Gensokyo 20XXV: New Beginnings (AKA Apartment Gensokyo)

The Way Things Are

I still want to go outside but I think I pissed Ran off, though, because of my little adventure. Suika didn't seem mad and told them I had fun and I did. Hmmph! I just want to play outside and that isn't a lot to ask, not for me, and outside was interesting. I'm not even allowed in the hall. I never did really ask why because "That is no good, Reimu, you have to mind what Ran says." Either way, I am going outside whether she likes that or not. Of course, the others might want to go outside, too.

I do remember telling Chen what I wanted to go outside and she said, "Weimu, you know fow a fact that she isn't going to wet you outside, not aftew that one time." Sakuya yawned and said, "Yeah, especially." I was upset and asked, "So?!"

"Weww, Wan says it is to keep us safe."

"Uh-huh."

"Didn't you guys ever want to go outside ONCE?!"

"Yeah, but Ran says we have to stay inside so something bad won't happen to us."

"Yes, that is why we have to stay inside and, if we had it any othew way, then we couwd go outside. It's just the way things awe. "

"Okay, then how come you guys don't have to be on a harness like I do when Ran cooks or are allowed to do things I am not allowed to do? 'xplain that!"

"It's just the way things are."

I don't like the way things are and just because they're the way things are doesn't make 'em right! Ran is wrong and I want to go outside but she always say no. Anywho, I wanted to do what I wanted to do and I did it. Of course, I broke a window and Ran got mad. She looked at me then the window than back at me and said, "Well, this is a first and I am rather surprised that YOU broke the window this time, rather than two drunks and a meth addict or a bird." She huffed and said, "Okay, I see how this goes. You decided to raise a bit of hell by breaking a window because you wanted to go outside. I know you do but I cannot allow you all outside to play because we love you and we don't want to see something unfavorable occur. When you're older and can protect yourselves, then then, maybe, but until then, you play inside and in the hallways. About the harness, well, I put you in that because I love you and I can't having you putting your hands into hot food. "

She sent me away, saying, "And, no, I wasn't mad when you got out."
____________________
"Alright, what do you want? I don't have all day."