Status: In Progress

Something Like Fate

Parties And Questions

Luciana's P.O.V.
After I came outside yesterday and sat on Anthony, my father looked at my him after he heard me say I love you too and kiss him, and he nodded his head. I didn't know what that was supposed to mean but after that Anthony gave my father a firm handshake and we went upstairs to my old room. I had been expecting countless questions from him but all I got was a "Finally" before he kissed my forehead and went to bed. 
I woke up to the smell of pancakes and quickly jumped out of bed knowing that the minute my brothers walked through the doors they would be gone.
"Always we're the prettiest girl in the room. Even without make up, you curly hair all messy, and in just your pjs." David said from behind with a smile. 
"Ay dios mio! David! I've missed you so much! Come her give me a hug!" 
He laughed and came up to me and wrapping me in a warm embrace. I hadn't seen David since I left because we were both too busy. Him trying to get to this point in his life with him being head of the brain surgery department and I having too many shows to come and visit. 
We had spent the morning talking until Yessica and Mariel showed up with my older brothers and their wives and kids. We were having a great time catching up from the last eight years when Sergio's parents, René and his family and Miriam came in. 
"Luciana! How are you honey? I haven't seen you since Joaquín's wedding!"
"Paqui!" I ran up to give her a big hug, she's always been like a second mother to me. Even though Sergio has Lara, she's been keeping me up date since Miriam has been caught up with everything in her life. 
"You have to come over later tonight, we need to catch up."
After greeting the rest of Sergio's family, I went upstairs and got dressed and when I came back down the spiral staircase with Anthony, we were greeted by Sergio and his girlfriend. 
"Lucia, this is my girlfriend, Lara. Lara, mi amor, this is Luciana and her friend Anthony."
I could barely hear Anthony correct him with "boyfriend" over the sound I my heart cracking yet again. 
Mi amor. 
That was our thing. As in me and Sergio. Sergio and I. Luciana Cortez Muñoz and Sergio Ramos García. It hurt to listen to him call her "mi amor". Just the way he said it, with that sly smirk on his face, had shown me that he was doing it on purpose. He knew the effect him calling her that had on me. Well, two can play at that game. All is fair in love and war right?
Once Andrés and Luís had arrived we all went to David's house where the party was being held, which was a good hour and a half away from Seville. And of course, Sergio had claimed he wanted to not waste any gas and suggested that Anthony and I should ride with he and Lara to the party. I hadn't thought it was a good idea. Even though I told myself I could handle being stuck in a car with the couple I knew I was full of shit. 
Who was I trying to kid. Mariel, Yessica, and David had even tried to get Sergio to say the many reasons as to why this was the worse possible seating arrangement but he wouldn't have it. I knew what he was doing, he had said just last night that his plan was to get me back, that it was me not her. I just didn't know how he was planning on going about on this. His girlfriend was going to be sitting right next to him in the passenger seat of his sports car. I knew how awkward the car ride would be so I chose to lean my head against the window and pretend I was asleep. 
After being awaken by a very angry looking Anthony, I walked into David's house with Yessica and Mariel. 
"Do you guys know why he's all mad?"
They looked at each other nervously then glanced back at me. 
"Well, considering Lara was even worse than him, I'm going to guess our Sergio said something stupid, per usual." Mariel informed me.
I was going to talk to Sergio about all of this, but not tonight. Tonight was all about David. I was extremely proud of him and everything he had become. The party was in full swing and I was in the kitchen with Carmen and Claudia helping them bring out some of the food. Claudia is David's older sister and my brother Ricardo's wife and Carmen is their three year old daughter. As Claudia and I were holding the trays of food Sergio walked in with his irritatingly beautiful girlfriend. I had never just looked at someone and wanted to smack them before. However, I was left alone with Sergio when he told Lara to help Claudia and get to know her and Carmen. 
"I'm really not in the mood for this right now. This night is for David and if you take another step into this kitchen it's going to become all about us and that's not fair to David."
But of course he couldn't let his ego get hurt, and he took a step forward with a teasing smirk on his lips. Somehow after that I was pinned to the stainless steel refrigerator with his hands slipping below my hips and mine running through his hair. When he pressed himself against me and moaned I pushed back and looked at him, disgusted. 
"Who the hell do you think you are?" I said pushing him backwards. "How can you think it's okay for you to do this to me? One minute your acting like nothing happened and you're in love with me then you're making out with Laura or whatever the hell that bitch is called and then you come here and kiss me! What's wrong with you?!"
