Status: UNDER CONSTRUCTION! STAY TUNED!

Arise

40 Days...

40 Days… - Blessthefall

“No…. no, Perri. This can’t be. This can’t be happening!”
“I’m so sorry, Ron.”
“No!” His fist connected with the nearest wall, and a loud cracking noise rang through the room. Persephone jumped in surprise. Ron wasn’t a violent person, and in the six years she had been with Charlie, not once did she see him behave like this. Hermione was his everything, just like Charlie was Persephone’s.
“We will find her, Ron,” she spoke softly.
“You don’t know that. For all we know her and Charlie are both dead!” Ron yelled at her. Tears almost instantly filled Persphone’s eyes and Ron regretted what he said the second he said it. Tears filled his eyes too. “I’m so sorry, Per I didn’t—”
“Don’t.” That was all she said before she rushed out of the room. Outside the door, Neville, Draco, and Luna, along with Dean and Seamus were standing there, obviously eavesdropping. She paid them no mind, and pushed her way through them, not knowing where she was going. All she knew was she needed to get away from everyone.
“Perri, where are you…” George began to ask, but the moment she pushed past him, he trailed off and he just watched her leave. He looked back down the hallway to see the group that had gathered outside of Ron’s room and sighed. The moment he approached, they dispersed like it was a complete accident that they were all just standing there. He shook his head, and then entered his brother’s room.
“Per! I’m…” Ron started only to stop when he saw his brother.
“Nope, not Perri. Just George. Sorry to disappoint.”
“No, it’s alright. What’s up, George?” He held up the letter in his hands.
“This came through the Muggle post today. Eleanor picked it up today from the mail box in town. It’s from Harry.” George said as he sat down on the bed and handed Ron the letter.
“Ron,
Thank you for the heads up. I have relocated to New Jersey to keep Teddy safe. I will stay here until I catch wind of anything. My last resort will be to meet you in Ireland.
-Harry

“At least now I don’t have to worry about that,” Ron sighed as he ran his hands over his face.
“Right on that. Now, what happened with Perri?”


***
“I think its time we have another go,” Bellatrix said as she laced her fingers in Charlie’s hair and pulled his head up roughly so he was sitting up. He was weak, and close to giving up. He had been tortured for two weeks, which felt more like forty days, and hadn’t cracked, but he knew he couldn’t fight much longer. He kept his eyes closed as he listened to the click of Bellatrix’s heels on the ground and she walked around him, stopping once she was standing directly in front of him. He knew what she was about to do, and he knew he wasn’t going to be able to stop her, and she would know everything. He spun his wedding ring in anticipation. “Legilimus!” Charlie seized in pain as Bellatrix invaded his mind.

”Do you Charles Weasley, take Persephone Carrow…” Charlie looked at Persephone with tears rimming his eyes as he smiled.
“I do.”
“Do you Persephone Carrow, take Charles Weasley…” She was already crying from happiness.
“I do.”
“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!” Charlie pulled her into his strong arms and kissed her softly, yet more passionately than ever before. She was finally his wife.

Every time their skin made contact it was like electricity shot through their bodies. Charlie’s callused fingertips gripped her delicate hips, and he pressed his thumbs into them. “Charlie,” Persephone breathed as she dug her nails into his shoulders. He connected his lips to hers and their chests pressed together.

“Something just isn’t right,” Persephone said as she began to cry. “I haven’t felt him move in months.” Charlie pulled her into his arms, and tried to calm her down.

“I know this is sudden, but I was wondering if I could take you to get a Butterbeer?”
“Why would I agree to go on a date with a compete stranger?” Persephone questioned.
“Because strangers make for the best conversations.”
“Alright, Charlie Weasley. You’re on.”

“Charlie,” Persephone said softly as she came into the bedroom. He looked away from whatever he was writing and looked at her.
“Yeah, love?”
“I’m pregnant.” He got of the bed then with a smile beginning to form. His hands wrapped around her smaller frame and he pulled her into a hug. One in which he lifted her from the ground and spun around.
“This is amazing news!”

“Charlie!”


“Stop it!” Charlie cried out, finally pushing her out of his mind.
“Well, Mr. Weasley, aren’t you just full of secrets!” Bellatrix laughed evilly.


