‹ Prequel: Coming Home
Sequel: Seize the Day

Unholy Confessions

Betrayed.

(Marigold's POV)

I still couldn't believe the low blow that Matt had pulled on me last night. It was like he was just trying to get me and Zacky to have problems while we were here. The entire time we were at dinner was a big, awkward mess. I knew that eventually I would have to tell Zacky, but for now I just wanted to sweep it under the rug and wait until we got home. I rolled over onto my side in the hotel bed, looking at the clock. It was already noon and everyone had barely gone to sleep around 4am. But for some reason I just couldn't sleep. I needed some alone time to think. I carefully got up from beside Lena and tiptoed over to the bathroom to change into some more appropriate clothes. Making sure that I had a key with me, I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. The air was hot and sticky, but the clouds hung overhead, making it a bit cooler. As I passed the guys room, I could hear the faint sound of somebody coming towards the door. I prayed it wasn't Matt or Zacky, but low and behold, it of course was Matt.

I ignored him completely, continuing on my walk despite the fact that he was now trailing behind me. I looked around at all the buildings, the lights and signs still flashing brightly to attract new customers no matter what time of the day it was. Matt was still following me though and I could feel him just staring holes into the back of my head the further that I walked away and ignored him. Only I finally had to say something once I felt him grab onto my hand. I jerked it away roughly. "Stop it, Matt. I can't fucking believe you! You told Val about the shit that you promised you would never tell anybody. I trusted you!" I yelled angrily, seeing him flinch slightly. "I told you, I love you and I won't let anyone stop me from loving you. Not Val and definitely not Zack. I wanna be with you Mari, why can't you just accept that?" He said, looking at me directly in the eyes. I looked away and snickered bitterly. "You're pathetic, you know that? I thought you were my best friend Matt, now I might lose Zacky because of the shit you pulled. I was going to tell him about us eventually when the time was right, but you had to just go and fuck me over right?" I said coldly, not feeling the least bit sorry.

Matt just looked at me, not saying anything. It aggravated me to the core, the least he could do was apologize for his actions. "I'm breaking up with Val tonight. And I didn't tell her everything, I just said that I used to like you. I know I shouldn't have said anything to her in the first place and I am sorry. I never expected her to say anything to you like that. I just want to be with you, I can give you what Zacky can't." I felt a tear start to run down my face. Enough was enough already. "Just leave me alone, please." I muttered, turning on my heels and practically running away from him.

He stood there watching me as I got further and further away. I needed to talk to Jimmy. He would know what to do. I rushed over to the room, seeing Jimmy still asleep with Lena snuggled up against him. "Jimmy, Jimmy wake up please." I shook him lightly. He stirred a bit before opening an eye and looking up at me. "What's wrong buttercup?" He yawned. I sniffled, not knowing what to exactly say. "Can we just talk please?" He immediately sat up and stretched. "Lets go outside."
We sat on a bench in front of the hotel and I suddenly began to cry loudly. Jimmy just hugged me to him and rubbed my back slowly. He knew all along that something was seriously wrong from the moment we had got here. "It's like Matt is trying to ruin my life Jim. He threatened to break up me and Zack. I don't know what to do anymore. He's messing with my mind." I sobbed. Jimmy just sighed, shaking his head. "Babe you need to talk to Zacky before he finds out the wrong way. I know him, he won't think a second thought about anything because he loves you Mari. More than you know." Jimmy always knew the right words to say no matter what the situation was. I was truly blessed to have him in my life and as one of my best friends.

"You're right. I'm gonna talk to him. Thanks Jim." I smiled, giving him a tight hug. "It's what I'm here for." He grinned, happily returning the hug as we started on our way back over to the rooms. I walked in, seeing Zacky and Brian messing with Johnny who was still passed out on the table. Lacey only laughed and watched as her boyfriend was helplessly being tortured by his bandmates. "There you are baby, I was looking for you." Zacky said once he noticed that I had walked in. I sat down on his lap and kissed his lips longingly. Just being around him instantly made me feel better about everything going on. "I was just talking with Jimbo babe. What time are you guys preforming today?" I asked while playing with a couple strands of his hair. "In about 3 hours." Brian said, tossing a cigarette over to Zacky. I looked at each of them and deeply sighed. They were so unorganized it wasn't even funny.

(Fast forward to the show Zacky's POV)

When it came time to go on, I couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy about everything still. After what Val had said, I couldn't shake the feeling that Mari was somehow hiding something from me. I knew that her and Matt had sort of a past, but she told me that it never escalated into anything else because she had always loved me. I still didn't know what to think, but I did know that everything would be said eventually.

"I love you baby. See you after the show." I said to Marigold, giving her a quick kiss on the lips. She kissed me back only with more force, like she was craving my attention. "I love you Zacky. I'll be watching you baby." I grinned at her words before heading off onto the stage. We started our set with Chapter Four, then Lips of Deceit, and finally Unholy Confessions. It was a great crowd and they the energy that we were giving to them. It definitely was one of our betters shows that we had played in a while.

I noticed Matt keeping a watchful eye on Marigold throughout the entire time though and it made me feel even more uneasy. I know that they talked and everything but something was off, definitely off.

"What is up with you dude? Is something going on between you and Marigold?" I asked Matt while he casually took a drink from his water bottle. The girls hadn't made their way backstage yet so I took it as the perfect opportunity to talk to him alone and maybe get some answers as to what was really going on. He sighed before taking another sip. "Look, I didn't want to be the one to tell you this man, but I'm so sorry. I've been sleeping with Mari for the past couple weeks."

I looked at him in complete disbelief. He couldn't be telling the truth, there was no way. Mari would never do that to me. Would she?
♠ ♠ ♠
MATT YOU SON OF A BITCH!! -.- Oh my, I really hope you guys enjoy this update. I tried to make it as exciting as possible, since it's only the beginning lovelies. I'm going to be leaving on a camping trip Thursday until Tuesday, so I probably wont be able to update until I get back, so I promise to update as much as I can before I leave! I love you guys! Enjoy! :)