Status: UNDER CONSTRUCTION! STAY TUNED!

Arise

*** Mitten

Murder Mitten - I See Stars

With feet and hands bound, he could not run. If he shouted, no one would hear him. He was in pain, but refused to give in. Charlie would not be so easily broken, not when his wife’s life lay in the balance. When he heard the door open, he braced himself for another round of brutal questioning. Fenrir stepped out from the darkness with Bellatrix behind him. “Now, Wizard filth. Are you going to tell me who apparated from your home that night?” Fenrir questioned.
“No one was there,” Charlie responded. He had been asked this question the past three days, and each time he denied that anyone was with him that night. But the more he was asked this question. The harder it became for him to keep his composure.
“You lie,” Bellatrix spat before cursing him with the Cruciatus Curse. She held it until Fenrir asked another question.
“Was it one of your brothers?”
“No one was there,” Charlie said again, and the pain returned. It was beginning to feel like his insides were being turned into mud, and with each curse, he was growing weaker, but he would die before giving up his wife or family.
“Whoever it was, got themselves splinched when they left. From my judgement, pretty badly at that,” Fenrir spoke as he stood in front of Charlie. He watched the young man’s reaction. His saw worry flashed over his green eyes momentarily, and he spun the wedding ring on his finger. He knew something had happened when Persephone had disapparated, and he knew it was bad. Thinking about the possibility of her being alone and badly hurt terrified him, but he held onto the hope that she found Ron when she got to Paris. He was the only person he knew of who was in the area, and the only reason they might be headed there.
“No one was there.”
“You’re like a bloody broken record,” Bellatrix said before cursing him again. He let out a groan that almost came out as a scream. He was near his breaking point. Everything seemed to be getting darker, and he felt himself unable to keep his eyes open. And then everything just went black.


***

With the night beginning to diminish, and the sun threatening to rise, Ron, Draco, and Persephone sat around the small table, planning. They needed to have a plan before moving, because without a doubt every single time they moved, Voldemort would only be a step or two behind. In a matter of two days, the children of some of his most worthy Death Eaters, had turned on him, and he had never even saw it coming. "As of right now, Voldemort has to have a team of his best Death Eaters out for all of us," Persephone began. "He won't risk Draco or I getting to anyone else to warn them. He'll want to take us out first and foremost."
"So we need to move," Ron stated as he began to think quickly. "We should get Hermione, and head for the country."
Persephone shook her head. "They know where Neville is. Blaise Zabini is headed for him. We need to get an owl to him, and have them clear out before reinforcements are sent." They fell silent for a moment as they all began to try and come up with a full plan. Ron was the first to speak again.
"I'll take Draco to get Neville and the others. You go find Hermione," Ron started and then grabbed a small piece of parchment and wrote down an address before sliding it to Persephone. "Once you've found her, go to that address. If I'm not there yet, just wait. If after three days, we haven't shown, leave. Find Harry and we'll figure things out from there." Persephone nodded in agreement. She couldn't have thought of a better plan herself. Ron looked to Draco who also nodded, knowing that he had no real say in anything, but he didn't mind.
Ron and Persephone were allowing him into their world, and if it was a world that did not involve Lord Voldemort, he would do everything in his power to fight for it. "Alright, we leave in an hour," Ron announced as he scribbled down a few things on a bigger piece of parchment, then handed it to Draco. "Go down to the market and get these things for me please." Draco nodded again, then pulled his hood up before leaving the small flat.
Persephone went to her bag as Ron began to go about, packing things in a large backpack. The two were silent for several minutes before Persephone finally spoke. "What about Charlie, Ron?" He let out a sigh and felt a wave of guiltiness wash over him. He hadn't thought of Charlie when he was making a plan. They needed to find him, but how, they didn't know.
"Once we get everyone to Ireland, we'll start looking. You aren't strong enough to apparate yet, so we have to wait." A tear ran down Persephone's cheek. She couldn't stop thinking about the moment she apparated. She thought he would be seconds behind, and knowing he wasn't makes her feel beyond guilty that she hadn't just taken a few more seconds to apparate with him. She blamed herself completely for whatever could have happened to her husband, and as long as she didn't know where he was, she would carry a heavy burden.

