‹ Prequel: Our Ghost Adventures

The Adventures Continue

U-Haul

Getting moved in was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Within six weeks, we had all of our stuff now in Alabama, Gracie, Muffin, and everything. The house had been official ours a little less than two weeks earlier and we had just needed to get everything from Vegas to Alabama. That had been the hard part. We needed two of the full sized U-Hauls and Zak didn't want me to drive by myself so he had talked Aaron and Billy into helping us move so that he and I could drive one and they could drive another. The dogs had hated the drive and so had Lorelei; it wasn't the best on me either, but I had to just get over it because I was too excited to move in to complain. This house was perfect and it was all ours.

“By the way, I expect a really big 'thank you' at the end of this,” Aaron told me as he took a box in―I wasn't allowed to carry any because Zak was afraid it would hurt the baby.

“And you'll get one, I promise.”

“No more creepy attics by myself,” he pointed at Zak as he came back to grab more boxes. The spiked haired man rose an eyebrow at me.

“He wants to be thanked, properly,” I explained.

“Too bad the viewers love it when I send Aaron places alone.”

“Why don't you send me places like that?” I asked.

“Because I don't like the idea of you not having anyone around in case you were to get hurt or possessed or something...”

“Or you're just partial to your wife,” I countered.

“Could be a little of that,” he smiled.

“You're so bias. What about all of the GAC members?” I shook my head and make the 'tsk' sound.

“Well do any of the other members of the GAC make me food or love me the way you do?”

“No...but...”

“Exactly,” he kissed me and went back to bringing boxes into the house.

“When are we going to be doing investigations again?”

“Soon, Jeff has been looking for locations and he's sent me a few that I like...”

“We'll have to get as many filmed as quickly as we can because we don't have long before I'll be showing.”

“That is very, very true,” he agreed.

“Since I can't bring any of the boxes in, I'm going to go start unpacking in the kitchen.”

“Alright, Sweetie. I better get back to unpacking before the guys come back.”

***

“There's something that I find to be super funny,” Aaron said to me as I put some of the pots and pans away.

“What's that?” I asked.

“Zak always told all of us that he would never get someone's name tattooed on him because he said, 'the probability of you being with that person forever is slim to none'.”

“I always felt the same way but like I told him, I've learned that I will always love him so I could never regret the tattoo.”

“Adri?” Zak made his way around the stairs from the living room and into the kitchen.

“Yeah?” I replied, looking up at him.

“Are you hungry?”

Thinking about it, I rested my hand on my stomach, I realized how hungry I really was. “Starved.”

“Wanna come with me to get pizza? Ariel said that she would watch Lorelei.”

“That sounds awesome, just let me go change,” I kissed his cheek and headed for the upstairs. I had a suitcase with what clothes I assumed that I would need for the next few days, just in case we didn't get everything unpacked quickly. I didn't want to have to dig through boxes and boxes before I found what I needed. I put on a tight pair of boot cut jeans and a long sleeved black shirt. It was kind of form fitting as well, but all of it was tight, but not so tight to where it was uncomfortable. I slipped on a pair of black Nike tennis shoes and made my way downstairs once more. Alabama was warm and I didn't need to worry about a coat, even though it was February.

“Ready?” he asked and I nodded. He had his car keys in his hand and led the way out to the Bentley. We only had two cars now, we had towed them both from Vegas. One was the Bentley (Zak could never let that go). And the other was one that we had gotten as a trade in, a royal blue Chevy Malibu.

If I was honest, I loved the Bentley. After seeing that car, I knew how guys could call cars sexy. The Bentley was sexy as hell and I loved riding in it, it was fast, it was gorgeous, and I knew why Zak couldn't part with it.

As I sat in the passenger seat, Zak made his way around the car and to the driver side. When he got in, he looked over at me and smirked. “What?” I asked.

“I'm just so happy we're here with this house. It's just so perfect.”

“It is. I think that things are going to be great for us now. We can raise our children in a home not infested with demons...”

“Yeah,” Zak agreed. He started the car and started down our driveway and to the main road. Once we got moving, he took my hand in his, lacing our fingers together. “Do you want to have more children?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean after we have this baby, we'll have two. Do you plan on having any more?”

“I don't know,” I admitted. “I didn't plan on having Lorelei or this baby, but I'm happy about it. I just want to let the chips fall where they will. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't.” He didn't say anything further on the topic, I guessed that he probably agreed. His thumb rubbed circles around the back of my hand for a while and I sat next to him contently as we made our way into the small town by our house. “I can't wait until investigations start back up,” I covered his hand with my other one and he looked over at me with a small grin on his face.

“I can't wait until we get back to our new home and have some alone time,” he smirked. I blushed a deep shade of red, but looked back at him anyway, still feeling kind of shy.

“Are Aaron, Ariel, and Billy staying the night or...?”

“Yeah and they're heading back to Vegas in the morning.”

“Is that going to work? I mean I really don't want them all to freak out on us every time they see us,” I gave him a nervous smile and he just shook his head.

“It'll be fine, Adri, you worry too much.”

“I do worry, it might kind of be my job.”

“No, you're job is to investigate haunted places with me and the rest of the GAC.”

“I could have two jobs.”

“I'm not letting my wife work two jobs.”

“Well too bad!”

“Adri―”

“We argue too much,” I pointed out.

“It's just bickering. It's not as bad as arguing...”

“For now...”

The rest of the drive to the pizza place was silent. We walked in together, hand in hand, and we walked up to the counter and placed our order for three large pizzas. After, we went and sat in one of the corner booths while we waited. There wasn't anything better to do, we would have just called, but we didn't have the phone number yet so this was really the only way to go.

Somehow, I knew that this was going to be the place for us. That Alabama would become our new home and it would be where we peacefully grew old and saw our children grow up. We could truly be happy here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait!!!