‹ Prequel: Coming Home
Sequel: Seize the Day

Unholy Confessions

Tonight the World Dies.

(Marigold's POV)

After band practice was over with, Zacky and I headed back to his house where I knew I was going to have to break the news to him. Lena gave me a quick pep talk before we had left and I did my best to let it all soak in until I got home. We sat down at the kitchen table and made light conversation until I decided it was time. "So, I need to talk to you about something Zack." He looked up at me, his eyes slightly red and agitated. "About what babe? Is everything ok?" I looked down and shrugged slightly. I don't think I could do this. I took in a shaky breath before looking back up at him. He grabbed onto my hand as I began to talk. "The other day when I heard that Gena's baby was actually yours, I lost it. I didn't think that I deserved to be with you anymore and that she did, but then when we went over there and you said all those things, I just felt so horrible. The night when I went home though, I-I called Matt. He came over." Zacky's eyes suddenly glared over at me and he automatically let go of my hand.

"What happened? Did he do something to you?" I sighed deeply before letting a few tears fall down my face. "No. I slept with him Zacky. I had sex with Matt." And suddenly as if time seemed to stop all together, Zacky's face turned completely pale as I noticed tears start to fall from his eyes. "What?! How could you?! Why!" I cried loudly, shaking my head over and over. "Because! I was being selfish and stupid, I didn't think about your feelings and just worried about myself! That's why!" Zacky picked up a picture from up beside his kitchen table and smashed it to pieces. I watched the glass fly all over the floor as he started to curse loudly. I knew I had done it this time. "Please understand baby, I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you Zacky! I was just being selfish and I'm sorry! If I could take it back, I swear that I would but please just believe how sorry I am!" He laughed bitterly, wiping his eyes on the sleeve of his jacket. "If you loved me like you swore you did, you wouldn't have done this to me Mari! I loved you!"

My heart started to pound in my chest as those words had came from his lips. He was going to break up with me. I grabbed onto his hand swiftly but he swatted it away harshly. "Please Zacky I am so sorry! Please don't do this!" He stood there and looked at me with a blank expression on his face. I tried my hardest to hug onto him but he refused everything. "I loved you Marigold, you're my everything. But you hurt me more than words can even say. I think it's best that we both just go our own ways now." I felt my knees buckle and give way from underneath me, making me fall right to the ground. "Get up Mari, please. I'll take you home but then it's over. I need to worry about my own life for right now." I just sat there, sobbing uncontrollably on the floor as Zacky went over into the other room to get his keys.

I texted Lena, telling her exactly what Zacky had said. Her only reply was a simple sad face. I knew this was going to happen but it's my own damn fault. I hurt Zacky, I slept with his goddamn best friend. If anything he had every single right to leave me. All I did was cheat on him and make him feel at his lowest when he should be feeling the best he's ever felt. He's in a successful rock band that's starting to evolve into something great and I just couldn't let him be happy. I just had to keep thinking about myself, right?

We headed out into the cold night air, not saying a word to each other besides muffled sobs and obvious curse words. And to make matters even harder on the both of us, our favorite song had started to play softly in the background. It was "November Rain" by the legendary Guns N Roses. I couldn't help myself as I started to mutter out the words and crying during the entire song. Zacky kept his eyes focused on the road ahead of him the whole way until we had gotten to my driveway. I gathered everything into my purse, wiping away a few more tears that had already started to fall again. I was about to get out when I suddenly felt a pair of soft lips brush sadly against mine. It was probably going to be the last kiss that I was ever going to get. "I am so sorry." I whispered, feeling him kiss me again one more time. "Goodbye, baby." was the last thing that I heard before I closed the door and made my way inside the house.

I ran straight into my room and broke down instantly, throwing down everything that had any remnants of Zacky on it. All except for the lonely shirt that I had found lying beside my bed, it was Zacky's favorite Jack Daniel's shirt that I used to wear all the time. I picked it up as I fell onto my bed, inhaling the dull scent of his cologne that still remained. I couldn't believe that my love of my life was actually gone. It all still felt like some horrible nightmare even though it only happened a short time ago. "Sometimes I need some time all alone. Everybody needs some time, on their own. Don't you know you need some time, on your own?" I mumbled the lyrics over and over repeatedly to myself until I had eventually fallen asleep still in all of my clothes and hugging onto the shirt.

I just prayed that I would never wake up and have to face the music all over again. Because I honestly felt like ending everything, if it meant that I couldn't be with Zacky anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK GUYS SO FIRST OFF I AM SO SO SORRY THAT IT HAS TAKEN SO LONG, PLEASE DONT BE MAD! :( I don't get the privacy that I need to update from my boyfriend so I am so sorry if it seems rushed and it short :/ but I promise cross my heart the next update will be better! enjoy guys! I love you all! :)