Gensokyo 20XXV: New Beginnings (AKA Apartment Gensokyo)

Contemplations II: Koishi's Death

It been a little while and Koishi still hasn't died but her injuries haven't healed. She was always curled up in the fetal position, shivering and shaking in pain. Blood still stains her sheets and blankets. By this point, I concluded there was no use in allowing her to live this way. She was in pain and I could see that but, at the same time, I didn't want to murder my sister. I couldn't do it but I didn't wish to allow her to in suffering.

After some time, Koishi weakly grabbed hold of my sleeve and, as tears were falling from her eyes, uttered, in a baby's voice, "Shister..." After about few seconds, her hand fell limp. I checked for a pulse but couldn't find one. She died. That was it, no more bleeding, no more suffering, and no more contemplation. She truly had died and this was it. I was alone now and I was at a lost for words. To a certain degree, I am happy that death had finally taken her in her pain, so I wouldn't have had to end her life myself, but, at the same time, I felt a great deal of misery towards what had occurred. As I mourned her, I felt her arms wrap around my shoulders before fading away.

Almost in a stupor, I put on a black dress, some makeup, black gloves, and a veil and proceeded to walk around the floor, informing everyone that Koishi had died. Two days later, we had her funeral and placed her cremated remains in an urn. Afterwards, I had contemplated on how long I was to remain alone, without my sister, the only thing I had left.

When Koishi had died, the contemplation on whether or not to end her life were gone but the contemplation on whether or not to continue with mine had come and remained.
_________________________________________
"What's 'hurt'?"