Status: In Progress

Something Like Fate

Going Back Home

Anthony's P.O.V.
(Luciana's Boyfriend)
"So, I was thinking we could leave tonight. It's 10am now and we could pack for 5 days, I could do laundry if we run out clothes. I checked online and the next flight to Seville is at 9pm so that could work for us. We both have the next 2 weeks off so I think we should just get this over with." I listened to Luciana rant about this trip back to Seville. I knew she hadn't been back home since she was 16 and although she claims she doesn't miss it, I saw the way her eyes lit up talking about it. 
"Get over it huh? Lucia, I know you're excite to go back you don't have to act like you're not excited to go back." I said, observing as her she turned around from taking her suitcase out of our closet. 
"It's not that I'm not excited, I just left for many reasons and I'm not all that thrilled to be going back with the possibility of running back into him- I..I mean, look I just don't want to listen to the "Where have you been hiding for the last 8 years?"
That's when I knew why she didn't want to go back. She had told me in the 9 months I spent chasing her that she wasn't prepared to let anyone into her heart because it wasn't fair to me. 
She had claimed that she didn't have a solid example of what a good relationship was like and the only man she could ever love was her ex-childhood sweetheart, the famous defender, Sergio Ramos. It still hadn't stopped me from pursuing her. But now I was feeling the extent of her feelings. Even though she was saying how she wasn't looking forward to possibly having a chance of seeing him, you'd have I be blind to not see her eyes twinkle when she said his name. Me being American never watched soccer before but her being from Spain watched soccer religiously. And I could only wish, hope, and pray that she would look at me the way she looked at the tv every time his face showed up on the screen.I'd been carrying around the little red velvet box in my pocket for a week now, just trying to find the right time to pop the question. 
"Well I'm going to start packing and you should too Lucy. You know JFK Airport gets crowed so we should be there by 7 if it leaves at 9. I'm really excited to meet your family babe." I then kissed her and told her not to worry about anything and again professed my love for her. And with that I walked out and left her to pack. 

Luciana's P.O.V.
I watched as Anthony left the bedroom, probably to go book the flight. I felt bad about this. Yessica and Mariel told me Sergio was going to be there when I got there. David had just got his first job in a major hospital as the lead brain surgeon and they were having a party for him. 
I kind of felt like I was leading Anthony on and it made me feel bad because he was a great guy. But every time he told me he loves me I feel guilty because I never say it back. Or how we've been dating for a little over a year and we haven't had sex and I know he wants too. I moved into his apartment and we share a room and he's been acting strange. I just want to get this week with my family to go by fast, and I hope Sergio and Anthony don't ever get a chance to talk because I care about Anthony and don't want him to be hurt. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! There will be a point of view from Sergio next chapter! Please comment your thoughts on the story!!
- Luciana :)