A Passion Crime to Take What's Mine

So Take Your Hand In Mine

Andy's P.O.V:

I woke up to be greeted with a tense stomach and an urge to throw up, only this time wasn't because of being ill, it was because the sight which welcomed me was my notebook lying open on Ash' bed by his pillow. My heart jumped into my my mouth, as I searched his bed with my eyes to see if Ash was there, but he wasn't. Good. Wait, is that good? He may have still seen what I had written, would he be mad? No, surely not, because there is no way he could be 100% sure it was about him. Calming myself I carefully eased my way out of bed, only to find that my legs were far too weak and I fell right through them, tumbling to the ground. groping at Jake's bed for support, I could hear a rush of foot steps heading my way,
“Andy, are you okay?” Ash all but screamed as he burst through the door, eyes wide with panic.
“I'm fine, just, can you help me up?” I mutter, and Ash swoops down, grabbing my hand and shoulder as he gently helps me up from the floor. A sweet smile was clear on his face as I got to my feet, feeling somewhat weak but feeling a bit more stable than I was last night.

Walking through the bus to the living area, I see Jake and Jinxx were already sat down watching TV. For a second I was confused as to where CC was, then remembering that he loves to sleep I figured he would still be sleeping in his bunk.
“Jake, are we performing today?” I enquire, still feeling really sick as my vision starts to bend.
“Yeah we should be... but Andy, you don't look so great. I think we will need to get you checked out...” he just about managed to reply before I bolted to the bathroom and threw up. Eyes stinging along with my throat, I sat down by the toilet waiting for my stomach to calm down. A soft knock sounded for the door, followed by the concerned voice of Ash,
“Andy, I'm taking you to hospital, you aren't well and we don't want you getting worse, It could just be a virus, but I want to get you checked out because you're looking really ill, honey,” my heart did a flip as he called me honey, and I think he must have noticed as well, because he instantly stop talking awkwardly as he opened the door. He swallowed and let his eyes dance around the room, avoiding my gaze. As he helped me to my feet, embracing my shaking body, I wished he would never have to let me go, but, of course, he did. He had to get me to hospital.

Stumbling, Ash managed to get me to the car, where Jon was waiting to take me to the hospital,
“Hey, err... Jon, can I come with you?” Ash asks and a smile formed at the corner of my lips. Ash still cares enough about me to go to hospital with me. Jon hops in the driver's seat of the car, and swiftly turns on the engine as Ash opens the back passenger door for me to get in before running over to the other side of the car and getting in the back with me. He ran his soft hand through my hair, soothing me as the car set in motion. My skin was clammy, and I was running a fever but still feeling icy inside, it felt as though I was locked in a freezer but my skin was on fire. Head screaming in pain with every movement and sound, Ash warned Jon to be quiet for me. I could feel tears of humiliation pricking at the backs of my eyes. I'm so weak, I can't even manage a simple illness without having to go to hospital. Most people would just tuck themselves up in bed and wait it out, but no, I would have to go to hospital. They are probably going to think that I am so stupid. But out of all the injuries and illnesses I have had, I have never had anything that hurt so badly to breathe. Surely that can't be good. I know I've been feeling groggy for a few days before, but this is just ridiculous; unaware of what could have brought this onset of pain, I leaned, shaking, on Ash' shoulder, and as he soothed me for the rest of the way I could feel myself losing control of my consciousness.

The bright lights were the first thing I noticed. Big bright lights in the ceiling swiftly moved past above me as the wheelchair I was sat in was pushed through endless corridors. What the hell was going on? Why was I in a wheelchair? my mind boggled until I was pulled into a small cubicle. Oh, I was at hospital. I forgot where we were going.
“Mr Biersack, we are concerned about your health so we're going to do some obs and listen to your chest and see where we go from there,” a smiling nurse told me, her brown eyes reminding me of Ash' only hers aren't as good. She seemed nice, but for some reason I felt on edge. I brushed that feeling off for something I always get when I am in hospital, although, by now, you would think I would have gotten used to them seeing the amount of time I have spent in them for various things. It would make life much easier if I lived in England, with the free health care from hospital... honest to god, I swear my biggest bills I have to pay are those from hospital. “And you two are..?” she demanded, making my head pound as she spoke.
“I'm Jon, his tour manager,” Jon spoke up
“I'm Ashley Purdy... his...err... I'm a band mate and a close person to him...” he spoke unsure, but a smile pricked at my lips just because he bothered to say the last part.
“Okay, very well,” she said sharply, reaching out for a machine and taking my blood oxygen.

