A Passion Crime to Take What's Mine

Our Destiny Is What We've Learned, Together Wanting Something More

Andy’s P.O.V:
The late morning light danced gracefully through the windows of our tour bus and into my bunk, waking me up as it poured into my eyes. Surrendering to wakefulness, I open my bright blue eyes to realise why I was so cold and how the light had found a way into our bunk. Ashley had gone.
Presuming Ash had gone for a shower, I jumped up from the bunk Ash and I share, grabbing a pair of my skinny jeans and a Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows (D.R.U.G.S) band tee, pulling them on to my slim body. None of the other guys were in their bunk, which is very unusual, because, if not anyone else, CC is normally in bed until late afternoon; that is why he gets called Last Place. Instead, there was a faint mumbling that rose and fell from the living area of the bus, where all the guys must be, then. Eager to see Ashley and wish him good morning, I slumped into the living area to find everyone wide awake and talking. Everyone except from Ashley was there. The bathroom door was open when I walked past so he wouldn’t have been in there; a faint level of anxiety began to rise within me.
“Guys, have any of you seen Ash this morning?” I query, hoping for someone to say they had because pretty much every time he has ever wandered off the bus without us knowing; he needed a lot of therapy afterwards.
“Yeah, he’s gone for a run or something, he said he would be back this evening… I can’t quite remember what he said he was doing for sure though…” Jake replied, his words causing my stomach to knot into a pretzel. Has Ash forgotten that today is our five year anniversary? Surely he couldn’t have… but then again, where the hell is he?
I grasp for my phone and cigarettes before mindlessly sending Ashley a message: ‘Hi, baby, happy fifth anniversary, I hope to see you tonight or something because it was awfully cold not waking up next to you this morning. I love you loads, honey, and I can’t believe we have come this far; we have been through so much and I am always beside you every step of the way. You are my all, baby, I love you x’. Waiting until this evening to see him again is going to make this the longest day of my life, but I will wait it all out, just so I can be with him at the end of the day.
Groping at my packet of cigarettes, I flip open the lid, revealing a rolled up piece of pink paper, hidden amongst the rest of my cancer sticks. Curious as to what it is, I unroll it and read “I’m going to test your memory of our very first tour; good luck x.” in Ash’ handwriting. Fuck. My memory is even worse than my lying ability.
On the other side of the paper, Ashley’s swirly handwriting read: “What toy did I have tucked up in my bed every night?” luckily for me, I didn’t have to think about that one; I knew instantly he was talking about Hello Kitty Bat. He takes her everywhere.
I dash back into the bus, and straight to our bunk. His petite Hello Kitty doll wearing a Batman top was sat at the end of our bed with a pale yellow note tucked into its top. I couldn’t help but wonder what all of this was about as I grabbed the note from the doll, scanning over the text with love filled eyes “Who took care of me when I first got back on the bus?” When he first got back on the bus? He must mean after the argument in Nebraska. And if so, the answer would be the amazing Papa Jinxx. Springing from the bunk, I hastily walk back into the living area, smiling to the guys.
“Papa Jinxx, could you possibly be ever so kind as to give me the note that will help me work out what Ashy is doing this for?” I asked in the most innocent, pleading voice I could manage, which is apparently quite tricky if you are 6 foot 3 with a deep voice; you come across more threatening than sweet. A playfully proud smile dominated Jinxx’ lips and his eyes shone the glee he held within.
“Ah, so you worked that one out… I’m not giving it up without a fight though,” damn it. Why can’t he just be nice for once? But no, instead he wants to keep me away from that note from Ashley, surely he would have learnt by now that I will never allow anything to get between us. If he wants me to fight him, then that is what I am going to have to do. I jokingly tackle him to the ground, and start searching through his jacket pockets for the note, but after sifting through each pocket to no avail, I decide to use another tactic. “Where the hell is it, Jinxx? I want to see my Ashy, so where is the note?” I whine, knowing full well that my whining and complaining drives Jinxx insane, “Please Jinxx, who knows what, would happen if I never finish these notes. Ashley would think that I can’t remember anything about us, and it would be your fault. It would be all down to you that Ashley would hate me. And how would you cope with a broken hearted Andy..? You wouldn’t. So don’t make it any worse for yourself…” I could faintly hear Jake and CC restraining a chuckle. They must have worked out what I was doing.
