‹ Prequel: Coming Home
Sequel: Seize the Day

Unholy Confessions

I Won't See You Tonight pt.2

(Zacky's POV)

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing loudly off the hook. I glanced over at the clock to see it was only 6am. "Hello?" I answered groggily, still half asleep. I couldn't understand a word the person on the other end was saying but it sounded a lot like Lena. "Lena is this you? What's going on?" The line suddenly dropped, ending the call. I hurriedly got dressed in my clothes from last night before grabbing my keys and heading out the front door. My phone rang as I started to drive over to Marigold's house, maybe she knew what was going on. It was Jimmy. "Dude what the fuck is going on? Is everything ok?" I asked, starting to panic. I only heard faint sounds of crying and sobbing before he finally spoke up. "It's Marigold, Zacky. We're at the hospital, get here now." He immediately hung up. I felt my heart start to pound rapidly as I drove towards the hospital, running almost every red light and stop sign that I could until I had finally gotten there. I only hoped that nothing was seriously wrong.

I raced through the emergency, seeing everybody standing around outside a room, crying and hugging onto each other. Marigold's mom instantly ran over to me and told me to come sit down. "What's going on? Did something happen to Mari?" I could feel the tears start to build up in my eyes as she hesitated to tell me. I was growing more and more impatient by the moments, it was starting to drive me crazy. "What the fuck is going on?! Please, tell me!" I shouted as tears started to fall. Marigold's mom shook her head sadly, putting a hand to my face. "Zacky, I am so sorry. Marigold tried to kill herself. She's on life support." I felt my knees turn into jello as I collapsed to the ground, my heart shattering into a million pieces. There was no way that this was happening, it was impossible. I had just seen her last night, I took her home, I was holding her and telling her how much that I loved her. There was no way that this was real.

"N-N-No, that can't be right, I was just with her last night, I took her home! She was fine!" I slammed my fist into the wall beside me, not feeling any sort of pain. This was all some cruel and sick nightmare. Jimmy and Brian rushed over to us and wrapped their arms around me as I proceeded to break down in front of everyone. I screamed loudly into the sky, begging and asking God why he was doing this to me, to her. It wasn't fair. "She wrote this for you." Jimmy said shakily as he handed me a folded up piece of paper. I read it slowly, the words haunting my mind. She wasn't happy with her life. She was never happy until the day she had met me and the guys.

Dear Zacky,
I hope you someday understand why it had to be this way. I am so sorry that I'm breaking my promise to you again and leaving you, but please try to understand that I had to set me free. I know you probably think that I'm stupid for doing this but I haven't been happy for a long time. The day I first left you was the biggest mistake of my life and it has been gnawing at me since. I can't seem to let it go that I had hurt you. You and the guys made my life so much better, I honestly thank you all for that. I will always love you Zachary Baker, you are my heart and soul. Take care of yourself and of your son too, he needs you more than anything in this world Zack. I wish I could have had the chance to give you that gift, but I know that this is for the best. Don't blame yourself for this Zacky, it was my time to go. Please don't forget me, or cry while I'm away. Everything will be alright. I love you Zacky.
xo Marigold


"Zacky, you can go in and see her if you'd like to." Lena said softly to me while I hugged onto her tightly. She hugged me back as best as she could before she started to cry all over again. "Go." She said as the tears ran down her face. I walked inside the hospital room slowly, choking on my own breathing once I saw Marigold's beautiful face come into view. I couldn't breathe as I grabbed onto her cold hand and didn't feel any sort of life. Her eyes were closed as if she was in a deep sleep except she couldn't be woken up. "Marigold I'm here baby. I'm here and I'm not going to let you leave me again. Your everything that I could ever need and want, you can't leave me now. We need you, I need you. You can't go." I cried sadly to her. I didn't get a response, a movement, a sound, nothing. She just laid there, sleeping peacefully.

I suddenly looked up to the ceiling and started to pray. "God please, don't take her away from me. I had already lost her once and I can't lose her again. I love her, I need her. Don't do this to me. It's not fair that she's like this, she doesn't deserve to be like this. She can't even speak or do anything, she's just laying there, asleep. If you need someone to take, take me. I know that everyone can go on fine without me just please let Marigold live." I pleaded, hoping that somebody was listening. It was no use, she remained the same.

"I want to marry you Mari, I've been wanting to for such a long time. I don't care about the mistakes you've made because I know I've made them too. No one is perfect but I swear to God that you're the only person for me. Don't leave me baby. I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
And that dear loves is what I leave you with, a cliffhanger. I know, I know I'm sorry but I promise the next chapter will be longer and well sadly it might be the end. I appreciate everything you all have given me, the comments, the positive feedback, the support for my dad, it all means the world to me and I love you all for it! I can assure you that this isn't the end for our dear Zacky though, it's only the beginning for him. Enjoy guys!