Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

16

I tried to stay upstairs all day but eventually my stomach won the fight over my brain and stubbornness. I knew Brian was back, and he was upset about something. It was almost an overpowering sensation having another person's emotions in your mind, it was something I didn't really understand but I knew whatever strong emotion he had, when he was hungry, happy, sad, pissed, all of it. Everyday I spent in the house the more I became in tune with Brian; only him. I felt nothing in the way of the other guys or their wives, but sometimes Brian's were so strong they almost became my emotions, I could feel pains he felt too, but it was more of an ache I was aware of then pain. My hands ached after he would bleed playing his guitar, I knew when the guys would play fight and he got hurt it would be a dull throb inside me too. It was just strange.
As I got to the bottom step the one guy stuck in my mind came into sight.

“Come with me,” he didn't wait for response just walked off expecting me to follow.

“Um, I don't think so!” I tried to snap but really didn't have the energy to fight I was so hungry.

He quickly turned back towards me.
“Please, you're starving us,” he said through gritted teeth like it was the hardest word for him to say.

“Fine,” I blurted out, the thought of food could of convinced me to do just about anything.

When we got out to the driveway I followed behind him to a lifted black truck at the end of the drive to which he clicked the key, unlocking the door.

“Damn this makes my car look like a tonka toy!” I said more to myself then him;stepping up onto the lift by the door so I could get in.

“Yeah,” was the only thing he muttered in response, putting the key into the ignition while I buckled up. A guitar solo came loudly through the speakers before he turned it down. “What do you want to eat?”

“Chickfila,” I informed him without thought

“That was easy,” he looked at me smoothing his facial features together. “Usually chicks say I don't know till you want to strangle them,” he laughed to himself putting the car into reverse.

“Well I'm not just some chick,” I smiled over at him. “I'm a chickfila loving chick!” reached out for his radio fiddling with it till I found something I liked.

“I'm starting to realize that,” he muttered.

After a few awkward moments of not speaking I finally opened my mouth.

“How did you know I was hungry?” I was pretty sure I knew the answer but I had to hear it for myself.

“I could feel it, and I was hungry too so it was like a hunger overload in my mind,”

“You feel stuff like that too?” I blurted.

“Do you feel stuff like that?” he quickly looked over at me before bringing his eyes back out to the road.

“Sometimes, when I'm not thinking about anything at all,”

“Oh,” he began tapping his hands against the steering wheel.

Our heart beats matched, I could hear his clear as day, I could feel mine; over the music,over everything, this was the closest we'd been since the night he stayed in my room and we were completely alone.

“If I died of starvation would you die too?” I continued asking questions, I should of felt embarrassed but around him at the moment I was at complete zen.

“Not of starvation. When one of the mates die, the other eventually dies of heartache.” he didn't look over at me this time.

“When I don't see you for a while I start to feel sick,” I confessed, not sure what I was doing.

“I know,”

“I didn't feel any of that until I shifted that day,” It was only a few months ago but it felt like yesterday, the smell of blood still followed me around everyday.

“We mated,” he informed me pulling up to the stop light and finally brought his deep brown eyes to meet my green ones for longer than a second.

“How does that even happen? How did we mate we weren't in the same place,”

“You don't need to see each other to mate Charlie,” he looked up to the light which was still red before continuing, “It usually happens early in your wolf life, usually males shift younger than females, and when the female mate finally shifts your wolf self senses it, remembers that smell and only that smell, that is the mating part, if they are twenty miles away when it happens the male wolf will go until they find them, it could be days away and they will keep going until they get to them, no matter what form the female is in when you get there, if you make it,”

“Can you feel me that far away?” I asked in a whisper.

“I feel you everywhere,” he replied in the same whisper.

“Why don't I feel that way too?” I pulled my hair out of it's tight pony tail looking out the passenger’s window feeling my eyes collect moisture.

“I don't know, do you feel anything?”
“I know where you are, but only when your in the house, or outside the house,”

“I don't know Char,” I had always hated when people said Char, now it was my new favorite.

