Gensokyo 20XXV: New Beginnings (AKA Apartment Gensokyo)

Rodenticide and Reimu: A Horrible Ordeal

To much dread, Reimu managed to get out and it was by the heavens that she didn't leave the apartment building, however, she did go somewhere and, to further upset, she had gotten into something she shouldn't, poisoning herself, as she wasn't acting quite herself and was found laying on her side, barely conscious. When we found her like that, we didn't know what to do, as that has never happened before but we knew for a fact that she wasn't going to survive if we didn't do something to purge whatever poison there was in her body and we had to act fast.

We were panicky because this was far different from the time with the flowers and said time didn't involve alarming symptoms, none like these. After we barely managed to arouse her, we had tried to get her vomit, something that couldn't be done, as we had later found out the poison managed to seep into her blood. Knowing that, we found it was beyond our control, so we took her over to Kaguya and begged her to help us. She sighed and said, "Since the poison is now in her blood, that is going to require extracting some of her blood to get it out but that won't be without losing blood, so she'll require blood to be placed into her afterwards."

For once, during a rather crucial moment, it seemed Reimu actually seemed to be afraid, to show fear, and asked, in shaking voice and as her eyes filled with tears, "Ran, am I dying?" I held her hand as a way of comforting her and she held on it so tightly. Right now this was a time of life and death and even the youngest of the children knew it. Not knowing what else to do and eliciting shock, I shouted, "Use my blood!" After almost leading to her death, I couldn't allow her to die and had to try something to save her. Kaguya's lip trembled and she said, "That may not be without killing her, as your blood is different from hers might be." I didn't care and disregarded what she said, saying, "Time is of the essence and there isn't much that can be done, as she could die en route to a hospital, which may not even know how to deal with what has happened, so why not take the risk?"

We were going back and forth, until Chen, holding out her arm, said, "Take my bwood, then, if Wan-mommie's won't wowk." Within about three, seconds, everyone held out their arms and asked for their blood to be taken, for Reimu's sake. Seeing no other way around it, she relented, extracted some of my blood, extracted some of Reimu's poisoned blood, and then transferred the blood that was to be placed into her body. Once the procedure was over, she said, "Let's leave it to fate, as there really isn't much more that can be done." As we had resigned ourselves to the possible worse, Mokou walked in, black rings under her eyes, and mentioned something about jar of rodenticide, mentioning that one of them was empty. Our eyes widened and it have become apparent that Reimu had consumed a jar of rat poison.

In hearing her, I asked her what kind to which she answered, "The one-dose kill kind. If there is more you wanna know, well, Yukari just evicted someone for that kind of rat poison and for not taking proper safety measures to prevent unfortunate things from happenin'." We became even more fearful in that Reimu had probably eaten more than enough to kill at least ten if not one hundred rats, so, even with the treatment, she could very well die. That place us at odds as to how we were going to break the news to Yukari, knowing that it would best to tell the truth, nothing else but nothing more. We brought her back to our apartment and rested her on the couch. It seems we didn't have to tell Yukari because she didn't come upstairs, only Pug did.

For over a few days, Reimu didn't awake but, through some miracle or another, pulled through. She didn't come back the same, though, she still didn't fear anything and still suffered from her mental problems. She was rather apathetic but then she slowly came back, only she seemed to have lost some of her sight, as she seemed not to be able to see very well, and suffered occasionally from seizures. According to Kaguya, she shouldn't be able to eat due to that but she could. Her recovery from the whole ordeal would be a long one but it was far better than her being dead.

In the meantime, Yukari decided to modify her policies again, especially in relation to rodenticide to prevent something like this from happening again. On the note of Kaguya, she was studying to make antidotes and medicines, something that could do good.
___________________________________
"Da ze!"