Status: Active-ish :p

Argenti Lupum

Chapter 2

I had my first sleep in my overly-priced apartment and I gotta say, it was definitely the best sleep I've had in years. And that's saying something.

Getting up at 6am to work at an animal clinic, on the other hand, is not fun. Why did this apartment have to be so expensive?

I get changed and head down the stairs. On the way down I bump into a middle-aged man in a V-neck who was leaving his apartment as well.

"Watch yourself." He threatens, and I look at him apologetically and continue to run down the stairs.

I look at my watch. 5:52 am. Lovely, I'm going to be late for my first shift. That's going to leave a good impression isn't it?

______________________________________________________________

I run into the animal clinic 15 minutes late and see that Deaton has company. 2 teenage boys and Lydia are here and they're in deep conversation.

"Hey Deaton!" I shout.

"Hello. Please, go to the back and I'll be there as quick as I can. I just need to finish up something first."

"Righty-O" I reply as I push past the mountain ash gate and into the back room.

Deaton comes in a minute later holding my application form.

"Right, so.. Raine Cartney. That's a lovely name."

I smile and he continues to talk.

"So, basically all I want you to do is look after the animals. Groom them, clean up their messes, make sure they're all in good health and so forth. I'll need your help every so often too."

I nod and Deaton finishes talking with me as the three teenagers walk into the back room.

"Oh, Raine. I'd like you to meet some acquaintances of mine. This is Scott, Stiles, and Lydia, whom you've already met."

"Hey guys" I awkwardly wave, and notice Scott looking at me strangely. It was kind of off-putting but I just shrugged it off.

"Well, I better get to work... I'm not getting paid for nothing!" I laugh as I walk into the cage room where all the animals are held.

I tune my ears as I leave the room and I hear Scott speak.

"Who was that Deaton?"

"She's my new worker here. She just arrived in town a few days ago."

"She seems suspicious to me. I can't figure out why though."

Deaton lowers his voice and I can barely make out what he's saying.

"What do you mean suspicious?"

"Her scent. It's like a werewolf, but different. It's like nothing I've ever smelt before."

Deaton shushes Scott and tells him they'll talk later, and I start to get nervous.

What if they figure out who I am? Or more importantly, WHAT I am?
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback? :3