Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

25

“Come on, keep up,” Mike was walking in front of me down the side walk while I followed after him, in the pouring rain; somehow no rain was falling on either one of us.

“I am coming, where are we?” I questioned my uncle, we had used a door in his house that had opened up to a small city, all of the guys had freaked out when the door opened, obviously no one had informed him of how the house worked. Mike didn't allow any of them to go with us, claiming I needed full concentration, after a few threats from both sides they let me go through the door with him.

“Where it all started, Salem,”

“Massachusetts?” I asked in shock; Magic was already confusing me.

“Yes, now come on,” he allowed his dog to lead the way, clearly he knew where he was going.

“So all this Salem crap is real deal? There were witches here?” I tried my hardest to catch up to him, but he would walk faster the closer I got.

“Of course, every great story has to have truth to it,”

The dog led us through the square and out through the back side, towards the woods and we started up a steep hill that was littered with trees.

“How does he know where he is supposed to be going?” I questioned.

“I forgot you weren't raised correctly,” he crackled, “he's not a dog,”

“He looks like a dog to me,”

“He was not always a dog, he used magic for self gain this is his punishment,”

“Who is he?” I questioned staring at the brown dog, and I swear he winked at me.

“He is your other uncle, Max; fitting name for a dog really,”

He continued on his path up the hill.

“I brought you here because this is the source of our power, the original place of our pain, like I said magic comes with a price and our family has payed it with blood over and over again. Here we are our truest form of ourselves,”

He sat down on the wet ground and motioned his head down to the ground in front of him to me, as Max sat down beside him.

When my butt hit the ground I found I didn't end up wet, but what else would I expect.

“If we have to sit here all day, until you connect that is what we will do,”

“What am I supposed to be connecting to?” I questioned the man in front of me.

“Yourself, use the anger you have inside you, the pain of the loss of your parents, there is no limit to pain you hold inside yourself. All of that is power if you wield it right.”

“So my witch side will unlock my wolf side?”

“Right now you have a war raging inside you, a wolf trying to get out, and a witch trying to stop it,” he reached out to stroke behind Max's ears. “You are the only one that knows the true call you have , either to the earth or the moon, the magic or the wolf. Take a moment, listen to the world around you,” he shut his eyes, continuing to pat Max.

I copied his actions but I didn't hear anything but the rain falling around us; it quickly made me think of that night we found my parents, that night with Brian in the rain, kissing, being so content, it was like he had sucked the pain away from my body, even if it was momentarily.

“My grandmother always said ' If you want to know where your heart is, look to where your mind goes when it wanders,” Mike informed me. I remembered the first time I saw him and I instantly thought of how good looking he was, when I found out I was his mate, how fast I got over it, my bracelet, the night we went to eat, my plot to get his truck, played to my own sick pleasure to be close to him. His eyes not meeting mine at Mike's.

“Brian,” I spit out the words like I couldn't hold them in my throat any longer, it pained me to hold it in.

“That is the choice I knew you would make,” my eyes opened to meet him, it was no longer raining, and the sun was now out. “Took you long enough to figure it out,”

“How long did that take?”

“We've been out here for a while,” he assured me looking in the direction of the sun which was starting to set.

“What did this accomplish?”

“I swear, you are the one that can not see, look down,”

Panic instantly struck through my whole body, at the sight of the ground feet below me.

“Holy shit...Holy shit!” I kept saying over and over again. I was floating in the air, along with Mike.

“Keep calm or you are going to drop us both,” Mike smirked at me.

“How is this happening?”

“You made your choice,”

“I chose to be a wolf,” I didn't understand what he meant.

“Exactly,” he reached out and snapped his fingers and we were both on the ground again. “You are the only one that can break the wolf out of yourself,” he smirked, “I am the only one that can cast away the witch after,”

“Some how neither of those sound pleasant,”

“Probably won't be,”


“What took so long?” Matt yelled the second we came through the doorway again. Nanny quickly walked up to me and started inspecting me for anything out of place.

“Give us a break, we went to Massachusetts!” I tried to joke with the group, nothing.

“Well, is it broken?” Poppa asked Mike as he shut the doorway behind us.

“A spell this strong takes more than one try to undo,”

“Bitch I can fly!” I yelled at Josie from across the room, “Or float..if you want to get technical!”

“I don't want too!” she smiled over at me; she was the only one happy for me.

“She isn't supposed to be learning how to use magic she is supposed to be learning how to get rid of it!” Brian growled at Mike walking up closer to him.

“Brian!” I yelled at him as he wrapped his hand around Mike's neck. “stop it!” I rushed over to the guitarist and began dragging him towards the front door. As we stepped out into the fresh air he ripped his hand out of mine.”What is your problem?” watching him stomp out on the front lawn.

“You are my problem,” my heart sunk at his words, “I thought yesterday, our ride home, I thought that shit was real, but now I know it was just some fucked up plan to get my truck!” he snarled in my direction lighting up a cigarette.

“It wasn't!” I tried to assure him. “I wasn't lying about how I felt Brian,”

“And I'm supposed to believe that?” he took a drag, “Ever since you showed up my life has been shit, new drama after new drama, and know the worst part, I'm stuck with you,”

“Brian,” I had hot tears streaming down my face listening to him, “I'm telling you the truth! I have been telling you the truth, I could of easily just taken the keys of your truck, but I wanted to spend time with you, in case this was a trap,”

“It would take us both out of our misery if it was, you'd save yourself some time, and me a broken heart,” he started walking down the street and I couldn't bring myself to follow, I sat down on the front porch crying so hard I was sure I could drown.

“It didn't save me a broken heart,” I whispered to myself and I swear I felt the pain of both of our hearts cracking at that very moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well she made her choice! Let me know what you think! Lets see how many comments we can get before I update again, I like to see ya'll feedback!