Love Hurts

Trip Over

Eva was walking home through a park. I hate my life, she thought to herself. She had her iPod earphones in both ears, listening to Escape The Fate. It calmed her down through tough times.

Tears were coming to her eyes again, making her vision blurry. Suddenly she came crashing down to the ground. Literally.

“Ow. What the fuck?” Eva wondered out loud.

She stood up and looked behind her. A boy about her age, with longish black hair with a fringe covering his eyes, he was sitting under a massive tree, his legs stretched out onto the footpath. His eyes were closed and he had earphones in.

Eva walked over him, waved her hand in front of his face. He didn't flinch. She tapped him on the shoulder.

“Gahhhhh…. What the fuck were you thinking? Are you trying to scare the crap out of me?” He yelled at her.

“No…Ummm….I’m sorry, I didn't mean to.” Eva replied.

“What do you want?” He said angrily.

“I just thought you should know it’s dangerous to have your legs out like that! I just tripped over them.” Eva replied sharply.

“That’s my problem, why?” He said rudely.

“No need to be an asshole! Sorry I wasted your time.” Eva said, walking away.

Eva kept walking down the footpath, but now she could hear footsteps behind her.