‹ Prequel: Coming Home
Sequel: Seize the Day

Unholy Confessions

Warmness On The Soul.

(Zacky's POV)

"You know what I noticed?" Marigold asked me while playing with a couple pieces of my hair. I looked down at her and smiled curiously. "What's that?" She gave me a goofy smile before kissing the tip of my nose. "That I love you." My eyes widen slightly before I did the best thing I could think of. "I love you too." I said, kissing her deeply on the lips. We had been dating for a year already and we've been best friends since we were 14, I figured that it was the perfect time for us to make it completely official.

The many memories between Marigold and I played over in my mind constantly as I laid down in my bed. The haunting sounds of Marigold's voice and laughter echoed off of my bedroom walls, making tears start to rapidly run down my face. It had been only a day and nothing had changed. I stayed the entire day and night with her until her parents had suggested that go home and that they would call me if anything different happened. I wanted so badly to be with her, to hold her hand and let her know that I was there but I knew that her family needed their time with her as well.

I woke up to the sound of laughter coming loudly from outside of my bedroom. I got up and started to follow where it was coming from until I had ended up at the beach. The sun was high in the sky and the water was as clear as ever. I looked around carefully until I stumbled upon a beautiful face staring right at me. It was Marigold, only she was dressed in a gorgeous white laced gown with a white flower tucked behind her right ear. She looked absolutely breathtaking. "Baby, you look so beautiful." I smiled, taking her in my arms and kissing her full on the lips.

She giggled softly, putting her hand to my face. "I want you to dance with me baby. Will you?" I nodded without any hestitation as we started to dance slowly on the sand underneath the warm sun. Marigold's eyes were shining so brightly it almost made me feel like as if I could see through them like a mirror. We danced until the sun started to go down and the moon beginning to rise. "The sky is so perfect, isn't it? It's almost like a dream." I said to Marigold who just stood there quietly, looking at me. "You don't belong here Zacky, not right now at least. I promise I will be back for you when the time is right. I'll miss you Zacky." I felt her lips on mine before I could reply to what she had said. But when I opened my eyes, she was gone.


I woke up, noticing that I was still in my bed. I guess I had fallen asleep again. The sound of loud knocking came suddenly as I sat up slowly. "Zacky, it's Jimmy. We have to get over to the hospital." I heard his voice say from the otherside of the door. I changed quickly before opening it and following after him out to his car. The drive to the hospital felt like seconds until we had gotten there to Marigold's room. Her parents were standing outside, talking to the doctor before they noticed Jimmy and I standing beside them.

"I'm glad you're here Zacky. I have something we need to tell you." I felt my heart start to speed up as I turned a corner and stood face to face with Mari's mom while Jimmy had stayed behind with everyone else. "What is it?" I asked, seeing a look of grief start to overcome her face. It couldn't be good news at all. "Zacky, we had to let her go. I'm so sorry, but Marigold is about to be taken off. We wanted you to be able to say goodbye." I felt my world start to crumble and fall before my eyes. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. Unable to speak, I just nodded my head before going back over to Jimmy who looked at me in shock.

"Go to her man, she's waiting for you." He said as he choked back a sob with tears pouring from his eyes. I went inside the room for one final time, seeing Marigold's face once again sleeping peacefully. I knelt down beside her, taking her hand in mine again. I took in a deep breath before sniffling some. This was going to be the hardest thing that I've ever had to do. "Hey baby, it's me again. I wanted to tell you that I love you Marigold and that I am so thankful that you came into my life. I know this isn't the way I wanted to do this, but I'm making you my wife baby." I took out a simple diamond ring that my mom had given to me from my grandpa and slipped it on her ring finger. It fit perfectly, just like I knew it would.

"I know you came into my dream for a reason, that was your way of saying goodbye. You're right though, I know it's not the right time for me yet, but I just hope you take me back inside when it's meant to be. I love you Marigold Emily Baker, you're my only love, you're my wife. I miss you baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
I just can't even right now..I cried while writing this entire thing... I am so sorry it ended so quickly guys..but it has been a great run and a pleasure to write this story for you all. Keep your eyes peeled for the next chapter in Zacky's life. I love you all guys <3333