‹ Prequel: Coming Home
Sequel: Seize the Day

Unholy Confessions

Until the End.

(Marigold's POV)

I spent hours, days, weeks, just lounging around in bed, moping. I hadn't talked to Zacky since the falling out in Vegas almost 3 weeks ago and it really hurt. I hung out with Lena and Lacey as much as I could but it still didn't ease the pain that I felt not having Zacky to talk to. I could only just hope that he and Matt haven't managed to kill each other yet, even though it's almost a given that Matt clearly deserves it.

(Zacky's POV)

"I can't take this shit anymore, this whole fighting shit is ridiculous. You guys were best friends, you need to fucking just man up and apologize to him already! You ruined his relationship because you want what you can't have!" I overheard Brian saying to Matt from the other room. We were finishing up our tour in Oregon and then it was back home. I hadn't talked to Matt or Marigold in almost 3 weeks. It hurt not having my girlfriend or my best friend anymore, but I know that this break was much needed. I do feel bad for not believing her though and actually believing anything that Val says, but I just don't know anymore. I smoked a cigarette, casually peering over across the hall to see Matt coming out from the lounge room. He looked at me as he walked by but didn't say anything as usual.

I knew that I needed to talk to Jimmy though, eventually. He would know what the hell is really going on. "You ready to jam dude?" Brian asked me as he came from inside the room a few seconds after Matt did. I nodded, tossing my finished cigarette into the ashtray beside me. "I talked to Matt too." I didn't want to admit to him that I had overheard exactly what he had said, so I stayed silent and waited for him to continue. "It really wasn't cool what he did. He knows he fucked up and that he just lost his best friend, but I think he really is sorry man. Maybe you could give him a holler after the show?" I really didn't feel up to it at all, I honestly didn't want to speak to him unless I really had to, but I decided to man up and agree to it anyways.

"Sure, I'll talk to him." Brian just smiled, nudging me in the arm as we gathered up our gear and got ready to head out onto the stage. I just hoped that Matt's supposed apology was actually then genuine truth and not just some bullshit excuse he made up to get me to talk to him again.

I decided to send a quick text to Marigold just to let her know that she still did exist to me, lightly smiling at the reply that she had sent me.

Marigold<33: I'm so happy to hear from you Z. I love you<3
Zackyboo<33: I love you too, Mari<3

(After the show Matt's POV)

I hurried off the stage and cleaned up as best as I could before I went to look for Zacky. As usual he was leaning against the van and smoking a cigarette. As I approached him he didn't even bother look up. I sighed. This was already going badly. Sure I had lied and I did feel bad about it, but I loved Marigold. Just one last something from her would make me feel complete. I needed anything that I could get my hands, but for now I suppose fixing my friendship should be the most important thing. "So." I began, not really knowing how to start off the conversation. He glanced up at me casually, waiting to hear what I had to say. "I'm sorry that I lied about sleeping with her, Zacky. You're my best friend and I shouldn't have done that to you." He stood up straight and tossed his cigarette to the side.

"You fucked up Matt. You made me believe your lies. I said some really mean shit to Mari because I believed you and your stupid girlfriend. You just couldn't leave it alone, could you? I know you used to like her, trust me, anyone could tell from a million miles away. But I'm sorry that she fell in love with me instead of you. There's nothing that I can do to change that. So if your truly sorry, then I want you to stay away from her. Don't talk to her, don't text her and most importantly don't go over to her house and see her. Or else I swear to God Matt I will kick your fucking ass myself and I WILL leave the band. Period." I didn't know what to say to that. He just gave me a full on lecture in less than a minute. I guess that means he is pretty dead serious.

I scratched the back of my head and just nodded slowly. "Fine I'll do whatever you want. Just don't throw away our friendship for some girl." He snickered bitterly, coming directly in my face. "If I remember correctly, you were the one that threw our friendship away the moment you lied about sleeping with my girlfriend. Grow up dude, let it go." I mentally smacked myself for the side comment I had just made, knowing damn well that he was in fact right about that.

"I'm sorry, Zacky. I never should have said that shit to you. You're right and I'm a fuckin idiot. Can you forgive me dude? I swear I won't pull this shit again." I extended out my hand to him, he shook it and then half smiled. "Just don't do this shit again. We're friends for life man. Me, you, Brian, Johnny, Jimmy, we're in this until the end. Can you handle taking on the world? So far we've made a name for ourselves, people know who we are." Zacky sounded so confident in the band it made me proud to have him be a part of it.

Because he was right, we are in this until the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty guys! This is the last update until I return home from camping! I hope you enjoy, thanks for the positive feedback! Love you all! :)