Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

17

I went back to working at uncle Joe's restaurant which was a blessing in disguise, the guys usually never went there anymore during the day and Uncle Joe was there less and less, it had become Josie and I little study session trying to figure out what the witch in the woods had been talking about and find my mom, so far we had nothing.

“She couldn't of just disappeared off the face of the earth,” Josie said in frustration at her “friend” Kevin who she had had a crush on for most of our life. Now that I knew about the werewolf side of her I knew why she never went for it, a mate could show up and she would leave him in the dust.

“I've looked in ever data base I could think of, she's not using her name or her credit cards anywhere, there had been no withdraws from her account in any banks. Nothing in your dad's name either,” he confirmed knowing that was going to be our next question. “If they are running, they really don't want to be found,”

“I guess not,” I said disappointed, Zelena said that my mom had the answers, so how were we supposed to get them without her; last I knew she was with Charles. Charles!! “What about Charles? Try my dad's dad, Charles,” I mentioned to Kevin, who started furiously typing away onto his lab top.

“What are you guys up to?” Matt's voice jumped us all and Kevin quickly slammed his computer shut.

“Nothing,” I turned towards his voice only to see everyone was there with him.

“Where is your section?” Matt questioned with a look of disbelief on his face.

“I'm done for the day,” I jumped down off the bar stool. “I'm just going to bring Kevin home then go for a run,” I informed the alpha as I grabbed Kevin's arm. “See you later Josie,” As my hand touched Kevin's arm I felt my blood rush in a strange way, anger flooded my emotions. Brian. I looked over to meet the chocolate colored eyes and instantly wished I hadn't, his face look like it was distorted between pain and a sneer. I continued dragging Kevin with me towards the parking lot hoping to get away from the emotions running through me that were not my own.

Finally as fresh beach air hit my face they let go a little bit but they didn't let go completely.

“So you're going to look under Charles? And let me know if you find anything?” I began walking over towards where our cars were, Kevin didn't need a ride I just needed an excuse to get out of there.

“Yeah, and I'll let you know if I find...” he stopped and looked over towards where we were parked.

Everyone of my car doors were open and the front windshield was shattered, the sun light was reflecting on all the glass on the ground around my car.

“What the hell?” Panic ran through my body and before I knew what happened Brian's indescribable scent was filling my brain.

“Are you okay?” He asked when he got beside me looking at my car as well.

“Is that a note on the hood?” Matt questioned moving towards my little red car.

“What happened?” Aunt Rachel asked coming out into the parking lot, “Were you in an accident Charlie?” she stood beside me running her hands over my head and down the length of my hair.

“No, I've been here all day,”

“Explain!!” Matt snapped coming over towards us holding the note out to me.

'Stop looking for me,'; was all the note said, but I would know the writing anywhere, it was my mom's. Wherever she was she was alive, I quickly looked over to Kevin and Josie who were standing beside each other, Kevin gripped his lab top tighter when Matt looked him over.

“Go home Kevin,” Uncle Joe snapped towards the human boy, knowing shit was about to get real.

“Bye Charlie, bye Josie!” he spit out quickly jumping into his jeep and taking off in a flash.

“Well,” he asked me again.

“I don't know what that means,” I took a breath, it had really started to effect me more and more to ignore Matt's orders, I felt my body raise a few degrees and I knew it wasn't the California sun that was causing it.

“Josie?” he looked over towards here and quickly her mouth flew open, unlike me she couldn't ignore him at all if he pushed the subject.

“We are trying to find some good witches to help us,” I tried to lie not sure why that idea had come to mind.

“That's bullshit Charlotte!” Uncle Joe snapped, “That is your mother's writing, why are you trying to find her?” he reached out and put his heavy hands on my shoulders like he was going to shake me and a small tinge of fear took over.

“Keep your hands off her,” Brian barked at my uncle.

“Oh really Haner, you're going to do this?”he turned towards the guitarist. “I'm her uncle get the fuck over it,”

The more they fought among themselves the less they questioned me.

“Brian bring Charlie home,” Matt interrupted the argument, “ Joe help me search the woods, whoever did this couldn't of gotten far,”

Brian and Zacky began walking towards his truck without looking in my direction, it was going to be a long drive.

When I finally got into the truck my phone vibrated my pocket, I made sure Brian was still talking to Zach down on the ground before pulling it out.

Find out about Alphas

The text was from Josie, we realized we had no clue about how Alpha's came to be, neither of us or Jack, so it was up to me to find out, from the one person that found it hard to ignore my requests.

“Why are you trying to find her?” Brian asked in a calm voice; I knew he was putting on for show, I could feel his wrath inside me.

“I'm not,” I lied, feeling the moisture in my mouth disappear, it was getting harder and harder to do that. “How do people become Alpha's?” I tried to change to subject.

“What?” He questioned as his truck roared to life, his signature loud music filled the whole cab of the truck before I could turn it down.

“How do people become Alphas? What if something happens to Matt who becomes Alpha then?” I looked towards Brian, everyday he became better looking which was really saying something because he was good looking since day one.

“They are made,” he paused to quickly look over at me “it has to be someone with the gift from both sides,”

“A gift from both sides?” I asked back still not understanding.

“Yes, Matt got the shifting trait from both his mother and his father,”

“Wouldn't we all pass on the shifting?”

“No, every family passes it on differently, my family passes it on to every male so the females in our family are only carriers. We pass it on but it doesn't become active until a male.” he tried to explain.

“So if you have a son, you pass it, if you have a daughter it doesn't?”

“Yeah, if I have a daughter who has a son, it will be a werewolf but the daughter never will.”

“So my mom was just a carrier, it wasn't active until me,”

“Right, so Matt's dad passed it on to every male like my family does, but his mom passed it to every other generation, which Matt also happened to be, so he got the active gene twice, so he's alpha.”

“So if that is true are there multiple Alphas at once, how does it only happen to one person?” we had pulled into our driveway but neither of us got out.

“It goes by age, Matt was born first in our generation,”

“What if something happens to Matt?”

“Then I'm alpha,” he looked upset by that statement, “I have double gifts too, my mom passes onto the first born of every generation and I'm male so I got it twice,”
I finally understood.
What the witch was talking about became clear in my head.

“So in my family I pass it onto the next boy,” I took a breath, “Our family does a pattern Uncle Joe said,”

“Yes,”

“So..if we,”

“when me and you have a child, and it's a son, it will be double gifted, passed on to a son from both sides,”
“What if someone has one before us?”
“In this generation no one is up to pass it on but us, Zacky and Gena both skip a generation, Val is up to pass it to a girl, which Matt doesn't pass too, and Johnny and Lacey can't have children.”
“What about uncle Joe and Aunt Rachel?”
“You were the next generation in your family, if he has a child it will still count as your generation.”
“So if we had a daughter?” I asked, it should be weird talking to someone you weren't even dating about having children together, and the way we were speaking it wasn't if, it was when.
“Then Matt will remain Alpha until all of our children have children and make an Alpha.”

“That is confusing,” I finally unbuckled.

“If it was easy then the humans would of figured us out by now,” he smiled over at me, and my heart began tapping to his own heart beat again. “ I need you to stop looking for her,” he grabbed my hand as I tried to hop out of the truck, causing an electric shock.

I didn't say anything for a while I just stared into his eyes, almost hypnotized I should tell him about the witches, I should tell him everything. “You're really beautiful,” I didn't know why I said that but I didn't regret it either. “I've got to go,” I pulled my hand out of his and took off before he could stop me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can we get three comments before I update again? Really enjoying being back to this story! Let me know what you think so far and what you think should happen.