Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

14

Brian's POV

“Yeah I'll be there!” Charlie whispered like she wasn't in a house full of werewolves. She had been avoiding me ever since the night I came into her room after her nightmare; she'd been avoiding us all. She woke up everyday, went on a run, went to work and was in her room the rest of the time. I would like to say that it didn't effect me, but if I went a few hours without seeing her it was like I started to get anxious, even if through our bond I could tell if she was close or not.

“What is she talking about?” Matt asked, from the head of the table. It seemed I wasn't the only one ease dropping on Charlie.

“A party tonight!” Johnny said coming down the stairs, “I could hear the chick on the other end of the phone,” he beamed proud of himself.

“Busted!” Zacky yelled out shooting his fist in the air, “Are we going to let her know we know, or wait till she tries to leave?”

“We are going to let her go,” Matt surprised us all, even her uncle, “you know she can't go without getting herself in trouble, let her continue to crash and burn, paying the consequences until she realizes her mistakes.” he seemed proud of himself.

“I've been watching her crash and burn for eighteen years, she hasn't learned her lesson yet,” Joe informed Matt, grinding his teeth.

“Are you trying to argue with me Joe? You know it doesn't work,” Matt only smirked back at his fellow wolf. “Besides, I don't think the witches spell worked, she's changing.”

My heart began beating ten miles to fast, “What? What do you mean she's changing?” I fought the urge to stand.

“I mean, she does little things, things so small you wouldn't notice she does unless you were paying attention.” Matt spoke to us all, “ She listens to small things, when she's not paying attention, I've been testing her more everyday, at work one day I told her to stop and count to five, something she would never do, and she stopped, she only counted to four before moving again, but you could tell she was fighting it. The other day I told her to stop breathing and she did, she was almost blue before she corrected herself,” Matt smirked proud of himself. “So I began doing some research, asking the other packs if they knew anything that could be effecting her, and I didn't get anything back but a theory, but I’m starting to believe it, I think the more she's around us, the more the wolf tries to dominate.”
“Yeah!” Zacky agreed, “Brian feels it, so how do we know she doesn't? Maybe she just won't admit it!”

“She had never started to have any signs of a werewolf until you all came back into town and slowly she started changing, maybe..”

“What are you all having some were meeting? Don't you have anything better to talk about than me?” Charlie had snuck up on us all, her face red in aggravation.

“Example one!” Matt continued to wear the smirk, it couldn't mean anything good. “Charlie!” he spoke as seriously as I’d heard him in a while, staring her straight in the eyes. “Forget about what you just heard,” she didn't reply just kept staring him down. “ And back out of this room, NOW!” he yelled, using a push he would of never used on us, he never persuaded us to do anything.

But low and behold, she backed slowly out of the room.

“Told you!” he continued, “CHARLIE!” he yelled, knowing she was out in the hallway.

“What?” she asked coming back into the kitchen, pulling her hair into a pony tail.

“What were we just talking about?” Matt questioned her calmly.

“Who? I haven't seen you all day,” She screwed her face up before walking out the kitchen door onto the beach.
----

Charlie's POV

“So wolife, how's it going?” Josie nudged me at the bonfire that night, taking a seat beside me.

“It's going,” I smiled over at her, passing her the bottle that had just been handed to me.

“How did you bust out?” She questioned after taking a swig and passing it.

“I walked out the door?”

“So Brian?” She continued on with her questions.

“What about him?” I tried to play stupid, neither he or I had acknowledge the fact he had stayed with me that night, we hadn't even spoken.

“Um, he's your mate?” She leaned in closer so no one over heard us.

“I know you want some juicy drama, but there is nothing to tell,” I spoke back to her, feeling the anger rise in my body, even though I wasn't sure what I was mad at. “Just fucking drop it!” I sneered at her! I had broken out in a sweat, even though moments ago the part of my body away from the fire had been cold. “I need everyone to stop!” I continued on! “I don't know what is going on between me and Brian because we don't speak! I don't know what it feels like to be his mate because I’ve never been one before, and least of all, I'm not a wolf remember!” I just about screamed the last part; the whole group on the beach looked my way. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT!” I yelled at all of them, standing up.

“Come with me!” Jack yelled popping up from behind me, pulling me away from the fire. “What the hell are you doing Char! You can't be yelling that shit!” I wasn't mad anymore, I was furious, every nerve in my body was on fire, I couldn't count my heart beats anymore if I had too,

“You need to back off!” I pushed his chest trying to get him away from me, from fear of over heating.

He ignored my shove as he put one hand on each side of my face “You need to calm down Charlie,” he tried to smile, which only made me worse, I had to grit my teeth to keep from screaming. “Charlie, listen to me, calm down, why are you mad? Try and remember!” he kept his hands on my face.

“I'm mad because everyone is asking questions, expecting things from me I can't provide,”

“Okay, and is that a reason to be this mad?” He asked, “Breath, Charlie, come on,” he spoke dramatically breathing in and out.

I felt ridiculous as my breathing started mimicking mine, finally I began cooling off.

“I'm sorry, I don't know what happened,” I must have dropped ten degrees in the last thirty seconds.

“Don't be,” he smiled finally letting go of my face, “When I first started changing I would do the same thing, anything set me off,” he plopped down on the sand beside where I stood.

“I'm not a wolf though,” I sat down on the sand too.

“That's what everyone is telling you, but trust me, that little display proves you totally are, you must have been 110 degrees just then, seriously,” he looked over at me.
“I've got to say sorry to Josie,” I leaned my head on his shoulder, a scent of wild and dish soap filled my brain, a distinct Jack smell .

“No you don't, when she started changing she tried to burn down her house when she got mad at her parents.” he laughed.

“I remember that!” I laughed, “She said her candle tipped over!”

“Lets get back for the party!” he stood up pulling me up with him.

We finally made it over to the fire, only in time for everyone to begin running in every other direction.

“Oh shit!” Jack yelled dragging me behind him, even though I wasn't sure what we were running from, until I notices the flashed of red and blue reflecting off the ocean.

“FREEZE POLICE!”

----
Brian's POV
“Brian, the phone is for you!” Joe laughed handing me his ringing cell phone with a number I didn't recognize.

I squinted at him “Hello?” I spoke into the telephone.

“Huntington Police, will you except this call from... Uncle Joe isn't me,”

“Yes!” I gritted my teeth as everyone else in the room busted out laughing.

“Uncle Joe?” Charlie questioned when the phone call went through.

“No,” I spoke through my teeth.

“It wasn't my fault I ….”

“Save it, I'll be there in a minute!” I hung up the phone on her before I could hear her excuse and immediately forgive her.

“I could get used to this whole Charlie and Brian mated thing!” Joe laughed even harder.

“At least your life will never be boring!” Zacky slapped my back as I chugged the last of my beer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still aiming for 25 comments! Who can help me!! Let me know what you think! Are you loving it? Hating it? Have any good ideas? Fill me in!
---Mollie