Gensokyo 20XXV: New Beginnings (AKA Apartment Gensokyo)

Outside, without being outside

For someone who sleeps and doesn't talk very often, Reimu seems to be pretty good at expressing her thoughts and, this time, she, like Porwigle and Youmu, wanted to go outside. She seemed to be rather insistent and I expected this so because she was endlessly curious, doubly so, since she her vision isn't very good. Of course, we couldn't let them outside because of the dangers and we've already had too close a call with the rat poison incident. Naturally, I started to ponder a way in which they could be let outside but at the same time be kept safe. Surely, there must be a spot in the apartment building where we can take the children to play outside.

In thinking, I realized we did have a spot somewhere on the roof, a platform of some sort, where the wall was rather high, too high for any child to attempt to climb it, and where it was rather sheltered, mesh screens, as well as protected having a chain-link fence right over the mesh screens. Surely, Ran, Winston, and Yukari won't mind and the children will have liked it. With Ducks' permission, I brought them to this area and, for once, they seemed sated, happily playing.
_____________________________________
Hmm, I wonder what sounds like that?