“Jesus, Andy, I’ve never seen anyone so stressed out over a piece of bloody paper. Take it, please; you are such a drama queen…”
“I know I am,” I chime in, taking the piece of paper off him and jumping up to read it: “I trust you are doing well with this. What is the one thing I use every day, just for you?” my mind went blank. I was unaware that he used anything every day for me. The only things he use every day is his make-up. Hair dryer and brush, and his body sprays and perfume. That’s it. His peach perfume! I didn’t know he used it every day just for me, but I knew he was aware that I loved it on him. Swiftly, I got back to our bunk to find his sprays, which he somewhat annoyingly leaves on the bed at all times. At first it was a struggle to find them, but then it became apparent he had tucked behind his pillows. A little pale green note, much similar to the two previous notes, was attached to his sweet, peach perfume with tape.
After another eight pieces of hidden paper holding cute messages and clues, I finally found the last one, which read: “ I trust you have proven yourself wrong for saying your memory is worse than your ability to lie… could you come to our park at half five? I haven’t forgotten what today is…x” We are back in my birth town, Kentucky, and the park I used to go to all of the time when I was little, is now our park, because we are the only people who ever go there; my parents have probably even forgotten about it too. It was half three now, and it takes half an hour to walk to the park, so I figure I have a good hour to get ready for my Ashley and whatever it was he is planning.
Seizing the opportunity, I jump up from my spot on the sofa, and run to the bathroom. Remembering how Ashley had to ask how to work the shower the first time, I chuckle to myself and undress, thinking about the clothes I should wear tonight to see Ash. It took a while for the shower to heat up because it’s annoying and likes to be slow, but even so, once it did warm up, I keenly hopped into the shower, and started to wash off the war paint stains which almost always mark my skin. A grey puddle forms around my feet before I can start to focus on washing my hair, which doesn’t take too long now, because it is a lot shorter than it used to be; it became matted and terrible so I started again. It’s shaved at one side, and shoulder length on the other, but the layers it holds means it gradually evens out; a bit like the style I had before. After washing my hair, and shaving, I wrapped a towel around my waist because, unlike CC, I don’t particularly like the guys to see me naked, and walked out to quickly speak to Jinxx. He was sat on his bunk, which is right below mine and Ash’.
“Jinxx, are you okay?” I knew Jinxx often looked upset when he was thinking, but sometimes he worries me a lot with it.
“Yeah, I’m fine, sorry, I was just thinking about Sammi. I can’t wait for a break on this tour to see her,” a distant smile flashed on his face as he said her name; those two are the cutest couple in the world, seriously, their wedding was so beautiful I cried!
“I know, papa Jinxx, and in 10 days we have a two week break; you will get to see her then,” I reassured him, “It’ll be good for you to see her again,”
“Yeah, it really will be. I cannot wait! And then she is coming out with us for a bit as well” a smile beamed upon his face, and it was clear just how much he loved her. A slim smile crept onto my face as I thought about how cute they were, and secretly hoped that Ashley and I are as sweet as them; if that would even be possible because they are just so freaking perfect!
Leaving Jinxx to think about Sammi, I search through my clothes, trying to find something that would be suitable for the weather, but also fitted for what now appears to be an evening outdoor date. Most of my clothes need to be washed tomorrow, so it’s left me with a very limited range; there’s no way I am wearing dirty clothes to a date with Ashley, and especially not when it’s our anniversary. Eventually, I manage to find a clean navy sweater, and some black skinny jeans; applying a fresh layer of eyeliner to define my eyes even more, I fix my hair, itching to see my Ashley. It won’t be long now; only five minutes until I can go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there, my batlings. Here is the first chapter. I don't know whether to upload the whole story today - I probably won't. I might do a chapter a day and add another story as I go. Like I said, I have a few to put up so I hope you enjoy them. Keep reading and commenting. I love you so much, thank you.
Also, here is a link to the previous story of this which I must tell you to read first; http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/536746/I-Love-You-More-Than-I-Can-Ever-Scream/