‹ Prequel: Coming Home
Sequel: Seize the Day

Unholy Confessions

Crimson Day.

(Zacky's POV)

After I had left Marigold at home, I headed over to Jimmy's house to talk. I needed someone to trust into and I trusted him with my life. "What's up dude?" He asked as I stood in his doorframe a mess. I shrugged, sniffling. "It's over Jimmy. Mari slept with Matt. We broke up." Jimmy pulled me into his house and gave me a tight hug. I honestly felt like breaking down and crying. "Fuck I'm so sorry Zacky. Did she explain why?" I nodded. "Because she was hurt that Gena had my baby and that she was being selfish and inconsiderate about how I felt." Jimmy hestitated before speaking up. "She's nuts about you dude but that's still no reason to sleep with Matt especially. Maybe you two just need a good break from each other, not an actual break up. Because I know as well as you do that you love her to death as does she to you. Just take life by the balls man, we're becoming famous, it's time to ride into life!" I instantly smiled widely at Jimmy's words of wisdom. He was right, I had my career happening right before me and I wasn't about to let anything get in my way.

"But it just hurts so bad, I don't know if I can ever fully forgive her." Jimmy placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled. "It'll be hard but I know you can do it Z, you overcame a lot already. Maybe go and spend some time with your son, that could easily help you in the healing process." I felt a tear run down my face as I thought about seeing his cute little face again. I knew that would be the sure fire thing to help bring me back up. "Again thank you Jimmy, you're right, I'm gonna go over there in the morning and see if I can take him out for a while." Jimmy grinned and gave me a slap on the back. He truly was my best friend that I know I can always count on. "Good, now go home and get some sleep. I'll talk to you later man." I nodded, saying goodbye to him before heading out on my way.

There wasn't much else that needed to really be said, because Jimmy said everything that I needed to hear in a few short words. I just only hoped that I could over come this obstacle blocking my path to happiness.

(Marigold's POV)

The following morning I woke up still in all of my clothes and still clutching that goddamn shirt in my hands. "Hey Mari, it's Lena, wake up!" I faintly heard Lena's voice say from the other end of the door. I yawned a bit before rolling out of bed and opening the door for her. She had Starbucks and doughnuts in hand. "This is how you get over a break up? Coffee and doughnuts?" She laughed and handed me my drink. I was actually glad to see her instead of anyone else. "You need cheering up, that's why I'm here. Besides Jimmy is busy hanging out with Brian and Johnny today, they said they were going fishing or something like that." I shrugged, taking a gracious sip from my coffee and a bite from my doughnut. "Well I'm just glad you're here. It was awful Lenny I've never seen Zacky cry so bad before, I felt like I murdered someone." I could picture it all too clearly, making a tear slip down my cheek.

Lena wiped it away and hugged me. "I know it hurts babe but you'll be fine, you and Zack just need a good break from each other for a while. Trust me, it'll help the both of you figure out and learn how to deal with things." The thought of not being with Zacky already hurt me deep inside my heart since he said that it was it over, but now the reality was setting in that maybe it was time to move on for a bit and figure myself out. "You know, maybe you're right Lena. It could be benefiting for the both of us but I just want to see him so bad already, I want to tell him how sorry I am." She shook her head slightly and put a hand on my shoulder. "You need to give him his space and let him heal from this. Give it time, you have to." I sighed but agreed to it none the less. I just wanted Zacky to be ok even though I know he was probably the complete opposite of it.

"Fine, but I can't promise that I'm going to like this." Lena just smiled and gave me another hug as we sat around in my room and hung out for the rest of the day.

(Zacky's POV)

I was so happy that Gena had agreed to let me spend time with my son, I didn't know how to thank her. I decided that I was going to take him to Central Park to see the ducks. "I am sorry about what happened. I know it's not my place, but if you ever just want to come over and see him, you're always more than welcome to Zack. He's your son too." I nodded, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek before I carried little Zacky in my arms and out to the car. I buckled him into his car seat that Gena had let me borrow and made sure that I had everything ready before we left the house. I played some Metallica on the radio as we drove down to the park, singing along loudly to "One". I wanted to make sure that he knew what good music was before someone corrupts his mind into liking that horrible pop music. "See little Z, this is the music that your daddy likes and someday your going to like it too." I beamed at him from the rearview mirror, seeing a grin spread across his face. He looked more and more like me everyday, it was almost too scary.

When we finally got to the park, I loaded up the baby into his stroller and made my way over towards the huge duck pond. He laughed and giggled happily as he saw the ducks swim by and eat the pieces of crackers that I threw to them. His green eyes were big and full of joy when I picked him up and hugged him closely to me, he couldn't stop staring. "Your daddy loves you, little Z. You're my son and I promise that mommy will always be there to take care of you when I'm out away on tour. I'll always make sure to bring you back a surprise though, like a shirt or something so when you're a little older you can finally wear them." The baby just laughed and put his hands to my face, smiling as I gave him little kisses on each of his tiny fists.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey." I felt a tear escape from my eye as I started to sing to him. But before I realized exactly what I was singing, I finally noticed that it was Mari's favorite song from her childhood. She always used to call me her sunshine whenever she was feeling down or sad. I smiled down at little Zacky who just kept making baby noises. I couldn't shake the thought out of her out of my head.

I really did miss her.
♠ ♠ ♠
ONCE AGIAN! I AM SO SORRY! :( I know its been so long since I updated, it's been hard when you don't have any privacy but ok guys I swear it wont be long next time! I hope you like this update, its a filler to show how Zacky feels about his baby and about everything. I owe you guys! Promise! Enjoy! Love you all!