The Elevator

Hour Seven

An hour past by, and no one had seen their flashing light. The two took turns shining the light into the window, and they were both getting tired. The small space felt like it was getting smaller by the minute.

“My arm hurts,” Alex cried, “This is useless.”

“It could work,” Josie said, “Someone could see it. Or, everyone has gone home and we’re stuck here for the night.”

“Maybe we could try yelling again.” he said.

“Yeah, cause that got us so far the first time.” she said.

“Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to get stuck here overnight,” he said, “At least we can sleep.”

“Tried that, and it’s not very comfortable.” she said, “Plus, the floor is disgusting.”

“Then lay on me,” he said, positioning himself on the floor, “That way, you’ll be comfy and clean.”

Alex laid out on the floor, bending his knees to fit his full body. He shoved his backpack underneath his head, using it as a pillow.

“I guess,” she said, “I’m still really tired.”

She laid on top of him, her head resting on his chest. and her arm wrapped around his waist. Her lower body was still on the ground, but she wasn't going to pass up a comfy human pillow. Alex tightened his hold on her, pulling her completely on top of him. Their lips were dangerously close, hovering over one another.

“What are you doing?” she laughed.

“You said you didn't want to be on the floor.” he said.

“I did say that.” she smiled as she laid on his chest, wrapping her legs around him.

She couldn't help but feel safe in their awkward position on the floor. Even though their bodies didn't quite fit together in the cramped space, they made it work. Josie melted onto his comfortable chest, hearing his heart beat faster every time she moved.

“I’m glad I got stuck in here with someone like you.” he said.

She peaked her head up, opening her mouth to speak. Alex took a chance, a chance that he wanted to take since he first saw her in the airport. He reached over and kissed her. She was surprised at first, her lips frozen, confused at what she was supposed to do. After realizing what was happening, Josie closed her eyes and kissed him back.

He moved his hands from the floor to her waist, pulling her in closer. He never imagined that this was going to happen.She felt his hands on the bottom of her camisole, pulling it up. She sat up, looking down at the man she once hated. She had two options-- get off of Alex, realize that this was a horrible idea, and be safe. On the other hand, she could just let go. She would let Alex ravish her, and feel good for once. It was like she had a devil on her shoulder saying, “What are you waiting for? Fuck him.” While the angel said, “What the hell are you doing? Do not fuck him.”

Josie was no devil.

“Alex,” she said, “What are we doing?”

“I.. I don’t know.” he said, “I just know that I want to do it again.”

She admitted that she too, wanted to kiss him again, but at what cost? Was she prepared to just be one of those girls Alex slept with? Did she even want more? A couple hours ago, she hated him. She looked down into Alex’s eyes and all she could see was lust.

“I want to do it again, too.” she said.

“Then what’s wrong?” he asked.

“I’m just-- I’m feeling really stressed right now. I’m vulnerable, and I need some time.” she said, “I need some time to think about my feelings.”

“What’s there to think about?” he asked, “I like you, Josie. Do you like me?”

“Yes, but--” she said.

“It’s not as complicated as you’re making it.” he said, “Let’s just, be together, you know? Enjoy each other’s company. We don’t have to have sex, or do anything you don’t want to do.”

“And what happens when we get out of here?” she asked.

“Whatever we want.” he said, “Whatever you want.”

“Right now, I want to sleep.” she said.

He laughed, “Then go to sleep.”

She laid back down on Alex’s chest, listening to the sound of his heartbeat. Her hands fell on top of his, and their fingers played with each other. He used his other hand to stroke her hair. It was silky, and his fingers laced through it perfectly. Soon after, Josie was fast asleep.

Alex began to wonder what would become of them once they escaped from the elevator. Would they pursue a relationship? She didn't seem like the type of girl to date someone she worked with. But she didn't really work there, did she? She was an unpaid intern. If they remained platonic, what would he miss out on? Would they stay friends? Would she forget he ever existed?

He was dying to know how their story would end, but was strangely content with just laying on the floor with Josie. He felt himself getting sleepy as he pressed his head against his makeshift pillow.

Being stuck in the elevator wasn't all bad, at least he had Josie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, I haven't posted in 6 months due to writers block. I'm dying to close up this story though. I hate leaving stories unfinished, you know? I'm so so so so sorry.

Alex is also getting married to Lisa which is adorable and I'm going to feel very awkward writing about a married man. Eeeek. I think I'm going to work on some original stuff for a while. I have like 5 different ideas floating around, but I can't seem to finalize any of them. You know how it is.

The last 2 chapters of this should be out tonight or tomorrow! :)