Status: Work In Progress

Dangeruss & Tazer

Chapter 7

The next day, (after the big bar fight)

Sean Avery made his way to the fashion program that he had chosen to attend. He was actually set to work with the men’s fashion label, Commonwealth Utilities to present a clothing line for Fashion Week in Chicago, Illinois. He was still a little heated from his bar fight with the Blackhawk, but he did his best to push it to the side.

He entered the building, with ease. And made his way to the “dressing” area.

Sean was a little nervous about the catwalk. He did love modeling clothes and being on the ice in front of many screaming fans, but the idea of the spotlights on him on a wooden platform that stretched out in the center of millions of people, freaked him out. He just had to have been into the fashion industry? But the reason was simple, because he was just so talented! He was accepted into this fashion workshop - culminating in a runway show - where models would display his designs.

He was never the typical jock guy. He liked hockey and sports and being tough. But he didn't mind fashion, and yeah, maybe he did flip through a Vogue magazine every now and then. Did that make him less of a man? Did that make people skeptical of him? Did it weird other players out? Sure, but it wasn’t something he dreamed about every day. He did it on the side, as a hobby. And it was mainly for a charity.

In fact, there was once a time, when he didn't care about what clothes he wore, but now, that had all changed. But he stayed true to one fact; one thought he always had, he never wore brown and black together (because he'd punish himself if he ever saw himself in that combination). It was a personal promise he had made to himself as a child.

He finished getting himself dressed and ready. He stood there, dressed in one of his pre-approved outfits, waiting for the other student's designs to be modeled by the various string-bean, twig-looking blondes. He stared into a mirror, as one of the assistants helped to straighten him up.

He hated waiting. This was the worst part of the whole fashion show thing. He glanced to the side, spotting an African American man getting ready as well. He looked sharp and he grinned to himself in a mirror. He had bulky muscles much like Sean’s.

Sean wondered if this man was also an athlete. He pondered whether to ask the man and introduce himself. He was capable of being an okay guy. He wasn’t afraid to be friendly off the ice and speak his mind. He had friends and if someone else was interested in the same stuff he was, why not make another?

The many tiny girls screamed in the distance. He could hear them from the backstage area, that’s how loud they were. He didn’t mind. He saw that the man kept glancing up at him as well. He looked uncomfortable and also a little in shock.

The goon shook his head; he was going to go for it. He reached his arm out, extending it to the African American man. “Hi there. Are you by chance an athlete like myself?”

“I am. I’m a football player actually!”

“I couldn’t help but notice your muscles there!”

“Are you gay?”

“Nah! I’m just a straight hockey player!”

“Oh, cool. So I take it you are also doing this for a charity?”

“Yeah.”

“The name’s Michael.” Michael, the football player shook the man’s hand kindly, cracking a sly grin at the corner of his mouth.

“I’m Sean.”

“Nice to meet you Sean, when this is over, we can get together and hang out?”

“I’d be open to that!”

“Great!”

Sean turned around. He had made a new friend. A football player friend. He smirked to himself.

Finally he heard the familiar name being introduced: "...Ladies and Gentlemen, from the NHL team, The New York Rangers, Sean Avery!"

He shot a look to Michael and walked out. He spotted the girls, who were hobbled by in their stilettos sporting many different, outrageous designs; even one included a real water sprinkler in the hoop skirt.

Sean walked down the runway, followed by his models. He could see people sitting on the edge of their seats, staring intently at his design. They were mesmerized by the details and the quality of the fabrics and embellishments.

The first model, behind him stumbled in her stilettos, drawing everyone’s attention to her. They were ridiculously high, but stunning. After a little pose and some more strutting, the first model walked off the runway and in its place, a male model appeared wearing a very stylish outfit.

Sean Avery watched as the sandy-haired, blue-eyed model was walking down the runway in skin-tight black jeans, a plain black V-neck shirt and a blazer, which looked remarkably like the Avon one, except it was a deep purple with bright orange piping, and the crest on the pocket had gone from an A to a MC.

MC? Sean wondered. What's MC?

He kept thinking about it, while taking in the details of the design. The rhinestone buttons on the blazer, the bright silver lining, the barely noticeable embroidered pattern down the side of the skin-tight jeans.

MC...

At that moment, after the final flourish/pose, the male model exited the runway only to have the man known as Michael replace him. Michael was modeling his own damn design too.

Sean heard the full name, as the announcer said, “And now from the NFL team, The San Francisco 49ers, Michael Crabtree!”

Michael Crabtree, shit! Of course, he had been in the modeling business for a while. He had actually been Sean’s idol and role model.

The skin-tight jeans on the previous model were absolutely nothing compared to the ones Michael was wearing. Michael’s were bright red, the same color Sean thought his face was turning, watching Michael like that. The denim fabric was clinging so much to him that it was like a second layer of skin. His legs looked so amazing that Sean was having trouble breathing, he was in shock. This man knew how to dress and exude fashion!

Looking him up and down, Sean saw that Michael was simply wearing a black knitted V-neck cardigan, which he'd buttoned up completely. That was until he stopped at the very end of the runway, where a blonde haired female was sitting, his wife. She gazed at him, blushing deeply and smiling largely at him, as he started unbuttoning his cardigan. Each button that was undone, revealed the tight-fitting sleeveless shirt that had been screen printed with a constant stream footballs, all jumbled in a mess and revolving around each other. An interesting move.

“Your move hockey player!” Michael taunted, playfully, as he strutted back up toward Sean and passed him, backstage.

The show was over. Sean spun around and raced after the football player.

"So, did you like it?" Michael asked the goon, as they met up.

“You’re amazing, man. You actually were the reason why I began modeling in the first place. I was into fashion, but I didn’t like getting teased by the other players around me, so when I discovered that other athletes like you were doing the same thing I was into, I decided to ignore the gossip and pursue it on the side as a charity event!”

“That’s nice, Sean. I’m glad that I inspired you! But you weren’t half bad! I liked your designs?”

“Really?”

“Absolutely! They were hip and fresh!”

Michael Crabtree and Sean Avery formed a bond with one another. They were quickly becoming best friends and they hung out. As the Rangers’ goon talked to the 49er, he became to contemplate retiring from the NHL and the Rangers. He wanted to get away from the chaos that swirled around him. He hated that the league was postering him as the villain and the big bad, even though he knew that he deserved the label, due to his antics on and off the ice.

Sean rooted for Michael during the NFL seasons, and continued to bump into him during Fashion Weeks. He looked into creating a fashion thread, which he ultimately began to desire. He slowly began to grow more serious about quitting and retiring, especially after the Patrick Kane fight. The bar brawl made him the villain of the situation and babied the Blackhawk, who was the “victim.” He really didn't like this and because of his anger, he illegally checked an opponent into the boards and received a lengthy suspension, because of it.

Finally, he retired from the NHL in 2012. He hooked up with the football player and never looked back at hockey. (Though he did look back at the fight! Because that was what sparked everything!)
♠ ♠ ♠
Sean Avery really is a fashion model, I googled it. But I doubt he is quit hockey because of this. Also, I'm sure he never hurt Kaner. (Shouldn't have gotten in the fight with the goon, there, Kaner!)

And the moral of this story is don't get in a fight with a hockey goon...things won't end well! Be respectful, even if you don't like the player. You can also write a fan fiction on the internet where you kick his ass! ;)

Anyway, I hope this doesn't make Avery come across as gay! :)