‹ Prequel: Coming Home
Sequel: Seize the Day

Unholy Confessions

Save Me.

(Zacky's POV)

It had been over a week since I had last seen or even talked to Marigold. We had came to a mutual agreement that we would take a break from one another and see where the relationship went from there. I spent majority of my time at band practices and hanging out with my son. Gena had invited me over for dinner a couple times and her boyfriend wasn't there which made me a bit suspicious but I shrugged it off, figuring that she probably was just being nice to me after all the shit she had put me through as well.

"Hey man, have you talked to Mari lately? Lena is really worried about her, she said she hasn't seen her in a while and that she won't return her calls." Jimmy said to me as we waited around the front of Johnny's Bar for Brian and the rest of the gang to show up. I shook my head, passing a cigarette his way. Come to think of it, I haven't talked to Matt much either, but in time I know things will heal themselves. "I haven't heard from her since we agreed to go on a break. I'm sure she's fine though." I could sense the worry coming off from Jimmy as he passed the cigarette back over to me.

I hated whenever Jimmy was worried, because that always meant that something was probably wrong. "I'll send her a text and see what's up, don't worry dude." I did my best to reassure him, he just smiled and nodded. "Thanks man." I smiled back, pulling my phone out of my pocket and texting Mari's number. It was about fifteens minutes later when I had finally gotten response back from her.

Marigold<3: I'm fine. I need a break from everyone.
Zacky<33: Well just try to at least let Lena know you're ok, please.
Marigold<3: Mmmkay.
Zacky<33: K.

I quickly showed the message to Jimmy who relaxed a bit once we noticed Brian pull up into the parking lot. We were meeting up here to discuss when another tour should be planned and when we wanted to do a few local hometown shows. Surprisingly enough once we had gotten inside and sat down at our usual table, I noticed that it was pretty empty for a Friday evening. "Alright so lets get this underway here. It's almost going to be coming close to Halloween and shit, so maybe we should do a couple shows at Chain and Showcase, anyone else agree?" Matt looked around the room but avoided making direct contact with me. We all raised our hands. "Well then, after Christmas we start the next tour. Now lets drink!" I snickered a bit at how quickly the meeting was finished after a brief five minutes, but that's usually the normal with us anyway.

(Marigold's POV)

I sat on the edge of my bed and stared off into the walls, tossing my phone in my hands until I felt a jolt, signaling that I had a text message. It was from Lena.

Lenny<3: I'm coming over to check on you, I haven't seen you in weeks. I'll be outside in 10.

Of course, I knew she would be coming over. I felt bad for not seeing anyone since me and Zacky went on a break but to be honest I haven't been myself since. I slipped back into a deep depression and I even started to take my antidepressants again. I really don't think they even work to be fair, but they do help numb the pain quite a bit when the alcohol or weed just can't do the trick. I quickly fixed up my hair and took two of my meds before I headed downstairs to meet Lena out front. I was surprised that she had actually gotten here a lot sooner then ten minutes. She hugged onto me in a tight death grip, staring at me with wide eyes. "What happened to you, Mari? Your eyes are so dull and your skin is pale! Your Mexican, your not allowed to get white!" I laughed some but frowned slightly when I looked at myself in the car window. I guess I did look like a wreck.

"I haven't been right since we went on this whole break Len. I need Zacky, I can't do it without him." Lena shook her head, putting a hand on my shoulder. "That doesn't mean that you have to not take care of yourself though. What do you think he would say if he saw you like this? And your parents, I'm sure they're worried about you too." I felt a pang of guilt strike my chest as she said those words. My parents were in fact worried about me too. My mom even tried to get me to go and see a doctor but I ultimately refused, insisting that I could handle this on my own. "You need to snap out of it and go out there and look for something to do that makes you happy. Go to the beach, go to a show, read a book, start asking around and focusing on your career. Your a journalist for Christ sake!" Every word that came out of her mouth was the entire truth. She was completely right, but at this point and time, I didn't even care.

"I know, believe me I know. But you don't understand Lena, I'm just so miserable without him. I don't know how to focus on anything. I tried going and doing those things but they just make me think about him. I hate it." I could tell by the expression on her face that what I was saying had bothered her. I was making excuses and feeling sorry for myself, but that's just how it has be, because I don't care anymore.

"Look Mari, I love you, you're my best friend, but please let me know when you're ready to stop all this and get back up and grab life by the reigns like I know you can. I gotta go see Jimmy, I'll call you later." Lena gave me a quick hug before she headed off quickly to her car, wiping away at her face as she got in. I knew I had upset her, but it was my decision and my choice to deal with things this way whether everyone else approved or not.

Besides, it didn't matter anyway, it was all going to be over soon. I wasn't going to have to deal with anymore drama, fighting, sadness, pain. I had a trick up my sleeve that no one was going to see coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty guys, I know that I promised this update would be better then the last, but my dad is sick again so ive just been all mixed up but I PROMISE the next to chapters will be amazing, mark my words! This story is ending in 3 more chapters, I'm sorry to do it to you all but it has to be done! I can assure you though, this won't be the end of Mari and Zacky's lives ;) Anyway, enjoy everyone! Love you all!