We didn't say anything else on the drive to the restaurant, we spent the rest of the time avoiding eye contact.

“How is it decided who is mated to who?” I said quietly when he sat across from me in the booth with our food.

He began clearing off our tray, taking his time to answer the question.

“Our wolf decides, it's like the soul.”

“So basically you're my spirit animal?” I tried to lighten the mood, but it in the long run, we were two people who barley knew each other in a fight against witches to get me to shift into a werewolf so we could be together.

“I think the wolf is your spirit animal,”

“I always thought it was Betty White,” I smirked taking a drink.

“We are going to figure this all out,”

“So can I do whatever I want to you and you'll forgive me?” I questioned.

“Don't push it,” he finally smiled back for the first time in a few days, “ It doesn't work that way,”

“I don't understand how it works at all,” I confessed.

“I didn't until a few months ago,”

After we ate we went back to the house, I finally felt better that my stomach wasn't eating my spine any longer.

“My love!” Zacky yelled as we walked into the house, earning a smile from me and what I thought was a small growl from Brian.

“Nice to see you two not a each others throat!” Matt smiled at us from the head of the table.

“They might have been necking tho,” Zacky added. “I think the fighting is foreplay,” that earned him a smack in the back of the head by my Uncle Joe.

My phone vibrated in my pocket while Brian walked over to the table to sit with the guys. I noticed while watching him that Josie also looked down at her phone.

You two, woods now!

It came from an unknown number once again, but it was a group message to the both of us.

Josie looked over at me from the table, her eyes as large as saucers.

“I have my period,” I blurted out to the room of guys, giving Josie a look to play along.

“I'll help,” Josie added standing up following me out of the room with no comment from the guys.

I went out the back door as quietly as I could and I felt her follow me, we didn't say a word until we were sure we were out of ear shot.

“Who is it going to be, we should of told them!” Josie snapped following into step with me, “Why do they want me and you?”

“Hopefully it's my mom,” I hadn't giving up on her yet there had to be some reason that she was doing this. “We need to run, Brian will feel me leave,”

“If we die I'm going to be pissed, and the guys will never find our bodies,” Josie began running as I followed.

“Brian will find me,” I looked over at my best friend realizing something for the first time, “You don't have a mate?”

“I guess not, or he didn't find me,” her face fell.

“Thank you girls for coming so quickly!” ice hit my spine as the form came into light under the full moon.
“Zelena?” I questioned as the one eyed witch came into view.

“You text us? How did you get our numbers?” Josie asked.

“I am a witch girl! And you ask how I can get phone numbers?” if she had two eye I was sure they would of rolled.

“What did you want?” I still was creeped out knowing that Charles was watching me and we were out in the woods at night alone, with a witch.

“I needed to warn you two, traitors are closer than you think,” she said cryptically. “You two are in danger, everything you know, have felt for your fellow shifters is chemical, you two are real true friendship.” she stopped like she was listening closely in the woods, “He's close,”

“CHARLIE!” I felt and hear Brian get closer.

“Your son will be the next alpha and he knows it, the child will put an end to it all, the power of the witches, protect yourselves,” she began backing up towards the darkness of the forest, “He will use your friendship against you, you both are in danger, when the time is right, when you need too most you will shift again, and then the fight starts, find your mother, she has the answers!” with a crack of a branch she disappeared and a calloused hand wrapped around the back of my arm.

“What are you two doing out here?” the whole group was behind Brian.

“Discussing Christmas presents,” Josie snapped quickly.

“It's July,” Matt was calling bullshit.

“A girl has got to plan,” Val's voice jumped both of us. “Lets get going it's creepy out here,” she turned leading us all to the house as we were let off the hook, for now!

“We'll talk about this later,” Brian growled through gritted teeth. I felt the familiar anger on his end of our bond.

We almost made it a day without fighting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time no see! I'm back, I kind of forgot about this story! Oopsie! comment and let me know what you think!