Status: In Progress

Something Like Fate

First Love Or New Love

Luciana's P.O.V.
How I ended up with this short, lace, white dress standing across from Anthony in a light blue dress shirt, a gray vest and matching slacks, holding hands in city hall... I didn't know. It was an ungodly hour of the morning. Right after Anthony had asked me to marry him, he drove to city hall, but not before first driving to a bridal shop to buy this dress I was wearing and to get a vest to go with the outfit he had been wearing to David's party. So now we were here, standing across from each other with a very tired and angry looking judge conducting the ceremony. He had somehow persuaded her to do this now instead of tomorrow. I had had no say in anything that had been happening between us. I had just sat there with him silently trying to find a way to get out of this. I hadn't even answered him, I was still in shock with watching my first love kiss another woman. But then Yessica's words were ringing in my head, maybe I should give Anthony a chance to love him? I just couldn't stop myself from wishing the man that was standing in front of me holding my hand was Sergio. Despite everything, I knew there was no way I was going to ever be in love with anyone but Sergio Ramos. 

Anthony's P.O.V.
It felt weird to be getting married to the woman you loved with all of your heart and knowing good and well her heart belonged to another man that wasn't yourself. She had this empty look in her gorgeous brown eyes when she looked at me after first looking down at our hands. It didn't take a genius to know what was going through her mind. I knew that by wanting to marry her, I was going to have to constantly compete with the love she has for Sergio. It was a mistake to come here and I know that now because her feelings towards him have only grown in the two days we've been in Seville. 
She never answered me when I asked her to marry me. Even when I slipped the princess cut diamond ring on her left hand, nothing. No yes, nor a no. Just a blank look with shock evident in her eyes. I was desperate because I knew I was loosing her. Mariel had confronted me about it, saying I was just going to hurt myself and Luciana by staying here and that I needed to go back to New York. Granted, my Spanish wasn't great, but that was what I had been able to pick out of what he was saying. Yessica had even been right next to her shaking her head to show that she agreed. I had watched Sergio walk into the same room Lucia was I knew it was low but I sent Lara in after him. I knew that was the only I was going to drive Luciana to me, if Sergio was taken. She had her values and wouldn't ever dream of being the reason a couple broke up. I knew that if I really love her I would should let her be happy and she's happy when she's with Sergio. But I'm selfish, and I love her so much. I'm not letting her go, this is the girl of my dreams. And no, it's not an ideal way to marry someone, it's obvious she's not happy and isn't saying anything because she doesn't want to hurt me but one day she will grow to love me. She has to. 

Sergio's P.O.V.
I drove at a speed that would definitely get me pulled over, but being that it was 2am, I was in the clear. When I get to city hall and beat the shit out of that Anthony Walsh for trying to take my girl.. Will I still be in the clear? Probably not. Considering there would most likely be a judge that was doing the ceremony. Lara had told me Anthony's plans to ask Luciana to marry him after she had stopped kissing me. I know what it must have looked like to Lucia, hell if the situation were reversed I'd have walked out too. But I didn't kiss her back, I just stood there. Lara must of got the message because she pulled away embarrassed and explained that she was sorry. 
She's a great girl, Lara. I felt a little bad for hurting her. The truth was, at first I was just using her to try and numb the pain when I went to see Luciana and some jerk with blonde hair and blue eyes congratulated her with roses, who I later found out was Anthony. By the time we were done talking and agreed to break up, Luciana and Anthony were gone. 
So that's how I ended up speeding down the highway in my Audi R8 at two in the morning. I didn't deserve her. She ha waited for me for years and my pride held me back from going to her. But I wasn't walking out of city hall without my first love on my arm. 

Luciana's P.O.V.
The judge was continuing with the ceremony when the doors burst open. I didn't have to look to know who it was. 
"Luciana, mi amor, look at me please." And so I did. And I saw the only man I've ever loved standing by the doors of room. Hair disheveled, most likely from running his hands through it which was a nervous trick of his. 
"I know I'm never there for you when I'm supposed to be. I'm always too late but I won't be again. I love you and I'm not going to let him marry you. You don't love him baby! Does he make you laugh? Does the thought of him make you smile for no reason?" 
I had dropped Anthony's hand a long time ago. Tears were streaming down my face as I listened to him talk. 
"I know I'm the one that drove you to this point, my love. And I know I've never given you a good reason to believe anything I say. But I love you. I may not be as smart your doctor over here but it doesn't take a smart man to know you're better off with me. Please, I know I'm probably to late but please. I don't want to live another moment with you."
By this point I was sobbing and running up to him. He spun me around once I had reached his arms and kept whispering sweet nothings in my ear while I inhaled his aftershave. Looking over his shoulder I saw Anthony standing there with a broken look in his eyes. 
"So that's it.. Look, Luciana, it's hard to read you anymore. I mean, one minute... You're in love with him, then the next you tell me you love me and actually kiss me, willingly, for the first time. We've been together for a year, Lucia. And if you're really going to leave you owe me the truth. Do you really love him? Or are you going to fight with him and send me mixed signals again? Because I'm going to be honest with you, I can't do this anymore babe. Just.. You owe me the truth. The whole truth." 
I grabbed Sergio's hand as I took a deep breath, preparing for what I was about to say. 
"I never stopped, and I never will. I love him yesterday, today and I still will tomorrow. And I can't tell you how sorry I am for using you. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for putting you through that. But... Anthony, you don't love me. You love the idea of having me, having a wife and someday a family, and having the key to someone's whole heart. But you could never get that with me. I gave my heart, my whole heart, away before I ever met you to Sergio. And he will always have the key."
I didn't have to look behind me to know that there was a proud smile on my lover's face. I released his hand and took a couple tentative steps towards Anthony who looked like he might explode at any second. I lifted his left hand which was balled into a fist, opened it and put the ring in his palm before closing his hand again. I kissed his knuckles before leaving city hall, hand in hand with Sergio.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... Hopefully this was a good chapter for you guys. Please leave your comments and please subscribe.
- Luciana :)