Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

06

“Mom, It's me, Charlie, I have been trying to get a hold of you, pick up. I love you,”

I hung up my cell and slammed it down on the box beside me, another packing box full. The moment I decided to accept their wacked story of wolves, I was being pushed out of my home with my stuff and forced into their house...the last place I wanted to go.

“Who was that?” Zacky asked as he sat beside me while I packed the contents of my desk.

“Oh, just some friends from school,” I lied to him avoiding eye contact.

Three days ago I had found out I was a wolf, or I was suppose to be one; Looking back now I am shocked at myself that I hadn't ran as fast as I could the moment the words came out of my uncle's mouth. 'Werewolf' echoed in my head, everything had been turned around since the word surfaced, and I didn’t know my face from my ass anymore. But I didn't want to hear the words from them, I needed to hear them from my mom, I'd been trying to contact her just about ever hour for the last three days but it was always the same response, a couple rings before she sent them to voice mail.

“Do you need help with anything?” Zacky reached out to the contents on my nightstand, like he would even know what to do with any of the stuff, toss it into a box like Brian had done with my father's den, he had no care at all for any of the belongings, to him it was just another task placed before him, something he had to do because of his stupid pull towards me.

Something else about this whole ordeal that bothered me to no end, I had began over analyzing everything, watching them. Val and Matt, Uncle Joe and Aunt Rachel, Gena and Zacky all of them, how could they just accept each others love, it was based off of nothing but what someone else told you it should be. Did they really even love each other? It was all artificial.

“No, I've got it thank you though,” I continued to watch him, making sure he touched nothing. I may believe them, but that didn't mean I had to trust them. Especially given the fact I had to live in the Avenged house with all four couples. My uncle had said it would be safer with them than living with him which I didn't understand, what were they keeping me safe from? Since this all began I had just come up with more questions that I never got any answers from.

“Well do you have the stuff you need for tonight? It's getting pretty late,”

I had forgotten he was here to collect me, I had postponed it as long as I could, I was staying my first night with them there was no ifs, and, or buts about it.

“Yeah, I guess,” I attempted to smile at him as I stood up and grabbed the bag I had packed for a night stay, determined that was all I was staying.

“Ready?” He stood as well and began walking out into the hall.

“As I’ll ever be,” I followed.


“This will be your room while you here,” Val smiled at me and I couldn't help but copy the look on her face, she was contagious.

“Thanks Val, sorry I'm intruding on your life,” I put my overnight bag down on the wall against the door.

“You're not Charlie, you are one of us, forever,” She put her hand on my back before she let me in the room. I did the first thing I could think of reaching into my pocket and pulling my phone up to my ear.

After two rings voice mail clicked on.

“Hey you've reached Abbi's phone, I'm not available at the moment, leave a message and i'll get back to you,”

“Mom, please answer, I'm not mad, Where are you? Are you okay? I just need...to talk to you mom. I'm scared. I love you, call me.”

I fought the tears as I hung up the phone for the twentieth time that day, not knowing what else to do I layed down across the bed and closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short I know, I'm about to go into work and for some reason it wouldn't save, so I'm posting it. Let me know what y'all think and if it's even worth continuing.