Gensokyo 20XXV: New Beginnings (AKA Apartment Gensokyo)

Yukari's Day Off

My dutiful son-in law strikes again and tells me I should rest and have a day away from work and that he'll handle it, knowing exactly what it is he is doing, after having observed what it is I do. When Ren is insistent on something, it is usually best to agree, not that there will be a problem, as he could convince even Ran to his point of view without much argument. For once, I agreed knowing he would persist if I didn't. Naturally, I didn't know how to spend this day, so I concluded on sleeping, until he came back into my room, saying, "Come on, you cannot spend most of your time asleep. Maybe interact with the children?" I shrugged but immediately figured it would make them happy, after all, I had been spending most of my time working.

I rubbed my eyes, braided my hair, threw on a dress and shawl, lumbered down the stairs, grabbed my basket of knitting supplies, and out of the door. I lumbered through the hall and into the living room. I made my way over to the couch, sat down, and found myself greeted by Sanae and Pug, the former of which promptly climbed into my lap, making herself comfortable, and the latter of which making her place at my feet. As to be expected, the children did indeed enjoy my presence, though Sanae was more inclined to follow me around.

We mostly spent the day together. Sleeping, eating, playing, laughing, watching movies, and whatever else we mostly do to pass time. After that day, I had remembered specifically to take days off from my duties.
____________________________________-
"I betcha Ran's pregnant!"

"Okay, what is it you have to bet?"

"Fish crackers."

"Okay, deal."