Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

10

“Her car was here, I can smell her all over,”

“Well where is she now? She is clearly not here,”

Imbeciles, I am associated with a bunch of imbeciles.

“Where the fuck is she?” I had noticed I began loosing my shit a lot faster since seeing Charlie, she was nothing but bad news to my life.

“Brian, if we knew where she was, we would be there!” Matt snapped. “Clearly she isn't effected by me, or you, none of us know what to do in this situation!”

“Well she said she was on her way to New Orleans, that's where we need to go!” Josie interferer.

I couldn't stand this conversation any longer, I began walking down the highway, trying to escape the pointless mumbling of these idiots. Who knew if she'll make it to New Orleans, or she might of found her mom and ran away with her, there were to many possibilities for us to go sit in New Orleans and wait for her to show.

Walking closer to the beach I got an odd feeling in my gut, a sort of fizzle, the hair on my arms stood straight; my legs wouldn't stop walking, it was something I had to do, like being draw by unseen force.

“Brian where are you going?” Matt's voice usually stopped whatever I was doing, but I couldn't be stopped. “Gates!” he continued to try and get my attention but my legs kept going.

“What is that in the sand?” I questioned Matt knowing he was right behind me.

“Looks like tire tracks,”

“Hers,” I informed him, not needing to investigate. I began running down the beach following the tracks Matt followed close behind.

There at the end of her tracks was her little red car, with all the doors and trunk open.

“She's not in there!” Matt spoke as we began investigating the car over. “They tracks just end, no foot prints and no other car tracks.”

A brief wind blew through flying sand into the air and probably our lungs, but it also raised something else, something I would live a hundred years and never mistake, her scent.

“No but she's close,”

----
Waking up in a place you don't recognize was nothing new to me, years of parting had prepared me for this part at least, but that was it. My cheek was pressed against whatever hard surface the floor was made of, with my hands tied behind my back and my ankles tied together.

“Don't move wolf bitch,” a deep voice echoed off the brick walls of the room I was in.

“How am I suppose to move? I'm tied up! You could at least set me up against a wall,” I yelled back into the room, not sure where the man was located in the room.

“I'm not going to do anything to make you comfortable wolf,”

“If I was a wolf I would have torn you apart by now!” I tried to wiggle myself up, but to no success.

“You have it in you, you're evil right down to you're core,” the man continued on, his voice never getting any closer, I was beginning to believe he wasn't even in the room. “I told my son not to get mixed up with your whore of a mother,”

“You're...”

“Your father's father, the one they buried in the woods, after they tortured him. You know the one to finally snap his neck was your wolf uncle.” he paused, “My boy, tortured by a pack of wolves, my sweet baby boy, the man loving enough to marry into your fucked up family, he says it was love, but I believe it was some wolfy spell your family cast on him. Then when your mother became pregnant we knew it would be too good to be true that you were a boy, even though that is what the Dr said, A boy for sure he confirmed, but no fate has a way of fucking things up, because here you are, the next female wolf!”

“I told you, I'm not a wolf!” I yelled back, trying to hold back the warm tears forming in my eyes.

“No, we made sure of that!” his laugh was more of a mad man than an actual joke, “Don't you remember?”

“Remember what? Why did you take me?” I questioned still trying to wiggle out of my ropes.

“Awe my feelings are hurt Charlotte, remember our coven, we cut you open, to examine you, find our what makes you who you are, it was almost heart breaking to hear your screams.”

“What did you do to me?” I cried to the unseen figure, tears were rolling so fast I couldn't see properly.

“We helped you, we put a muzzle on the wolf, so to speak, we did you a favor, we helped you be a normal girl, and everything was working, until they came back into town, your so called Alpha, and do you know what they did, they killed my boy for helping you!”
“Why am I here?”

“That you don't need to know, all you need to know is that they will never find you!” finally feet came in front of my face. “But before they could kill him, he called me, to let me know the spell was wearing off!”

“Where is my mom?”

“You don't need to know that either, we needed to wait, until you left Huntington! Until you were out from under the protection of those damn wolves, don't you see Charlotte, we moved our family from New Orleans to California for you, because we need to help you!”

“The only thing I need help with is getting out of here!”

“No my dear, you don't understand, we are going to fix you again, the spell is wearing off, we need to start at the beginning!”

An old mans face came into view, an ugly man, with sallow skin and dark black eyes, his teeth seemed to be sharpened into spikes.

“What are you?” I wiggled further far away from him.

“Me? Well I thought you would of known by now,” he reached out with his long hand, the ends were sharpened fingernails, “But don't worry my dear, I’m going to show you!”
-----

“So what is the plan?” Zacky asked Matt while we ran through the woods, communication in wolf form was kind of a sketchy understanding. It was like talking through a walky talky, everything broke up and only one person went through at a time.

“There is no plan until we find Charlie,” Matt can through, “That is why we are following Brian!”

Every turn we took looked the same, almost like we were going in circles, but I could still smell her, but she never got any closer, but on the bright side she never got any closer away either.

“We've been here before!” Johnny came through.

“How do you know that Johnny?” Matt snapped, he was thinking the same thing.

“ Well in case no one noticed, these are our tracks!” The snout of Johnny's wolf form pointed over at wolf tracks a few feet over.

“He's right!” Zacky informed everyone after checking the paw prints.

“We've been going to circles,”

“Well that tells us one thing,” Matt spoke going in front of Brian to assert himself again. “The witches have her! They are sending us on a wild goose chase, wasting our time!”

“What are they doing to her that they need to waste time?” Zacky asked the question we were thinking.

The only response was a howl from the chocolate colored wolf behind Matt.
----

“Now this is going to be the difficult part Charles, how are we going to make her shift? We put a spell on her to stop it!”

“Cynthia, we are going to do what we have to!” the man who claimed to be my grandfather stood over the table I was tied down to, I knew it was him even through the bright lights shinning in my eyes. “Get the saw ready, we are going to have to cut her open bit by bit until she has no choice but to shift to heal!”

“But Charles, won't they sense her?”

“Awe Cynthia, that is the best part, she hasn't declared herself to the Alpha yet, he only has marginal control over her, he would have to be close to feel her, the only one that would be able to sense her would be a mate, and she doesn't have on of those!”

Every other noise drowned under the sound of saw starting.
♠ ♠ ♠
What's going to happen now? You guess is as good as mine. Comment and let me know what you think! and also let me know rather you're a new reader or one from last year :)