Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

24

“I'm glad you finally found me,” Mike was flipping eggs in the frying pan while we sat around the table, watching him in shock. “I've been leaving you clues on how to find me for years,”

“You're the one ordering things in my name?” I questioned, not knowing exactly if I could trust him, but I felt at peace sitting here watching him cook for us.

“Yes, I had tried leaving you magical clues, all of which you ignored, so I thought I would do things a more modern way, leave a money trail, in your name, places you knew it couldn't be,” he smiled, proud of himself, turning over the pancakes he had on the griddle on the counter.

“Why is it all in New Orleans?”

“You just happen to be in a special house, open the doors, with the right spell it can open to where ever you want,” how could he tell us that so calmly? “I like to spend time there, they have beignet, I love those things”

“If you could open the door anywhere, why didn't you just come to me?”

“Would you have believed it?” he questioned me, still tending to his cooking “Besides, I don't go to California anymore, not since my father went back there,”

He was right, if he had popped in through my bed room door claiming to be a relative of mine, I would of ran out the room screaming. Nerves took over at the thought of Charles again.

“Are you scared of him?” Josie asked for the first time since we had walked into the kitchen.

“No, don't be silly, it is him that should fear me,”

“Why not kill him?” I asked, “Why did you let him keep me?”

“I wasn't aware of the death of your parents until recently, very recently,”

“But you've talked to my mom, my dead mom, you sent her to me; you said so yourself,”

“I didn't have the sight then,”

I gave him a confused look which he seemed to know I was doing.

“All magic comes with a price Charlie, all gifts come with a larger one,” he began stacking the pancakes on a plate and turned off the stove where the eggs had finished cooking, “For me to be able to really see, I needed to lose my sight,” he confessed, “I had already given up one eye to see what was here now, happening,I can see the real things, through the spells, through the glamours, but I gave up the other to see the other side, the other side of the spectrum,”

“But no offense, you are blind,”

“I may be blind, but I can see everything now“

“You see dead people?” Josie asked, “Is that what the other side of the spectrum is?”

“Not necessarily,the other side of the spectrum is the truth, the hard stuff to see, to stomach,”

“My parent's murder?” I questioned.

“Exactly, now eat up, your pack is getting close,” he sat the plates in front of us and we all started eating.

“Why did you want me to find you?” I inquired in between bites, “Are you going to help me?”

“I will do anything to take my father down,” he took another bite before continuing, “I'm ready to go too,”

“What do you mean?”

“When the witches fall, I will go with them, part of you will suffer as well,”
--

After Mike's confession no one said anything for the rest of breakfast, how was I going to end the witches? I might not know much about witches, but I knew that it probably took a lot to end them.

The phone rang again in Josie's pocket after we had finished eating, “Should I pick up? Let them know we are okay?” she asked me.

“Yes please do,” Mike spoke to Josie, “Please let them know not to kill me, we have some business to attend to,” he ran his finger under the collar of his shirt, like it was becoming tight around his throat.

“Hello?” Josie brought the phone up to her ear, “No we are fine, he's not, no we are...listen!” She began arguing over the phone and I looked back over to Mike.

“Can you help me break this spell on me?”

“I can give you the answers you need to help yourself,” his hand reached out to rest on top of mine.

“How can I help myself? I can't even shift into what I was born to be,”

“You didn't think that only one part of your heritage would pass did you?” he kept his hand on mine.

Warm vomit filled my throat at his words, and everything came into place in my head at what he was saying, how I was going to help myself.

“You mean I'm a witch?”

“Well of course you are, you didn't think you would come from one of the most powerful witch families and not have a touch of magic did you? Why do you think they had to stay with you all these years, why do you think you feel the pull of a wolf more now? They did put a spell on your shifting tendencies, but they also made sure to block your magic,”

“They are close, and they are pissed,” Josie interrupted both of us, hanging up the phone.

“Oh I do love a good show,” Mike spoke, but he wasn't talking to us, he was talking to something in the corner behind him, something neither of us could see.
--

“Don't talk, don't move, don't breath,” Matt hissed walking through Mike's front door without knocking.

“You will not talk to them that way in my house!” Mike snapped at Matt, following his guide dog into his living room. Matt tried to open his mouth to yell again but it quickly slammed back shut, as all the guys filled into the room and my eyes met the chocolate brown ones before he shifted them towards the ground.

“yes now, before I let you talk, everyone needs to listen,” everyone was trying to move their mouth and Mike's was wearing a smirk as he spoke. “I am not going to harm you, or the girls,” he was talking directly at Matt. “I am going to help, I want this to end, the war of witches and wolves is a tiring one, and I am ready to lay my life down to help my niece,” he put his hand on my shoulder and Uncle Joe tried to move, but he was stuck to the ground.

“Who are you?” Matt's voice finally came back to him.

“I am exactly who you know I am,” he smirked, I didn't think now was the time to play these games with the pack, but Mike seemed to know what he was doing.

“So you're the real Mike guy?” Poppa asked from the back of the pack.

“Correct, I am Mark's brother, and Charles's son,” he allowed his dog to lead him to a chair in the corner, clearly he wasn't nervous in a house full of wolves.

“And you sent..” My Uncle started speaking everyone realizing for the first time that he was being led by a guide dog.

“Abigaile, yes, I sent her to Charlie, I had tried many other ways to come in contact with Charlie over the years, but you know children these days, everything is digital, so I made a money trail; because where else do teenagers look for people other than the internet,”

“And the New Orleans thing? If you are the one sending her that information you're the reason she got caught by Charles months ago,”

“Yes, I know they would take her,” The guys started to move in on him after his confession, “But,” he held his hand up to the group, “I have my reasons for everything, they can not kill Charlie, clearly, otherwise they would have all those years ago, when she was just a small child living with them; but what I needed them to do is put the strongest spell they could cast on her, one that we can simply break,”

“Who is we?” Nanny asked, I knew her heart was thinking my mother was there.

“Well Charlie and I obviously,” a large smile spread across his face and his dog barked happily;letting his tongue start wagging, looking like he was smiling too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think! Can we get three new comments before the new chapter! Happy New Years BTW! I might get a new chapter up before next year.