Spotlight (Updated 10/26/21)

What is Going on Here?

My story begins in a lobby of a Morris Hotel. It's a very luxurious hotel. The kind that has a basement spa and a indoor pool that goes well over 10 feet in the deepest part. How I made my way to a Morris Hotel? Well, I am a flight attendant for a very high-end airline, called Surreal Flights. I tend to businessmen and women, celebrities, and political figures while we are in the air from point A to point B. I make enough to enjoy a week in luxury after 3 years of hard work and patience...Lots of patience.

I had been on a flight from my hometown of Cherry Palm to the island City of Silver Sea Isle. I was ready for this vacation. And you could probably telp as I rolled my luggage up to the front desk and pulled my sunglasses from my face. The woman behind the counter threw a huge smile my way.

"Welcome to Silver Sea's Morris Hotel. How can I help you today?"

"I booked a room for 2 weeks under the name Luna Rose." I smiled as she turned to her computer to type in the information.

"Oh. Yes. Of course." She blushed as she stood quickly from her seat and hurried over to a pile of papers and picked up an envelope.

"I hope that you don't mind the room change." She said as she handed me the envelope with my name written on it in beautiful cursive writing.

"Room change?" I asked as I opened the envelope up. Inside was room key, money, and a letter.

I thanked the woman at the desk and left for the room the was printed on the key. Room 1500. I stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the 15th floor. The top floor. Wait...Isn't the top floor for every Morris Hotel a penthouse suit? What is going on here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I stood in elevator, I took the letter from the envelope and read it carefully.

"Dear, Luna Rose

I know this must be confusing to you. I'm the gentleman you sat next to on the very long flight to the most amazing and beautiful island of Silver Sea. I made arrangements for you to stay in the penthouse suite. In the room, on the bed, there is a box. If you could do me the favor of taking what is inside the box and meeting me at 7716 Royal Gardens... That is the only thing that I ask in return. Please make sure to look your best. Thank you.

-Knight Levi Black"

Knight? Seriously...What is going on here?