‹ Prequel: Coming Home
Sequel: Seize the Day

Unholy Confessions

Second Heartbeat.

(Marigold's POV)

I felt like I was going to throw up at any moment as Zacky and I waited downstairs in Gena's living room while she went to get the baby. I honestly felt like just making for the exit, but I knew how important this was to Zacky and I was determined to show him that I was there for him and that I supported all his decisions. My eyes widen as I saw Gena start to walk down the stairs with a tiny bundle wrapped up in her arms. It had to be the new baby. "Hi Zack, Marigold. Well here he is, this is baby Zachary James." She handed him carefully over to Zacky who just stared in complete awe at him. He had Zacky's gorgeous green eyes and his dark hair. He really was a mini clone of Zacky. I felt a tear run down my face as he looked up at his dad. He was smiling wide, almost as if he already knew. "Hey buddy, I'm your dad." Zacky cooed at the baby happily. I couldn't bare to look at this any longer. "I'm gonna go use the restroom real quick." I said to Gena who just nodded and pointed to the left of the hall.

I sat down on the toilet and cried instantly. I was upset mainly because now I know that Gena will forever have a part of Zacky in her life and Zacky will always have a part of her in his life as well. I instantly flashbacked to the day at the hospital with Val and when they told me the news that I was pregnant and that I had lost the baby. It hurt me deep down to the core, that Gena was able to give Zacky the gift of something that I couldn't. I loved Zacky with every fiber in my body but that obviously wasn't enough. Gena really did deserve to be with him, not me. She has his child and a child needs their father in their lives. I didn't want to be the reason that they were separated from each other. "Mari, are you ok?" I suddenly heard Zacky's voice come from the other side of the door. I quickly wiped my tears away and blew my nose before opening the door. "I'm fine." I lied and he could see right through it.

He pulled me into a tight hug "I know this is really overwhelming for you babe, but I promise this won't make anything different between us. I love you Marigold and that's all that matters. I'll always be with you and Gena knows that my life isn't suitable to raise a child, that's why she's with her boyfriend now. I'll always love my son and of course I want to be there for his main parts in his life, but right now the only thing that matters is the band and you. Of course it hurts me some that I can't be there to take care of him, but in the long run I know how happy he will be with a stable dad and that he will be well taken care of by his mom and stepdad. So please don't cry." I felt entirely speechless after hearing the things that Zacky had just said to me. He was so mature and responsible, his parents raised him so right.

I hugged onto him and stayed quiet. I didn't know what to even say. I felt so horrible for doing the things that I did with Matt the other night. I was being selfish and inconsiderate of how Zacky was feeling about everything and I completely broke the trust of our relationship once again. I know for a fact that if he finds out, it will be the end of it all.

We headed back into the living room and said our goodbyes to Gena and the baby. Zacky told her he would be by in a week or so to see how things are and to bring some stuff for him. Gena gladly accepted and said that I was also welcomed to come by anytime and see the baby as well. I was glad that the bad blood between was far gone, but I still couldn't help to shake the awful feeling that I felt the entire time. I had to tell Lena what was going on, she would understand and know how to help me. I took out my phone and sent her a quick text while Zacky was backing out of the driveway.

Marigold: Lenny I need you.
Lennybear: What's wrong sugar? :o
Marigold: I need to talk to you. Come to band practice at Matt's
Lennybear: Ok boo see you there.

It was around 1 in the afternoon when we finally had gotten over to Matt's house for band practice. Jimmy, Lena, Brian, and Johnny were already there waiting for us. I rushed over to Lena who hugged me immediately knowing that something was wrong. We sat outside of Matt's house, making sure that we were out of earshot from everyone when I finally started to talk. "I fucked up Lena. I really did and I don't know what to do." She looked at me with a questioning look, raising an eyebrow. "What exactly did you do, babe?" I looked down shamefully at the floor, feeling the tears start to fall again. "I cheated on Zacky. I slept with Matt, Lena."

She quickly covered her mouth with her hands, gasping in the process. "Oh no, why babe?" I cried into her chest as she held onto me. "Because I was being selfish. When I found out that Gena's baby was actually Zacky's I just lost it completely. I felt like he was meant to be with her because they had a family but then after all the shit that happened this morning when we went to go and see the baby, I had a total change of heart. Zacky explained everything to me so well, I just feel so fucked up for this Lenny. I don't know what to do." I sobbed uncontrollably, feeling my entire body start to shake violently. She just kept rubbing my back and telling me that everything would be ok. "You need to just figure out if your gonna be with Zacky %100 or if your going to keep playing into these games with Matt. It's only going to be harder if you don't choose now."

I sniffled and shook my head. "I know, I need to figure this out. I want to be with Zacky and only Zacky but I'm so scared that Matt will turn this around again and make me look like the bad guy." Lena scratched the back of her neck before giving me a reassuring smile. "It's going to work itself out fine. We all know that Zacky wouldn't believe a word that would come out of Matt's mouth ever since the whole episode in Vegas. So just talk to Zacky after this practice and be truthful. If he loves you, he'll forgive you. If you love him, you'll never do this again and accept the fact that he has a son with someone else and you'll stop playing into Matt's games. Got it?" I hugged onto her tightly and agreed.

Now all that's left was to make things right and tell Zacky everything that had went on. The only thing I could hope was that he could forgive me.
♠ ♠ ♠
And I leave with this! A filler, to show how Zacky and Mari are feeling seeing the baby for the first time and that Lena is here to save the day! I promise the next update will be longer and lots more drama you wont see coming! (; I love you all! Thanks for all the positive feedback and wishes! Enjoy guys! :)