Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

05

I had tried to stay up until everyone got to my uncle's but after 3 AM I gave up and went to bed. My Aunt Rachel and Zacky had been on guard all night, but after what went down at the restaurant I wasn't sure if they were trying to keep me in or keep something out. I wasn't sure of anything, the people I had loved my whole life were keeping something big, that I knew.
The sunlight was shining into the window of my bedroom at my Uncles, and I could hear more than the usual movements downstairs. Instantly motivation struck at I jumped out of bed, dressing as fast as I could, I was going so fast I thought the bottom of my feet would get rug burn. I flew down the stairs into the living room and fourteen eyes stared up at me.
“Somebody start talking!” I yelled out to the room before I even reached the bottom step.
“Charlie,” Matt began to stand.
“NO, Talk, now!” I stepped onto the living room wood and walked over to my Uncle.
“I can smell all the bullshit from a mile away, I want the truth,”
“Fine Charlie, but you're not going to believe us,” he reached out for my hand pulling me down on the couch with him.
“Charlie,” he placed his hand over mine, before I pulled my hand away.
“Spill it now mister,” I couldn't help it I had to smile at them.
“You're not going to believe me,” he looked dead serious, how could I not?
“Try me Joseph,”
“Okay Charlotte, I'm just going to come out and say it, we,” he pointed around the room, “and Nanny and Poppa, aren’t exactly..one hundred percent human,” Every eye in the place were watching us.
“What do you mean? Not EXACTLY human?” It was everything I had not to laugh right in his face.
“Well, were kind of not at all,”
“So you are like what? Aliens? Vampires? Witches?” I questioned, really thinking he was messing with me.
“No, actually we are shape shifters, werewolves to be more exact.” no emotion but nerves passed over his face. I could see no sign of a joke.
“So..what does that mean for me? Why didn't you just tell me when I was young that’s what you guys were?”
“What would you have said, what would we have said?” he ran his hands through his hair.
“So all of you and Uncle Nick? Sarah? Josie? Jack?”
“No not Uncle Nick or Sarah,” he took a deep breath. “Alot of families have every members, ours is sort of hard to explain. Nanny's Daddy was one, then Nanny, then Me, then you. It goes Male, female, male, female and it's only ever the first born.”
“Then Sarah,” I thought about it, “Me? I'm a werewolf?” I finally was picking up what they were putting down. “Are you sure? I don't feel like a werewolf,”
“We know you don't, that's what we have been whispering about,”
“So I'm not one then? Maybe it's because I'm not your child, I'm just a girl,”
“No that's not how it works in our family, its the first in the next generation, you're the first born by blood.”
“Are you sure? Maybe I'm defective? How would you know I am one?”
“You're one,” Matt finally spoke up.
“And what do you all have to do with this? Are you wolves too?” All of Avenged nodded his head.
“It has to do with us because I'm your Alpha,” Matt's dimples showed as he smiled at me clearly trying to calm me down.
“So you can tell I'm a wolf then?” I for some odd reason believe their little wolf story, I didn't believe my part in it.
“Yes, I can, we all can,”
“So why haven't I..turned into a wolf?”
“That part is what we can't figure out,”
“So your wives? Aunt Rachel? Poppa, all were changed?” I turned back to Uncle Joe.
“No, mated. They were wolves anyways. But wolves can only truly be with one wolf, and it's for life.”
“Like some twilight shit?” I snorted.
“Well, sort of, actually,” Aunt Rachel spoke up.
“Except it's never on humans and it's not called imprinting, it's mating. But it's the same premise, love at first sight, world shattering, and it's forever.”
“So there is like some creeper wolf out there that is going to fall in love with me? And I'll have no choice in the matter,”
“Well, yeah, but once you meet it won't matter that you don't know each other.”
“But I've never been a wolf?”
“Not that we know of, were trying to figure it out, but from what we can tell you don't have wolf instincts or you won't until you shift.”
“That's why you don't have to answer to Matt, the stomach crawling thing you were talking about yesterday, that's from being around you're Alpha and ignoring his orders,”
“Yeah and plus, being around your mate..” Nanny said before slapping her hand over her mouth.
“My mate? Jake?” he was the only guy I was around that didn't have a wive, Jack and..
“Oh no, no no no!” Brian.
“I didn't exactly choose you either,” he snapped, his eyes were blood shot, he clearly was nursing a hangover.
“Shouldn't you be nice to me or something? Aren't you inlove with me?”
“No, I just feel a nauseating feeling, I know what you are, I feel it,”
“But we don't think it will be strong until you shift either,” Uncle Joe cut in before Brian could say something to really piss me off.
“So, did mom and dad do something to me? You were saying something about a road trip, but I’ve never been on one,”
“That is what we are trying to figure out,” he put his arm on my back.
“Well why don't we just go ask them?”
Every body in the room tightened.
“They ran away,” but I couldn't help but notice the amount of dirt under my aunt's fingernails.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?