Gensokyo 20XXV: New Beginnings (AKA Apartment Gensokyo)

Landlady Yukari

Since I purchased the apartments with my earrings, I find myself being busier than usual, especially when dealing with tenants or trying to offer soiled doves a new life, as well as refuge, which in turn has the side-effects of taking up most of my time. Of course, I have to endure this as I am the one who chose to trade my amethyst earrings for this place. To a certain degree, I am seen as a person of high status, a person to be respected. When I enter the scene, people are quick to clear the path and drop everything. I cannot really say I am exactly proud of that, especially since madams are treated in a similar manner that I am. Honestly, I cannot seem to understand exactly what is so special about being a madam.

Every other day, I get tenants that often ask me to move in, trading whatever. Sometimes, I have to remind them of my policies in regards to trades in exchange for housing. When I am not doing anything, I am sitting in the lobby, putting my skewed white hair in a braid or checking records, smoking or adjusting my glasses in the process. Recently, I have acquired some bit of companionship in the form of a pug-PUG!-, who's taken up residence in my lobby, after I've unsuccessfully tried to be rid of it. Hopefully, Ran and Ren won't mind it, being kitsunes. At least, I have some company when I handle my landlady's business, so that does ease it up, though there is the problem of poop and pee that I gap away at every chance.

Sometimes, though, I wish it were easier but I guess I shall make do, as I am the one who traded my earrings for this place.
______________________________________
"Ran, dearest, you should rest."

"Can't, I've been up for approximately 101 hours."

"Indigo Flower, have you eaten or slept between those hours?"

"No."

"Okay, then you might want to eat first then go to bed, I'll take over things for you."

"But-"

"Now, now, time for dinner and then bedtime."