The hour passed quickly, and before the three of them knew it, they were leaving Ron's flat, forever. "Keep as inconspicuous as possible," Ron said to Persephone as he looked into his sister-in-law's sad blue eyes. He was nervous about her going on her own, being injured and unable to apparate, but they had no other choice. Persephone hugged the pair of them and just like that they left. As she walked in the direction of the train station, she heard the crack of apparition, and knew she was now alone.
Her pace was as fast as she could go without hurting herself, or drawing attention. She went by cute bakeries and cafe's, with a variety of people sitting out front, and each time she saw a happy looking couple, her heart began to crack. Sometimes she wished her and Charlie were Muggles, and completely unaware of all the darkness. She knew that if they were just blissfully unaware of the Wizarding World, that they could live like a normal, married couple, with a nice house, and kids; have normal jobs and worry about Muggle things. And as she thought about him, she couldn't help remind herself that everything wasn't all right. Once again, tears came to her eyes, and a flood of emotions came over her. She probably looked like a lunatic as she tried to hold back hysterical cries. The tears continued to fall until she reached the train station, but she knew she had to collect herself.

An hour had passed since boarding the train, and Persephone had been mindlessly starting out the window, but when she felt eyes beginning to burn holes into her, she pulled her gaze toward the eyes. Staring back at her was a face she knew, but eyes she did not. It was Viktor Krum, the once Quidditch player and Triwizard Champion, and she knew from one glance, that he was under the Imperius Curse. His eyes were a clouded blue, appearing as though they were damaged. Once he noticed she had seen him, he stood from his seat. She did the same, and as calmly as possible walked toward the next car of the train, trying to get away from both him, and all of the Muggle bystanders. If there was going to be a fight, she would not allow innocent people to get injured in the crossfire.
The next car had less people than the once before. She entered and quickly made her way down it, trying to get to the following car quickly. That was when Viktor shot a curse at her, creating terror in the hearts of the Muggles. He missed only my a centimeter, due to the movement of the train. Persephone turned. She threw a spell, but it missed him, and they both took cover behind seats. They sent spells and curses each others way back and forth, each time unable to hit their target. The Muggles cowered on the floor, not knowing what was happening.
"You're trapped, Carrow!" Viktor called with a chuckle, thinking he had her. He rose to cast another spell, when for the first time in a duel, something happened Viktor didn't anticipate. She threw another spell at him in the split second she had, and hit her mark. His wand flew from his grasp. And when it did, she took a deep breath, and apparated.

She landed on a busy London street, and immediately fell to her knees. The fight, and apparition took everything out of her. Persephone stayed on the group for a few moments, and thankfully no one seemed to want to help her. She then pulled herself up, and began to slowly walk down the street, holding her arm. She knew where she needed to be, but now had to get there, even weaker than she was when she left Paris.
In London, the Resistance had set up a system of houses and flats for witches and wizards in need of a safe place to stay, and at the center of this system, was the old Leaky Cauldron. It had been shut down just after the war ended, and now served as somewhat of a secret meeting place, which was practically right under the Ministry's nose. At this time of day, Hermione would be found there, probably plotting for their first move against Lord Voldemort.
The location that had been compromised was a small flat near 12 Grimmauld Place, where Hermione had been living. The thing that was nagging at Persephone was how the Ministry got their information, and if the Resistance had a leak. If they had a rat, everything would come crashing down very, very soon.
When she reached the Leaky Cauldron, Persephone knocked on the door, but when she knocked, the door fell open, which it should never do. Her heart rate began to pick up, as she drew her wand and held it tight, going inside on guard. "Lumos," she spoke quietly, making the end of her wand illuminate, showing her the destroyed building. And among the rubble, lay bodies of good people, who had put their lives into the Resistance, to give the next generation a better life. As she looked around, an undisturbed piece of parchment lay on the old bar. She went over to it, and read what it said.


To the "Resistance"
This is just the beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! A new chapter! Thank you so much to everyone reading and subscribing. Leave comments and tell me what you think!