Gensokyo 20XXV: New Beginnings (AKA Apartment Gensokyo)

Yet so Full of Pain

I went to check on Satori, after she hasn't been seen outside of her apartment for in a while. Alas, I had found her but I had found her despondent and insane, driven mad by her own grief. Naturally, I figured a bit of company could be good for her, as she's spent most of her time alone. When she saw me, she mustered enough sanity to say, "Oh, hello, Ren, I didn't know you were visiting." With Koishi passed away, she has been nothing but alone and withdrawn, something Koishi wouldn't have wanted. In trying to reach out, I invited her over to eat with us, something she was rather shocked at but did accept.

Straightening herself up, she got out of her chair and weakly took my hand, allowing me to lead her back to our apartment. She took her seat amongst the children and quietly ate. It seemed they didn't really notice her, save Reimu, who seemed happy that she was there. Without any sort of hesitance and while holding onto the table, she made her way over to Satori, humming a little tune. The tune in question was song that isn't of any comprehensible language, something that we dubbed, "Reimu's Lullaby", and she was humming it.

When she was fairly close to Satori, she walked over a few steps, before falling over. Initially, we thought to help her up but something within us kept us restrained. With struggle, she managed to pick herself up, uttering only gibberish or something rather close to baby talk, the very language she was speaking up until she had finally regained comprehensive speech. It took us about a few minutes to realize that she was aware of Satori's abilities to read minds, so it would make sense as to why she would revert back to her primitive language. Naturally, Satori broke into tears, hurrying over towards her to cradle her in her arms. By observation, we knew Reimu merely wanted to comfort her of her grief for someone either of them missed.

If I remember, Koishi was also Reimu's playmate, someone she loved, just like she did everyone else. She may not have understood death but she did understand, to a certain degree, the pain of someone loved not being there anymore or at least seem to. Both suffering from lunacy and yet so full of pain. Life is funny that way, especially when it gives and takes away so much, bringing joy, as well as suffering within its wake. It's even funnier that when something dies, something else can to live. In this case, when Satori was driven mad by her grief, a near maddened Reimu goes to comfort her. Even though she was indeed age-regressed, some part of her from before still remained.

Later on, afterwards, Satori later overcame her grief, like Koishi will have wanted, giving her spirit the peace needed to be at ease.
_______________________________________________-
"Ah, helping Ran-mommie with her chores?"