Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

13

“Baby girl, wake up!” my mom's voice used to have a soothing effect on me, now panic struck the moment she came into focus.

“You? What do you want?” I began scanning my bedroom, looking for a sign of anyone else.

“What are you doing? You've never needed anyone to save you baby, save your self,” the worst part about seeing her was the love in her eyes. “ I raised you that way, to depend on yourself,”

“I think you raised me for slaughter,” I tried to get up but my legs wouldn't move.

“So I’ve made some mistakes!” She sat at the bottom of my bed, her arm slowly creeping up to touch where my leg was frozen.

“Mistakes? You let someone cut me open Abigaile,” I snapped at her, I would never call her mom again.

“I'm going to fix it Charlie, let me fix it, look!” She pointed over to the darkest corner of my bedroom, which moments ago had been empty, but now something was forming in it. “He's going to help me,”

“Charlotte!” Charles's creepy razor teeth shined fresh with blood, “You tricked me you little minx, you did have a mate, it's a wonder how that worked with minimal wolf draw,” he pulled a rusty knife out from behind his back, “But no worries, we are going to take care of that problem before we take you again,” I had already learned that it wasn't good when he smiled. “Isn't that right mutt?” Charles asked into the darkness before everything lit up and became clear, Brian was chained to my bedroom wall, his shirt missing and his mouth duct taped shut.

“NO! Leave him ALONE!” I yelled still trying to get out of bed, “HELP ME!” I screamed at Abigaile who just sat at the end of my bed staring at me.

“Help yourself, come on Charlie!” She urged, a sickening smile on her face. My eyes tore away from her as Charles started moving closer to Brian.
“LEAVE HIM ALONE!” I screamed thrashing but getting no where.

“He's nothing to you Charlie,” Abigaile continued. “He can't be your mate, you're not a wolf anymore,”

“I am!” I screamed, “I feel it!” she disappeared as Charles made his first cut on Brian, his blood began running out, too much, too fast. “NO! NO! STOP IT!” I continued yelling to the corner.

“Then use it!” She screamed into my ear, suddenly behind me.
---

I shot up in bed, my mouth still wide open in scream before I realized where I was, that it was a dream. My bedroom door flew open causing me to scream again; as the man I had been dreaming about filled the doorway.

“You're okay Charlie,” He didn't even take a moment to look at me before he was reassuring me; in seconds he was standing beside my bed.

“I had a dream...they were killing you, I couldn't help you,” I confessed, hot tears rolling down my face.

“You said it, it was a dream okay?,” he reached out to tuck the wild hair that had fallen out of my pony tail behind my ear. I sniffled trying my hardest to stop the tears. After a few moments of watching me calm down he turned his back towards the door again.

“Where are you going? I didn't mean to ask, it just came out before I could stop it.
---

Brian's POV

“Where are you going?” Charlie asked me pitifully, exhaustion was all over her face, along with the tears I already knew I never wanted to see again.
“I was going back to bed, are you going to be okay?” I questioned watching as her body stiffened and she quickly scanned the furthest corner of her bedroom; like she was checking if anyone else was in the room.

“Yeah, night,” She spoke still watching the corner.

I knew I couldn't leave her, if I did I would lay in bed the rest of the night, waiting to hear a peep from her, a movement and I would be right back in the room.

“Slide over,” I told her; to which she instantly obeyed moving over, pulling a pillow with her.
It took me a moment to lay down, an inner struggle that had nothing to do with her; I knew this was it, the turning point, if I spent a night with her I was stuck, I would never want anything else, anyone else, this would be the closing point of my feeling towards her, so far I had gotten away with telling myself it was a crush. But this would be it, I would be excepting the fact that she was it, that she would be enough.

“You don't have to,” she spoke up, she must have noticed my hesitation.

“Let's go to sleep,” I said finally getting into bed my bare chest hitting her cold sheets.

“Thank you,” she spoke from her side of the bed; rolling her back towards me.

“Stop saying that,” I said putting my arms behind my head, getting ready for sleep. There was enough space between us to parallel an eighteen wheeler but as her breathing changed proving she had fallen asleep again I couldn't remember when in the last twenty-eight years I had felt more content with my life.

---
Charlie's POV

Morning came was to fast, or at least the sun did. A heavy breath was blowing against my back when I opened my eyes, last night came back into my mind. Brian Haner, Synyster Gates, a werewolf, was in my bed, if I didn't roll over to look at him it wasn't real right? It would be just another dream I had; but to quickly my body moved without my brains approval as I rolled face to face with the rock star.

