Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

20

The moment Josie hung up the phone it started to pour rain.

“Fantastic,” I muttered sitting against a tree trunk staring over at the hole containing the bodies.

“They will be here soon, so we should spend our last few moments on earth figuring this out,” Josie sat down beside me, we were already drenched from the rain.

“We need to get to New Orleans,” I heard the monotone in my voice as I spoke, “Everything leads back to there,”

“Charlie, what about if these are your parents?” she nodded her head over towards the hole.

“It can't be, we dug up my dad a few minutes ago, remember he was in twenty thousand pieces,” I pushed the soaking wet hair that was stuck down to my scalp out of my eyes, with the hand that didn't have the pictures from the grave in it.“I've seen my mom,” I paused, “Those are old bones,”

“If there is one thing I know, it's that there is NO way we are going to get out of California, you didn't hear Matt,” her voice cracked like it was in pain, and I felt my nerves raise at the thought of the coming storm that was Matthew Sanders.

“We'll probably end up in the grave yard too,” my blood started to pump faster as we heard tree twigs start to crack.

“There they are,” she stood up and looked towards the woods.

“How did they find us so fast?” I questioned, but never got an answer as the group came out into the clearing of the field, soaked as well; most of the girls were with them as well as Nanny and Poppa following behind them.

Out of habit we both began to explain ourselves when the guys got in ear shot.

“Both of you save it, don't speak!” Matt growled through gritted teeth, “We will deal with you two later,” I heard myself swallow.

“I'm not saving it!” Uncle Joe walked up to us, “You two, working with WITCHES! Running around through the woods, DIGGING UP GRAVES!”

“But..” we both began finally finding our voice.

“No, you two could have been killed, or kidnapped, what were you thinking!?”

“We were just..” we started up again.

“Shut up!” he began again, not letting us explain anything.

“Joseph, leave them alone, now is not the time,” Nanny grabbed the back of her sons arm and stepped in front of him to filled the space between us “Are you two okay?” she looked us over head to toe, we were covered in tons of dirt that now in the rain had turned to mud, leaves and twigs were through our hair, and both of us had mascara and eyeliner running down our face.

“Yes ma'am,” we both answered.

“Misty,” Poppa's voice called everyone's attention to the hole, the real situation at hand.

“These were in there,” I held out the pictures to Nanny, finally letting go of the death grip I'd had them in since I first saw them. It contained multiple pictures, but one of them was us together, my mom, dad and I smiling at the camera; A smile I hadn't seen on either of their faces in years.

I began following Nanny towards the grave, slipping in the large amounts of mud that was forming from the pouring rain. When we got close enough to the hole Poppa grabbed Nanny's arm and turned her away from the hole, pulling her into his body, and Nanny instantly began sobbing. I couldn't hear anything of what they were saying I knew, it had to be true; and my tears began rolling again watching my grandparents deal with the loss of their child, my mother.

“Are you sure?” I chocked out, not knowing what to think.

“Yes, it smells just like her, that's my baby” Nanny sobbed and fell to the ground, Poppa following behind her holding her tight. “My baby, my sweet baby girl,” nanny moaned on the ground.

“How long?” Matt asked from somewhere behind me.

“A long time,” Poppa replied to the Alpha, keeping his eyes on the hole, “They've been dead for a long time,”

“Then who have I been with all this time?” I screeched, if these were my parents, in the hole in the woods, if they were sure of it, who had been my mother and father months ago?

Everyone looked over at me and I threw the shovel down onto the ground and began towards the woods where they had just come out of.

“Hey! Where are you going?” Brian yelled after me when I had gotten a ways into the forest.

“To the WITCHES!” I yelled back, stepping over a large tree trunk on the ground.

“No, enough witches for the night, no more fucking witches!” he fell into step with me and grabbed my arm trying to stop me. “You two almost got yourselves KILLED!” he yelled, anger was taking over his body and I swear the shape of his pupils changed from the light of the moon. “You need to stop this shit! You're clearly not capable of doing this right!” he pointed between us, now he was talking about something else completely now.

“We are not talking about US RIGHT NOW!” I yelled, “They lead me out here for a reason, she said my mother had the answers! How does she have the answers if she's in the hole, if she's been dead? We didn't even come close to even getting hurt!” I could barely breath as the words finally crossed my tongue, my mom, the woman who at one time I would of rather die than loose, had been gone all along, and I hadn't known. Did she cry out for me to help her? Was it a horrible death? Was she buried alive? And my dad, the man I had spent the last few years hating, shouldn't I of known that his personality had changed from a loving, caring father to an asshole, shouldn't I have mentioned it to somebody. “I should of known!” I sobbed, “They are my parents,” I fell down to my knees emotions taking over me, remembering being a child and being scared of the dark, or monsters in the closet and my mom and dad would take me on a ride in the car until I fell asleep, or when I would hurt myself riding my bike on the beach trail and dad would always take me for ice cream until I calmed down.

I felt myself being lifted off the ground and hands began rubbing up and down my back.

“Put me down,” I tried to wiggle out of his grip.

“No!” he pulled me into the opposite direction of where I was trying to go; he was taking me away from the witches.

“BRIAN put me down NOW!” I began punching trying to hit any orifice of his body that I could.

“You obviously can't follow the rules, so let me remind you of them again,” he snapped picking me up a bit more to adjust to my weight. “No more fucking witches, no more going off on your own, no more asking Kevin for help, stop snooping!” he grunted in my ear.

“Put me down NOW! I hate you!” I snarled into the ear my mouth was beside.

“Good, at least you feel something for me!” I let out some scream as he dropped me onto my feet and I felt a tree push up behind me.

In that moment, I was so pissed I couldn't see straight, I hated him telling me what to do, I was pissed that when I didn't go where he wanted me to, he just moved me himself. I was even more pissed about how much I liked it, him trying to tell me what I was going to do. I loved pissing him off. But I was most angry about how I didn't hate him at all.

“Are you listening to me?” Brian's voice tried to slip through the anger I was feeling, I felt like my body was in boiling water.

“Shut up!” I lost control of my body, or I'd like to think I did as I wrapped my fingers through his hair and pulled his mouth towards mine, thunder crackling in the woods all around us. I could of sworn we had been struck by lightning as our lips touched and electricity ran through all of my limbs and rested comfortably in my toes. The kiss was, perfect; and angry. Both of us were fighting for dominance in the kiss, pushing the others shoulders back and the other would pull us closer together. I couldn't breath and I didn't care, I never wanted it to stop as he pick up my hips and wrapped my legs around his waist, neither of us came up for air. I got tingles in my scalp as he pulled my hair and the heat that started at my spine went all over my body, I never wanted to stop, and I wouldn't have.

Until a howl of pain was heard in the distance, everything in me knew that it was my Nanny, howling for the loss of my mom as I made out against a tree with Brian a mile away. It instantly took me out of the drunk feeling I was having.

“Stop,” I muttered against his mouth and pulled our faces apart, quickly he let go of my hip and I felt my feet touch the ground.

“No witches tonight,” he begged with his eyes and pulled my arm towards the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter one! What is their punishment going to be? Who has Charlie been living with all along? Let me know what you think! Can we get three new comments before I update again?