much for all the support and positive vibes, I truly love you all! :) Enjoy!