"Bitch, huh?" he slightly laughed at this. He knew I was jealous but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of admitting it to him. I was still mad at him for yesterday when we were having a moment and he called me Lara. I walked out of the kitchen trying my best to act very calm despite the fact that my emotions were all out of whack. David's mom told me I should go up to the patio and give a speech about him like the rest of his closest friends had. 
"Umm.. I really have no idea what to say.. Which is a first for me." I said breathing out a nervous laugh as the room full of drunken Spaniards laughed. 
"Well, I guess this is kind of deja vu for me, because every time I wouldn't know what to say for a presentation in class, David always rushed from his seat to help me. David, I can't tell you how proud I am of you.. You've always been there for me, anytime I needed something when I was in New York you would always say "call me whenever, four in the morning or four in the afternoon, I'll always be there for you". I can't begin to tell you how much you mean to me, hermano. I just want to say, I wish you everything that is good in life, you deserve it. So... Congratulations David, love you." 
The party ended about an hour ago but the rest of us were there helping to clean. "Us" meaning Ricky, Claudia and Carmen, Joaquín, Gabriela and Thiago, Yessica, Mariel, Sergio, Lara, Sergio's parents, René, Vania and Daniela, Miriam, Andrés and Luís, my parents, Anthony and myself. Finding that I had had too much to drink, I collapsed on the couch holding my head in my hands. Apparently Lara had seen what happened between Sergio and I and she was just adding to my headache. I felt the couch dip beside me and turned to see David there looking very sober. Neither of us had to say anything to know what the other was thinking. I was always and open book as he put it. He wrapped his arms around me in a comforting way. 
"How'd you get to be such a gentleman?" I asked lightly, smiling a bit at our old inside joke. 
"A lot happened when you moved to a different continent Ana." he looked down as he used the nickname only he was allowed to call me when we were younger. 
"It's not like that..."
"No. You want to know what it's not like? It's not like Sergio's the only one you ran away from when you left. You left and thought you were just leaving him but you left all of us. You're like a little sister to me and you, Yess and Mariel are practically connected at the hip. I understand why you left but just know that when you left Sergio went to New York. He bought tickets to all of your bigger shows and sat in the very back and watched you. I know now you're with Anthony but you owe it to yourself and Sergio to go to him and talk about what happened."
I was so shocked that even after David left probably to get Sergio, I was still sitting there with my mouth open and my heart beating in irregular patterns. He came to New York to see me. The biggest reason I was mad at him was because I came back and he claimed he loved me but I never knew he came to see me. I could smell his aftershave when he walked through the doorway of the empty living room. I guess David had told them all to go into the kitchen or something. 
"Why didn't you tell me you came to New York? Why didn't you try to see me when you came? Why-" 
"I knew that after what happened it was going to take a lot more than an apology to get you to continue dancing back in Spain." he said, cutting me off. 
"Then when I finally thought I had the courage to at least try and form an apology to you, Anthony was there with flowers. And so I started to date Lara because I thought maybe you'd hear about it and break up with him and try to get Lara out of the picture. But then you brought him home."
"I only brought him home because I wanted you to see that I was with him so you get jealous and dump Lara-"
"I'm only with her to get you jealous." he said cutting me off again. "I guess it worked considering what Yess and Mariel told me your reaction was to us dating."
I don't exactly remember how our moment was ruined but I know Lara had come into the room that exact moment and kissed him and he never pulled away. Sergio's feelings towards me were still a mystery considering he was making out with Lara. But her intentions were clear. She had feelings for him, I couldn't blame her though. Who wouldn't? But when he didn't pull away I knew I was just fooling myself. So that's when I walked out of the living room and bumped into Anthony on the way to the kitchen. He looked desperate as he took my shoulders in his hands and looked me in the eye. 
"I know this isn't ideal, and I figured when I would do this it would be more romantic but, will you marry Luciana?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Sorry it took so long to update, I was in Argentina for a week but I hope you guys like the chapter, not really sure how the whole sergio confession is, I wrote it on my veryyyy long plane ride from Bahía to NYC. Please tell me if you guys like the chapter and story so far.
- Luciana :)