‹ Prequel: Our Ghost Adventures

The Adventures Continue

Hello Alabama

“The realtor warned me that Mr. and Mrs. Cassten are going to be a tough sell. They don't really want to leave their house, but they know that they need to downsize. They only want their house to go to someone that really deserves it,” Zak explained as we drove to what would hopefully be our new home.

“So what does that mean? We need to act like the perfect little Brady Bunch family?”

“No, we need to be ourselves,” he kissed the back of my hand as we pulled into the driveway with the address of 1714 Ramsey Road. The gravel driveway was rather long, and the house didn't come into view until we were right on it. The sight nearly literally took my breath away. It was beautiful.

“Zak,” I breathed. It was all brick and it looked to be a little bit of an older style, the windows were wooden framed. The front door was a double wooden door.

“This is...”

“Amazing.”

“C'mon, let's go see the inside!” he jumped out of the car and I did too. He picked Lorelei up from her baby seat in the back. I met up with him around the car and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I wrapped mine around his middle and we made our way to the door. I rang the bell and soon an older woman—a blonde in her late fifties—opened it and smiled at us.

“Hi, I'm Melody Cassten are you Adrina and Zak?”

“Yes we are, it's nice to meet you, ma'am,” Zak shook her hand first and than I did.

“Please come in, I'll show you around a bit—George,” she called behind her and soon a man with peppering dark hair walked in and nodded to us. He had square glasses with metal frames over his pale blue eyes.

“Hi, I'm George,” he greeted.

“I'm Zak and this is my wife, Adrina,” I swear Zak just liked saying wife.

“It's nice to meet you both,” we proceeded to shake hands and then they gave us the grand tour. All that I knew was that I loved the place and I would love to live here.

“Are you two interested in the house?” Melody asked us once we had made our way downstairs once more. Zak looked to me and I looked at him. I knew that he loved it too, so I nodded.

“Yeah, we are,” I told her, smiling.

“Yeah? Well, I must tell you that to George and I, this house is not just a house, it's a home—our home. The two of us have raised four kids in this house, all of which are now grown up, so we have an empty nest and...if we're going to sell it, I want to make sure that they're going to take care of the place...”

“We would love for this house to be for us, what it has been for you,” I told them, honestly. “We're expecting our second child and let's be honest, Vegas isn't the best place to raise little kids...”

“You guys are from Vegas?”

“Well that's where we live right now,” Zak told them. “She's from Ohio and I'm from Florida, originally.”

“I knew they looked familiar, Melody,” George looked to his wife. Zak and I shared a nervous look as the two continued to smile. “I guess I should probably explain.” Yes, he probably should. I was starting to get worried. “Our youngest daughter, Lena kept talking about some TV show and she mentioned Vegas and we had seen one of the box sets of your show—Ghost Adventures, with the two of you on the cover with the two other guys.”

“Oh, you were starting to worry me,” I said, relieved.

“Sorry,” Melody replied. “Since you two showed up, I was trying to think of why your names sounded familiar and you looked very familiar too.”

“Would you mind signing an autograph for Lena? She would be so happy...” George asked.

“I don't see why not,” Zak said. “That okay with you, Adri?”

“No problem,” I smiled.

“She still has one of the sets upstairs, George, if you wanna go get it,” Melody offered her husband, who nodded and headed up the steps. He came back down with the first season that I was on and Zak signed first, and then I did.

“Just curious, but does this help you guys consider allowing us to get this house?” I asked hopefully.

“We liked you guys anyway, I think our home would be in good hands with the two of you,” George smiled.

“I agree,” Melody smiled as well and I was overjoyed. We were going to be able to get our dream home!

***

“How far along are you, exactly?” Zak asked as we lay in the hotel room, his hand covering my stomach. He had pulled up my shirt to expose my nearly flat belly.

“About two months,” I told him. “What are we going to do about Ghost Adventures?”

“Don't worry about it...we're starting back up in about a month but we'll do what we did before. You'll investigate for a while, but then you'll end up sitting out with Billy and Jay so that we don't have to worry about the baby.”

I could accept that. I mean, I would have to anyway, but I guessed that would be the best case scenario anyway.

“What do you want it to be?” I asked him.

“I'll be happy no matter what,” he smoothed his hand over my stomach again and again. “I can't wait until you start showing.”

“You just want me to get fat, don't you?”

“No, I don't know...I...love seeing you with your cute little round belly and...”

It was kind of adorable the way Zak was tripping over his words. Normally, he was very well spoken and didn't even have to think about what he said. He knew exactly how to put everything...except this, apparently.

“You're adorable,” I told him, smirking.

“I'm adorable?”

“Yeah, you are,” I messed up his hair and rested my head on his shoulder.

“For the record, you're adorable too.”

“Am I?”

“Very,” he turned his head and kissed my forehead, whispering that he loved me. These were the moments that made me realize how in love with him I was. I couldn't live with out him. That month nearly killed me. I tried to hide that I was hurt by it, but it pained me each and every day to wake up to an empty bed. I had grown so used to him taking claim over the spot beside me. “Let's get some sleep, Sweetie. We need to get to work on getting our new home.” Our new home. I could not wait!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are lovely, lovely things and they give me motivation :)