The sunlight shone on him, and it didn't make him look like an angel like it made most sleeping people look, it showed the devil in him; his wild hair shooting everywhere, his bare muscular chest showed some off some of the art that his body was covered in, he had one hand on top of the blankets displaying half of the word across his calloused fingers, a part of him that showed his dedication to the guitars for his whole life, he was way more than a guitar player; far more than a werewolf, but I didn't quite know what.

Quietly I slid out of bed, which I was sure would wake him but he never moved; he was probably exhausted from all of the things that happened yesterday.

I quickly pulled on my knee high socks, feeling the ache in every part of my body, and high tailed it out of the room before he woke up.

“HEY!” Val's high voice jumped me the second I shut my door; before she threw her arms around me.

“Hi,” I said back quietly.

“How did you sleep? Are you feeling okay?” she began examining me, looking so hard I think she made sure all of the hair on my head was accounted for.

“I'm okay,” I said to her reforming my pony tail.

“You heeled up good,” she noted looking at my bare stomach in my sports bra.

“Yeah,” I smiled at her, not sure what to say, “Come downstairs get something to eat,”

I followed her down the stairs and into the kitchen where everyone was gathered, fixing food.

“THERE SHE IS!” Zacky yelled trotting towards me a piece of toast in his hand.

“Here I am!” I tried to smile at the group, “I'm going for a run,” I informed them, ready for a fight.

“Have fun!” Matt spoke from the head of the table, a large plate of food in front of him. Everyone including me look over at him, wondering what he was up to, but no one questioned him, knowing better.

“Okay i'll be back in a bit,” I informed them slipping my sneakers on and putting my ear buds in.
---
No one's POV

“You're just letting her go?” Zacky finally questioned his alpha after Charlie shut the front door.

“She's not going anywhere, don't you remember when you first changed? You needed to be alone, come to terms with it on your own,” Matt reminded his wolf pack. “Besides Brian will know if she tries to leave, won't you Gates?” Matt knew he was lingering out in the hall way listening to the conversation about his new mate.

“Yeah, so you tell me,” He spoke walking into the kitchen, still shirtless.

“So did it happen, did you feel it? Isn't it amazing?” Johnny asked clearly speaking about his mating with Lacey.

“Sure,” Brian disappointed them all with the answer, making his way towards the coffee pot.

The front door rushed open before they could start pressing Brian for questions and quickly the kitchen doorway filled again with Joe and Josie.

“Where is she?” Josie asked, her friendship with Charlie brought them closer than a wolf pack, their friendship true, back from barbie doll days.

“She went for a run,” Matt nodded towards the patio door that led to the beach that Charlie had left from moments ago.

“I'm going to wait for her,” Josie spoke grabbing the cup of coffee out of Brian's hand, who was to tired to argue.

“We'll come with you,” Val spoke for the girls as she followed Josie to the door, knowing the guys had business to discus.

“You just let her go?” Joe asked panic in his voice.

“Yes, I did, Joe you are not questioning me are you?”

“Fuck yes I am!” He slammed his hands down on the table, “People are after her,”

“And we know right where she is now, thanks to Gates,” he nodded over at the guitarist fixing another cup of coffee.

“So it's true? She's your mate?” Joe questioned.

“If that is what you call it,” He answered back, never looking away from the counter.

“You guys don't get it, she's not some wolf pack member to me, she's not some mate to my pack, she is my niece; my blood, I love her more than I ever thought possible, in the true way, the real way; the day she was born and her big green eyes met mine, and we almost lost her,” he began trailing off, remembering what could of happened yesterday.

“But it didn't, and we are going to make sure it doesn't happen again.

---
Charlie's POV

I ran until my legs burned, until the place where my shorts rubbed against my skin screamed for help.

“You can't outrun it,” Jack popped up beside me on the beach in his running clothes.

“What?” I breathed heavy, stopping and putting my hands on my thighs.

“You can't out run the pack, or the fact that you are a wolf,” he assured me.

“I'm not trying to, I'm just clearing my mind,” I informed him, trying to convince myself.

“I tried the same thing, but after a few years it became logical, give it time,”

“Years?” I questioned, half laughing half serious.

“Yeah, I had something to wish for,”

“Whats that?” I questioned “You're mate? Ever lasting fake happiness with someone that an unknown force has chosen for you?”

“When you put it that way love, I'm glad my wish for you didn’t' come true,” he smiled at me before taking off running, “Come on we've got work,”
♠ ♠ ♠
We've got 20 comments (Thank you to everyone!) Can we make it to 25 before I update again?!