Once my blood pressure, body temperature, blood oxygen and breathing rate was taken, she told me I would have to wait for a doctor to do further tests. Luckily for me, it only took an hour for the doctor to arrive, which was a pleasant surprise as they normally take a lifetime.
“Mr Biersack, I would like to have a listen to your chest and lungs, just to see how everything is going, so if you could kindly lift your top up...” she informed me, and as I looked up at her name badge I could see she was Doctor McKee. I tried to lift my shirt up, but I was too weak, and Ash had to help me. The touch of his skin on mine caused mini fireworks to explode throughout my body. I had missed his touch so much. A cold metal surface was placed on my chest and I gasp a sharp intake of breath. After a few deep breaths she was satisfied with my heart and started listening to my lungs, placing the stethoscope on my back, she made me breathe in and out very slowly and deeply several times more than I would have liked. Thoughtful grunts confirmed the thought I wished I didn't have. There was an issue with my lungs. “I would like to do a blood test and get you a cat scan, just so I can get a closer look at your lungs, Andy, if that would be okay.” I nodded my head, deep in thought. I have had blood test done before but I hate them, the thought of the needle in my skin makes me shiver, but I'd rather have the needle than have something seriously wrong with my lungs yet refuse to let them see what it was. She briskly left the cubicle, and left me with Jon and Ash.
“So...err...Ash, you're my... err.. “Close person” then?”I croak out,a faint chuckle evident in my voice.
“Err...yeah... I didn't know what to say...” trailing off at the end, I could see the blush burn a deep crimson on his face.
“Aha, it's fine. Me too” there was a long, thoughtful silence after I spoke, and the watery shine in Ash' eyes told me that he was obviously upset by his thoughts, although his faint smile told me someone was cheering him up too.

The nurse walked in with a tray containing a cannula, padding, tape, and three tubes. A small smile filled her face as she wiped the bend of my arm, and stuck the needle in. Sharply, I tense my arm before relaxing it and allowing her to take the bloods. I look down to see three tubes filled with my blood and began to feel queasy. A pad was pushed onto my arm as she removed the needle, and then the padding was taped to my arm to catch any bleeding. She offered me one last smile before walking out. Feeling tired and weak I shut my eyes allowing myself to drift off for a bit, as I know there will be a long wait until I will get the results.

“Mr Biersack, we need to take you for your CAT scan,” A vaguely familiar voice sounded, as I fought to open my eyes I saw just who it came from. The nurse who first saw me. She helped me to stand up before getting me in a wheelchair thing and leading me to the lift, and then, eventually, to this ward through endless dark corridors in the basement of the hospital. They put me in this side room with this machine which they then got me to lie on, the cold metal icy against my boiling skin. I nearly fell asleep as I lay in it for half an hour as the two plates rotated around me slowly. It wasn't long after that, and I was being wheeled back to my cubicle again, where I knew I would have a few hours before we would see the doctor again... I hate how slowly they make their around their patients.

I could tell Ash was worried because he became very reserved, even for him, but his big eyes made me want to hold him in my arms and never let him go.
“I'm going out for a bit.” Jon spoke, sounding annoyed at the wait we were having. Leaving me and Ash alone, I started to feel awkward, as if I would say the wrong thing. A faint blush crept onto my cheeks as Ashley brushed the hair out of my face, stroking my cheek with his thick thumb. Concern filled his eyes and I struggle to fight the urge to kiss him. He was stood there, so perfect, so scared, and all I wanted to do was take the pain away with my love. I let a tear slide down my cheeks, which he soon wiped away, as a doctor walked in again.
“Mr Biersack, we have the results back from the CAT scan and blood tests, we think you just have a severe case of influenza, which caused the onset of minor pneumonia. If you can take this medicine twice a day for two weeks then you are free to go,” She informed me, as a smile spread across my face. “I'd suggest not performing until the medication is over, or until you feel as though the pain has gone.” the smile immediately dropped off the face of the earth as I thought about the fans that I would be upsetting. Hopefully I could make it up to them; I hate letting them down and I have done enough time thanks to injuries and health issues. Slowly getting up, I could feel that I was still off balance, but was ready to give my legs a try as I managed a couple struggle steps before it grew easier. The doctor nodded approvingly towards me and discharged me.

Free to go, I felt Ash wrap his arm around my waist to help support me, but I couldn't help but think that it could have had another reason other than support. A weak smile embraced my face as we slowly made our way out of the hospital. When we got outside, the cool evening air blew against my face. Wait, the evening air. Shit, I've been in hospital for ages. I wonder what the guys are doing, are they going to play tonight without me? I couldn't be sure. I know they have before, when I injured myself and they had to play the set without me, Jake, Jinxx and Ash took over singing everything to make up for my absence. Jon saw us, then dashed off to get his car so he could drive up back home.
“You know, you've never hurt me... and you never could, honey.” Ash choked out, causing my heart to flip in my chest and a smile to spread even wider across my face. He did see my notebook.
“You could never hurt me either, honey, will you forgive me if I tell you I still love you?” a crimson blush started to burn into his face, making his eyes gleam with joy.
“There would be nothing to forgive,” he leaned in, kissing my nose softly. A hundred butterflies flew right through my stomach because the joy that was pulsing through my veins was to extreme.
Ash still loves me!
♠ ♠ ♠
omg one more chapter to go!