Status: Active-ish :p

Argenti Lupum

Chapter 1

I drove into Beacon Hills late in the night. I didn't really want to get caught in traffic, I just wanted to get to a hotel and sleep before I had to find an apartment the next day. The wind was cold, but I liked it. I opened my window and let the breeze calm me down. I looked up at the moon and sighed. This is going to be a new start for me, a fresh start.

I got to my hotel and went to bed instantly. Who cares about unpacking when you've been driving for 5 freaking hours? I just hope no one has heard of my arrival. That's the last thing I need right now.

______________________________________________________________

I found a nice studio apartment in town, and it's pretty spacious. I'm sure it'll do well for me. The only problem is that it's expensive. I have money, sure, but not THAT much money. Looks like I have to get a job now yay... (sarcasm intended)

"Where does someone even look for a good job?" I sigh as I drive around town.

I spot an Animal Clinic to the side of me and drive into a parking bay. "Helping out animals? I can do that."

I walk into the clinic and immediately look at the desk. I sniff the air. I could smell that anywhere. Mountain ash. Oh boy what have I gotten myself into.

As soon as I'm about to leave a bald, dark-skinned man walks in from the back of the clinic.

"Hello. How can I help you?"

"Uh hey, um I was just looking for work? I could like look after animals, clean up their shit, you know that sort of thing.." I reply, awkwardly.

"Oh great, I've been looking for a worker for a little while now. Let me just get a form for you to fill out. I'm Dr. Deaton by the way, but most people just call be Deaton."

The man 'Deaton' walks off to get the form and I'm standing there confused.

"Well" I thought to myself, "That was easy"

______________________________________________________________

I'm filling out the application form while Deaton is in the back with a few school kids and I can barely hear their conversation. I tune my ears to listen in.

"How's he doing?"

"His heart rate is alarmingly high"

"He's a lot warmer now"

Aaaaalrighty then. I continue listening.

"Lydia, I'm going to try something. I want you to keep holding his hand if that's okay."

Probably some girl and her pet dog or something.

I'm about to turn my attention away from the conversation when I hear the girl speak again.

"That... looks like it healed really fast"

Healed? Really fast?

What?

I finish my application form when I hear shouting and a loud crash. I open the side gate of the desk, my hands tingling a little bit from the mountain ash, and run into the room, where I see Deaton on the floor injured.

"What the hell happened???"

"De-" Lydia starts but is cut off by Deaton.

"Nothing too bad, the girl's dog just attacked me and ran off. It'll be fine! Lydia, call Scott and tell her that your dog got away okay?"

"Okay" Lydia replied before leaving hurriedly.

"Her dog gave you that scratch?" I ask suspiciously.

"Yeah, it was a pretty big dog." Deaton lied

I could hear his heart beat faster.

"Yeah.." I reply. "Must have been."
♠ ♠ ♠
How are you guys liking it so far?