Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

08

When I got back to the house from Josie's everyone had seemingly gone on with their day,the cake and balloons were put up and no one was in sight. It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, I was ready for hell when I walked through the front door.

“Hey,”

I spoke to soon as I rounded the corner into the kitchen and Brian was sitting at the bar, holding his phone.

“Hi,” I opened the fridge to get a water, trying to avoid eye contact, “Where is everyone?” the rest of the house was silent.

“They went to Johnny's, look Charlie,” I turned to him, holding my water like it would save my life. “I'm sorry about earlier, I don't know exactly how to..control myself. I don't know how to do this,”

“And I'm pro at it, I didn't even know anything like this was real until like a blink of an eye ago, at least you've known, knew something like this was coming.” I poured my water into a glass while I thought of my next sentence. “I'm sorry too, I've looked at all of you like your the enemy,”

“I can't blame you, something happened to make you this way, and we will figure it out, but in the mean time, can we try and get along?” he kept his eyes on his phone with his last part of the sentence.

“We can try, we are both pretty hard headed,” I reached out and knocked his head lightly with my fist. This was the first time I had ever touched him and it felt, odd, not like touching a stranger for the first time, it felt like I'd been doing it my whole life, his hair was thick and soft, the smell of his shampoo filling my nose, it was deep and manly, something other than human, he was outerworldly, my body acted on its own for the first time, it felt like my brain was working for the first time. I took a moment to have a Katy Perry 'E.T' moment before I pulled my fist back. “What happens to us if I shift?” I can't imagine having the need to be with someone, to have them need me to breath, to live.

“I don't know, I've never mated before,” he said in his almost attempt to joke, still we both felt awkward to each other.

“Well the last time it happened to me,”

The snort that always accompanied his laugh surprised us both, we were actually getting along.

“Friends then?” he snorted.

“Friends, and you've got to lay it off with the Jack thing, he's my best friend, he and Josie are all I've ever had in the terms of friends, and nothing, no amount of Werewolf voodoo or soul mate will change that,”

He didn't say anything in response, just nodded his head.

“Well did you want to go to Johnny's and get something to eat?” he questioned after our moment of silence.

“Sure, I guess,” I pulled my phone and a wad of cash out of my purse and shoved it into my pockets.

“You don't take your damn purse everywhere with you?” he stood up from the bar stool watching me as I filled my pockets.

“No, I'm the queen of forgetting it somewhere, I try to keep everything in my pocket.”

“This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship, I don't hold purses.”

“I have a feeling if I wanted you to hold my purse you would!” I smirked while he followed me out the door.

“Not likely,”

While I waited for him to unlock his car door my pocket vibrated, I jumped hoping it was another text from my mom. But when I pulled my phone out of my pocket it was from an unknown number,

They killed your father



“Charlie! You're here!” Josie was sitting in the booth at Johnny's with the guys.

“I think so,” I smirked at the empty beer bottles in front of her seat and the two shot glasses. Somehow that girl always found a way to drink even though she wasn't old enough. I was starting to find out that no matter how old you were as long as you were with the guys of Avenged no one asked any questions in Huntington. But my brain train quickly made its way back to my earlier text, Did they really kill my father? The people I was suppose to be safe with? My Uncle? My two best friends?

“Sit with me Char!” Zacky slid over in the large booth to make room for me, over the past week I had become closest with Zacky, he always talked to me, even when I made it clear I had nothing to say, he just continued to filled the unoccupied space, telling me about wolf history and all the odd stops they had come across on their tours.

“What can I get you to drink?” A waitress came up to the table, her eyes began to scan Brian from head to toe, she paused so long on his head I thought she was counting his hair strands.

“Um, I'll have a sprite, thanks,” I stopped her little eye assault, my words seemingly startling her.

“Oh I didn't even see you there,” she reached out like she was going to tap my head like I was four years old.

“You'll lose that hand,” I almost growled at her backing my head up.

“And I'll have a jack and coke,” Brian quickly tried to stop the fight that was accelerating. As I watched her walk away from the table I didn't even truly know what I was mad about, why would I care if she was watching Brian, I knew he was good looking, which was the understatement of the year, he had beautiful brown eyes, built arms covered in tattoos, he was tall but not too tall, and the callouses on his tattooed hands were another attribute to his sexiness than a sigh I should leave some body butter on his bathroom counter.

“She tried to ruffle your hair, that’s so cute!” Gena reached out and did what the waitress had failed to do from the other side of Zacky.

I couldn't understand how these people were suppose to be killers.

Once again my phone rang in my pocket, as I almost turned the table over to get into my pocket to look at it.

It was from the same unknown number

They killed him, now we will kill you

“Who is that?” Zacky asked reading the text over my shoulder before ripping the phone out of my hands and reading it out loud to the table.

“Who is that Charlie!” Matt uttered after Zacky read them the last two texts.

“I don't know, it comes from an Unknown number,” I tried to state the obvious to the group but they clearly weren't having any of it.

“Well we've got to find out who it is!” they were avoiding the bigger issue at hand.

“Well did you?” I retorted, becoming madder by the moment.

“Here is your sprite,” the waitress jumped us all slamming my drink infront of me after setting Brian's down.

“Do you's want anything to eat?” she pulled out her book.

“No bye,” Matt told the waitress waving her away with his hand.

“Well? I'm waiting?” I stood from the booth infront of the table, “Did you kill my father? Is that why my mom is running?” I grabbed the phone out of Zacky's hand before he could see all my calls to my mother.

“Yes, we did what we had to do Charlie,” Matt also stood up somehow asserting his domination even though I wasn't a wolf of his pack.

“Well I'm doing what I have to do, I'm leaving!” I pushed my phone into my pocket and began walking outside, but I couldn't help but notice I was doing a lot of running away lately.

“Hey,” Jack jumped me as I walked out of the front door of the bar, he was in his shirt from the restaurant, he must of just got done with his shift.

“Take me home?” I knew he was involved with the murder, but he didn't know I knew. I was furious, but I needed a ride.

“Sure,” he turned without question and lead the way to his car, to which we rode in silence the whole way to the house.

“Well thanks for the ride!” I tried to smile at him but it just came out as looking like I had a part time job beating kittens to death. Probably like they had beaten my father.

I didn't wait for him to reply jumping out of the car and through the front door of the house. I knew no one was there but I still ran up the stairs and into my bedroom, locking the door behind me. I knew that they had the strength to get in if they wanted to, but the lock still would give me a few seconds head start if they tried to hurt me, even if I didn't know where I would go, I was up on the second floor which overlook the backyard pool.

After changing into my night clothes I threw myself onto the bed, landing on something hard, cutting its way into my back. I pulled the object out from behind me and inspected it. It was a Tiffany box, harmless enough. When I opened the lid of the box another velvet box was inside, a jewelry box. My blood began rushing wondering what the box contained, the way my life was going it was probably some of my father's organs, or an eyeball of my mother.

But I was presently surprised to find a rose gold buckle bracelet in the box.

Underneath the bracelet was a note, in chicken scratch.

The prettiest thing I could find for the prettiest girl I can see.
Happy Birthday
-Brian