Gensokyo 20XXV: New Beginnings (AKA Apartment Gensokyo)

Sakuya and Taddie

According to Ran, Sanae, or, as we call her,Tadpole ("Taddie" for short), was coming to stay with us because Suwako was going away for awhile and couldn't bring her with, so she left her with us and Pug (Yukari's dog, she stays upstairs sometimes). Sanae didn't really seem to care as she was very used to us and hasn't seen us in awhile. According to Suwako, she is two years old and weighs twenty pounds. She also left a list of things that she likes, doesn't like, and proper instructions on how to take care of her.

When Suwako left her with us, she didn't cry and was quiet at first but, then she laughed and ran around, wanting to play. Of course, she would run into walls and anyone she encountered. It seemed Taddie was full of energy and she didn't really seem to sit still for anything, except when watching intently at something, like Reimu or whatever was playing on television. Frankly, I don't like Taddie being here at all and she is so annoying, especially when she takes my rice crackers and eats 'em or pokes me in the eye.

One night, when Ren, Ran, Pug, and Yukari were asleep, I talked about Taddie to Chen, Maribel, Renko, Marisa, and Alice. "I want Taddie to go back to her apartment."

"Well, she can't, ze, because Suwako will be gone a long time." said Marisa, scratching at her dandelion hair

"Uh-huh, and, besides, it's fun having Tadpole around." said Maribel.

"It's not that bad having her around, it's just like a smaller Reimu." Renko said, yawning.

"And Suwako might not come back for a really long time." Alice said, falling asleep.

"Mmm, it'll be like having a little sister, even though I have more than a few." Chen said, opening her eyes for a second.

"Well, it's not!"

"Well, she has only been here for about a couple of days and we have to get used to her."

"Uh-huh, da ze..."

As I was falling asleep, Sanae, who seemed to be awake, walked over to me and kissed me on the eye. I guess living with Taddie won't be so bad after all.
________________________________________________________________________
"Not now, Remilia."

"You should really stop it with those."

"Oh no, of course not, Remilia, I want to be fancy like Yukari and fancy people smoke."