***
Rain was pouring from the dark grey sky as Persephone lay in the field. She had been there since before the rain began, crying. She felt so numb. “Perri!” someone yelled over the sound of the rain, which almost drained out their voice completely. She didn’t move though, she stayed exactly how she was. “Per, come on it’s pouring. Let’s go inside.”
“Please leave me alone,” she responded, refusing to look at him. He dropped down to his knees, and tried to sit her up. She then began to fight against him. “I said leave me alone, Ron!” He didn’t stop though. He pulled her into his arms as she struggle against him. She hit his chest multiple times, with each hit getting softer, until she stopped fighting him, and broke down crying once again. She wrapped her arms around him, and the two just sat in the rain, both crying.
“We have to find them,” he cried to her.
“We will.”

Later that night, Ron had called a meeting. Everyone gathered in the large living room, eager to hear what he had to say. Without Harry, the resistance looked to Ron and Hermione for leadership, and trusted them with their lives. “As of a few days ago,” Ron began, “Hermione has been missing.” Slight chatter erupted among the group but died down just as quickly as it started. “My sister-in-law, Perri, went to find her, and instead found the Leaky Cauldron destroyed, and Hermione gone. A note was left on the counter. It read; To the resistance, this is just the beginning.”
The chatter erupted once more, only this time was much louder than before. Ron waited for a moment to collect himself and allow the group get whatever reactions they had to the situation out. “And two weeks before this, my brother Charlie, went missing from his home in Romania,” Ron added.
“Are we still safe?” Dean suddenly questioned.
“Is there a rat?” Seamus asked.
“As far as I know,” Ron began again, “we are safe here. Harry is aware of the situation as well. And I am working on where the Ministry got any information on us at all. The most important thing to do now though, is stay on your toes. If they know more, we could be attacked at any time.” After that, the group dispersed to go about whatever it was they were doing before the meeting, but as they did, they were all now on edge.
“Perri,” Ron said then when he saw her get up to leave. She stopped and looked at him.
“Yeah?”
“Can you do me a favor, and get George, Eleanor, Draco, and Neville and bring them to my room once everyone’s gone to bed?” She looked at him for a moment.
“Yeah, I can do that.”

When the house was silent, Persephone and the other four gathered in Ron’s room, a bit confused as to what was going on. “Ron, what are we doing in here? It’s one in the blood morning.” George questioned as he entered the room, with Eleanor tiredly trailing behind him. They both sat down on Ron’s bed, and looked as though they would pass out any moment.
“I have a plan.”
“And that plan involves us how?” Neville asked, leaning against the wall.
“I need your help. All of you are the most skilled with a wand out of everyone here,” Ron said.
“Never thought I hear someone say that about Longbottom,” Draco said with a chuckle.
“Oi, shove off, Malfoy,” Neville responded.
“Just shut up so we can all go back to sleep,” Persephone snapped.
“I want to invade the Ministry,” Ron finally said, and everyone went silent.
“So what I’m hearing is that you want to walk into probably the most dangerous building in all of London… for what reason?” George questioned.
“You think they have Hermione and Charlie there,” Persephone said. Ron nodded.
“If there is any chance that either of them is still alive, Voldemort would have brought them to the Ministry to get information,” Ron explained.
“Do you even have an idea where to start? The Ministry is massive,” said Neville.
“The Department of Mysteries,” Draco and Persephone said at the same time.
“I hate that place,” Neville scoffed, more to himself than anyone else. The Department of Mysteries was the perfect place to be interrogating two of the most wanted witches and wizards, because they wouldn’t want to cause a wave of publicity. Voldemort wanted the resistance to know they were on their tail, but he wouldn’t want all of the Wizarding world to know about it, or that they had captured Hermione Granger and Charles Weasley. They wouldn’t announce something like that until they had whom they really wanted, and that was Harry Potter.
“Perri, do think you could get a map of the department?” Ron asked.
“I can do better than that,” Draco interjected. “I worked down there all last year. I can draw you everything.” Ron nodded.
“When do we plan on actually doing this?” asked Eleanor, finally saying something.
“Three days…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes! I'm on a roll with these updates. Leave a comment telling me what you think.