Status: Thanks for reading!! :D

Waves of Heart

Waves of Heart

Hazel walked down the shore, empty, save for Srikra, hiding under the dock, waiting for the human girl, as always.

As Hazel got closer, the happier she became, and the more she felt waves encompass her heart. She walked faster, near-running to the blue-haired girl. She stepped into the water, feeling the sand seep between her toes, and floated to her. Srikra's pink scales glimmered beneath the water, pool-colored hair not much shorter than her tail.

It was last summer that Hazel found the mermaid, washed up on the shore. She quickly took her beneath the docks, so she could breathe. After that, the mermaid became an almost permanent guest.

"What do mermaids even eat?" Hazel asked and Srikra looked at her like she was offended by her lack of knowledge. "What do humans eat?" She asked, not answering.

Hazel sighed, grabbing a lock of Srikra's hair, and wondered how it became this color.

"Srikra." Hazel thought it a hard name to pronounce. She often wonder how the mermaid would react if Hazel kissed her. Angry? Embarrassed? Do mermaids even kiss?

"What?" Her pink eyes fixed on Hazel's green ones.

"How do mermaids show affection?" Srikra's eyebrows pinched together, and her cheeks flushed a color similar to her scales.

"Well, we press our heads together." She seemed embarrassed and Hazel found it endearing. She paused, a moment of wonder. "How do humans do it?"

And Hazel simply showed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah, mermaids for a drabble contest

IMAGE: http://bigwol.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/dark-summer-scenery-1920x1200.jpg

CONTEST: http://www.mibba.com/Forums/Topic/185821/Drabble-Contest-Pictures-OR-Quotes/